Dashingdon: Free ChoiceScript Game Hosting

Are you playtesting your own WIP? Check out your *scene_list.

Is it “startup” or “Startup”?

“startup” Yes I playtested it.

should it be Startup?

Hmm, it should be “startup” alright.

Speaking of which, I can run your story alright. Maybe your connection is acting up?

Oh it’s a new one actually, I haven’t made it public yet, because of this problem

Oh, hmm hmm.
Maybe you named the Dashingdon “folder” as exactly as your actual story? That’d explain the system being confused with duplicate name and gave 404 error. Probably.

1 Like

What is your DashingDon username/email? Feel free to send it in PM and we can track this issue down.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this is an issue or not, but just now when I was updating my files and checking the current scene files, the startup file appeared as if I hadn’t uploaded the newest version – but when I played the game through, it seems it did upload properly and everything is working fine. It just looks like it didn’t in the scene files. :thinking:

Thank you so much for making the website, by the way. :hugs:

That might be a plain cache issue. Bring up the txt files in your browser and reload?

2 Likes

That appears to be it, because that worked. Thanks! :blush:

1 Like

Most welcome

Pro tip: Shift + F5 to force a “clean” reload.
And I think Shift + Ctrl + R works too.

4 Likes

Hello all. I have read a few recent posts on the board about censorship in general and some questions regarding censorship/removal of dashingdon.com games. For clarification, as long as the content of the game does not violate US federal laws or CA state laws and as long as the both the content of the game and the use of the platform does not violate any ChoiceScript terms of use, the game will not be censored or removed.

That said, if your game contains graphic depictions of potentially offensive material (gore, sex, suicide, murder, et al.), you must tag it appropriately and I personally request that you keep the game set to “private” so that it doesn’t appear on the public game listings.

As far as what “graphic depictions” and “potentially offensive” may entail, use your common sense and make those judgments for yourself as a responsible author. Keep in mind that practicing sympathy and exercising empathy can only make you a better writer.

17 Likes

hello im having issues with creating a game i have filled the title box and chosen my style but when i click on the create game button it tells me it failed to create folders. no other button exists.

Ok I think I found the issue with your games directory. Could you try again, please?

it works thank you

it happened again

Hi @dashingdon, I was wondering if I could ask you. My demo for Oedipus is still showing up on google search so to try and avoid confusion since it’s now released and that’s an old, incomplete version I just deleted it, but it still seems to be working from the google link? It’s not a big deal, but if it’s able to be deleted somehow that’d be great thank you. Link

Ok, I’ve removed the remnants. Really gotta find some time to figure out that bug one of these days soon.

3 Likes

@dashingdon Thank you!

What’s my best option if my chapters are more than 1 MB each? I am loathe to divide these scenes into multiple files. But 1 MB is a hard limit, isn’t it?

3 Likes