Curious Cuisine (Superhero/Cooking)

I go to the hotel to watch my daughter kick ass.

I admit the second hotel path is more of a shortcut right now for those that dont want to do the other stuff.
I was already toying with the idea of removing/rewriting it and adding the bonding to the city path.

the city path wont have as much subbranching as APORIA but might be a lot more stressful in total.

So, it’s up to what the community things better.

That makes sense, and could add to replayability. If that’s the intent, I think clearer signaling that “this is the boring cut to the next scene choice” would make it feel like less of a trap. As I’ve said before, you’ve primed us at this point that this kind of choice will be “choose between different exciting paths.” So it was a real surprise to see one choice being so much better than the other (and I did really enjoy the APORIA path and am planning a replay or two to see what difference certain choices may make).

1 Like

But but it’s the only path which let’s my kid kick ass.

Different hotel scene. Not the one where the kid kicks ass, but the one after you’ve gone to the mayor’s office to pick up the keys.

Gene, we’re talking about day 2 :3

And mhnnn

So… i could, as said, remove the day 2 hotel path (have either parent or child note it’d be a bit waste of time) or have one note that they’ll go there to take a nap and refresh.

Oh okay I have been replaying but the save system is a bit glitchy for me.

Dont save on the stats screen or anything you enter from there and you should be fine.

Edit:
Spoiler:

I’ll try to keep the stat gains similar throughout the paths. What’s more important is what OTHER info you acquire :wink:

At this point, it’s hard to say, because I don’t yet know what’s to come. It’s possible that it will turn out that I’ll welcome the “shortcut through these cool scenes to get to the REALLY AWESOME scenes coming up faster” when I replay the game. If you think that’s likely, then keep it in but signal that for the reader who doesn’t know better. At the moment, you know this better than your readers do.

Just saw the edit: that’s the key. What I love about the pre-post office choice is that all of them are great, but offer different info. Keep that pattern up, and I, for one, will be obsessively replaying to see everything and decide which I want for the “canonical” playthrough.

1 Like

Oh i do… and heavens im a bit worried about the city path truth be told

1 Like

You had me at airship battle lol :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m wondering if we’re actually lost souls to the gloom reborn as a new life.

1 Like

A mysterious itch dun dun dun

But yeah it was a fun update!

1 Like

I actually didn’t have a problem with the hotel scene. It was kind of odvious to me from the choice that it would be the “boring” option. Of course I like moments with the kid… So I think it could be left as is.

1 Like

Well… i did add a little something to it (that you won’t get in the other paths) Will put it up asap.

@Guntram updated the second hotel path. everyone please tell me what you think.

Didn’t see anything out of the ordinary

Huh, try reloading the cache.

Trashed my post because the spoiler tags won’t work.

Checking what you wrote before (every paragraph needs to be marked spoiler individually) I assume you dont know/care for hannah’s other parent?

An invitro fertilization single mom don’t know the other woman involved.

You know what option I’d have chosen had it not been removed but since it was this is my fall back.