Cyberpolice (Minor Update: 19th of March 2024) (WIP)

Another thing I noticed, the heavy cyberised MC lacks a lot of special interactions. Like when the MC plays with Detective Garillac, who is also a heavy cyborg, but he never says anything to the heavy cyborg MC. And if the MC partners with him in the arcade game, their sizes would cause problems, but nothing happens.

3 Likes

Excellent observations.

Thatā€™s the sort of thing I miss since thereā€™s so many things to remember at all times, from player backgrounds to previous choices to physical appearances.

If you notice any other places where itā€™d make a lot of sense to take the heavy cyberization into account, do notify me so I can add some extra lines of description here and there.

(same goes for everyone else too, Iā€™m always open to these sorts of minor additions since they add a lot while being a low amount of effort for me)

Now that I think of it, I think Iā€™ll make a ā€œmaster listā€ of descriptive stuff like that to remember while re-editing the game from the start. No need to rely on memory if thereā€™s a list, after all.

9 Likes

Also while negotiating with the Mean spheres, they should have been spooked by the Heavy Cyborg MC, and make it more challenging to negotiate with them. Also that Cyborg Guy with the Sheriff, disrespects the MC, but technically a Heavy Cyborg MC should be able to clap back at him, because the MC is also packing heavy cyberware. Honestly thereā€™s just too many instances where the level of cybernetics matters for the MC and could interact accordingly.

4 Likes

Thanks for the examples, now I should be able to make a decent estimation of what type of situations call for some extra details on that department.

Mostly matters of intimidation/security, respect, and raw size or mass, it seems. Plus when other heavily cybernetizized people are about. I hope that covers most of the situation types. If Iā€™m missing something, feel free to correct me.

10 Likes

No update today.

Deadline for current update: Complete Stillwater one night stand: This week(explicit stuff included)
Deadline for the rest in this segment: Mouse and Carrington early July.

A fresh perspective does wonders. Finalization done and tested partially, but Iā€™ll change a few things, or rather, re-implement some things that I took away during finalization. The various options donā€™t feel equally interesting at the moment. A while longer, but not much. If it seems Iā€™m getting nowhere Iā€™ll just post it and ask for feedback, but Iā€™d rather have it all be decent from the get-go.

15 Likes

No update today.

Deadline for current update: Complete Stillwater one night stand: This week(explicit stuff included)

Good so far. First thing I re-added went easily enough. The other two are a bit trickier to put in without it feeling forced in a way I donā€™t really like. Rather than spending too much time on it, Iā€™ll probably chop them into bits and spice one of the less interesting options/ā€œpathsā€ with them. Which, admittedly, is a bit weird in its own way, but is still preferrable to forcing them in or dropping them out entirely. Polls on that stuff once I post the update, of course.

Either way, I wonā€™t spend more than tomorrow on them. After that Iā€™ll fiddle with the explicit stuff a bit more and Iā€™ll consider it done(supposing all the options seem equally interesting after testing, of course. And if things donā€™t go smoothly, Iā€™ll just post it as is at the end of the week and rework it if the feedback is bad. Canā€™t drag this out forever, after all).

21 Likes

I just wanted to ask are you planning on adding any new type of cybernetics in the future?

No. Already too many to keep track of, really(and especially to make interesting content for).

7 Likes

No update today.

As mentioned yesterday, thatā€™s it for those parts. Still taking a final look at the explicit parts.

16 Likes

No update today.

Looks fine for the most part, and no problems testing. Iā€™ll tinker with it a bit though. Didnā€™t have much time today due to real life stuff.

18 Likes

No update today.

Deadline for current update: Complete Stillwater one night stand: Wednesday(explicit stuff included)
Deadline for the rest in this segment: Mouse and Carrington mid July.

I hate to say this, but I decided it wonā€™t be ready tomorrow. While tinkering with the explicit parts a bit more, and comparing them to the Mari Badr stuff, itā€™s evident that theyā€™re not at the same level.

The main reason is, obviously, because Iā€™ve ripped them from the Mari Badr version so theyā€™re far too colored by it due to the very different context.

Iā€™ll have to remake them a bit more extensively than I have so far, so the feel is more in line with the non-explicit Stillwater stuff(more romantic, less carnal). The difference is a bit jarring at the moment when going from the main content to the explicit content. In practice Iā€™ll ā€œsoftenā€ some of the descriptions and rewrite at least one key portion in it.

Good news is that since Iā€™m past my anxiety at the moment it should be simple enough to do. (although I wonā€™t have much/any time on Sunday or Monday, which is why I put Wednesday as the goal).

I did say I wonā€™t drag this out forever and Iā€™d post it on Sunday if it didnā€™t go smoothly, but itā€™s kinda going smoothly, soā€¦ :smiley:

Anyway, as usual, sorry for the delays. :stuck_out_tongue:

22 Likes

Ily dude, your passion shine through your writing, taste, and interaction with your readers. Donā€™t push yourself too hard.

12 Likes

No update today.

Deadline for current update: Complete Stillwater one night stand: Wednesday(explicit stuff included)

No work today.

:blush:

Thanks for the kind words.

Still, the truth is that, for instance, today I couldnā€™t work becauseā€¦ I was at the amusement park for 12 hours with my brotherā€™s family(restaurant included), and tomorrow is one of my best friendā€™s birthday. Thatā€™s hardly pushing myself too hard. :stuck_out_tongue:

As for working on each segment so much(day wise), it hasnā€™t been efficient work most of the time, which is unfortunate. Itā€™s not as if the segment is 100k or anything, so three months is way too much for it. I do want it to be of good quality, and I want to improve as a writer. Both goals are pretty important to me, and worth putting effort in.

That said, spring was rather busy for me and I probably shouldā€™ve taken it easier and stressed less. Summer though, itā€™s been very easy, which is why itā€™s been so annoying that Iā€™ve gotten so little done so far. Fortunately it seems(at the moment) that my work routine and anxiety levels are at a really good place(which they definitely werenā€™t before Midsummer). Thus, I most certainly donā€™t feel like Iā€™m pushing myself hard at all at the moment, even if it might look like that from the outside. But weā€™ll see how it turns out, I do tend to have rather quick and powerful mood swings, soā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

What I donā€™t want is for anyone to worry about me needlessly. The problem with me delaying stuff is that it does feed into that for sure, and Iā€™ll try to break that habit with the Mouse-Carrington update. Would be nice to be reliable once again, as I was the first year or so. :grin:

17 Likes

No update today.

No work today.

16 Likes

No update today.

Deadline for current update: Complete Stillwater one night stand: Thursday(explicit stuff included)

Great progress today, but itā€™s slow work since thereā€™s a lot to convert and itā€™s rather uninteresting manual labor so to speak. Looks way better now, though. Honestly, it was kinda foolish of me to think I could just re-use the Mari stuff to the degree I hoped I could. :stuck_out_tongue:

Still, the fact that Iā€™ve been able to re-use a lot of descriptions in some ways has been a great benefit overall. And with them being converted to a more fitting form, they shouldnā€™t even look too similar in the end, so the content hopefully wonā€™t just feel like itā€™s been ripped off the Mari scene. (I do intend to rip both this and the Mari versions for the Mouse&Carrington parts, of course. Mixing them together ought make that work way faster too)

Probably wonā€™t be ready tomorrow, so Thursday is the new goal. (Iā€™m guessing that itā€™ll take a bit of time and research to rewrite that one portion I intend to(ā€œmale organsā€ version). Converting the rest of the stuff shouldnā€™t be too bad as long as I donā€™t get bored while doing it. :stuck_out_tongue: )

16 Likes

No update today.

Deadline for current update: Complete Stillwater one night stand: Saturday(explicit stuff included)

Some progress today. Putting the deadline forward with the assumption my work rate is as it was today(that is to say: not great :smiley: ). Not exactly the type of thing I can do for a long time without getting tired of it. Plus, still havenā€™t rewritten the portion I intend to.

13 Likes

Mari is the best girl.
Would submit again/10 :smiley:

One complain tho.
Interrogation scenes a bit convoluted in my opinion. Not sure if i would managed any of them without saves.

3 Likes

Glad you liked Mari Badr. :sunglasses:

I think there are four interrogation scenes in the game(Potira, Zoe, Crazy Cogs, Cybernetic Richard). Do you mean all of them, or just some?

I do admit that some of them are a bit weird, but part of the design IS that you donā€™t necessarily ā€œmanageā€ them automatically(if by manage you mean get a good end result. If by manage you just mean ā€œare able to understand what the choices even meanā€ then thatā€™s definitely a problem). The idea is that failure can result in interesting things later on in the story.

A bit more information would be good so I can fix the actual problem you had, rather than what I assume you mean. :slight_smile:

Like, what exactly do you mean by convoluted? Are the choices confusing and didnā€™t mean what you thought they meant? Or was the goal of the interrogation hard to understand? Or was it the way they were presented(in some of them you go back and forth with your choices, etc)? What should I change to make them better?

4 Likes

Cybernetic Richard was good. The ā€œuse x to raise/lower yā€ is easy to understand and do. Liked it and managed to do well enough.

Potira?(the one who MC chases after raid on gargoyles) : Maybe itā€™s my reading comprehension, but i had tough time understanding what is exact outcome of the choices presented.

2 Likes

Thanks! Iā€™ll make a note to take a look on it once I re-edit the scene to make the choices easier to understand. (later this year)

As far as Iā€™m concerned, the fault is almost never on the reader, but on the writer, if something is hard to understand. Itā€™s good to have feedback on those things, since it can be hard for me to notice problems since I know exactly what I mean when Iā€™m writing. :grin:

(also, youā€™re right, thereā€™s the Gargoyle interrogation too, which I forgot)

9 Likes