CScomp discussion thread

Depends what you determine is “special”. Did you unlock the third password? Did you manage to fulfill everyone’s desires? ie, kill everyone? And most of all, did you piece together the full story? :slight_smile:

Hmmm, out of all the games I played excluding mine lols I like Treasure Hunting By The Light Of The Moon @Cecilia_Rosewood. I can’t really explain it, I just liked it. Lols I think I need to stop playing and go to sleep.

2 Likes

XD I’ve tried to kill them all. XD They just won’t die! XD

@Shawn_Patrick_Reed You wrote Monsters ,right?I loved that game and I heard you’re gonna continue with it,so I’m excited about that.If you don’t mind,could you spoil about what we can expect to see after where the game ended?

@Drini7 Thank you very much, Drini. I’ve put the spoil into a PM to you; I know that many people will be anticipating this very thing, and for the most part I want the story to explain itself (because it will do a better job of it than I can with a brief explanation).

1 Like

It sounds really awesome.When can we expect to see more,if you don’t mind me asking?Also,what do you think will be the average word count for the game?

Well,
At present, the game is over 140k words including code, for a current average playthrough of 10,199 words. (based on 10 samples) That should, however, clean up as I progress because of what I’ve learned coding (Monsters is my very first attempt at coding). What I plan to do is put ‘Monsters’ up as an official WIP, and update ‘Quill & Sword’, then call for a vote on which people would like me to work on first (I have a feeling I know)… After that, I’ll update either each month, or each chapter. Because everyone who reads it will be waiting for the next update, I’ll try to get that out there as quickly as I can- either the beginning of next month or when I have something worth showing if that ends up sooner.

As to the average word count for the whole thing. I will be honest- I do not know. Because there will be a lot of different endings at a lot of different points in the story, I want to aim for a story over 100k average, but that may mean some story gets over 250k? I have a loose plan, but I don’t know how many words will flesh it out.

1 Like

The good man who organized our trip (driving us there) pisses me off.
He told me to knock off my faggotry.
My character was simply not interested in anyone and he dare use that slur at me.
I must roast him on a stake.

@faewkless Oh yes, all of the characters have character flaws. And they all have their good points. It’s all a matter of perspective. :wink: I’m actually having a lot of fun with how a person’s perspective of a character can change from one playthrough to the next, based on what the MC sees/hears/experiences that playthrough.

Regarding that instance with McCready: McCready has one-sided homophobia, for guy-guy. He secretly thinks gal-gal is hot, but can’t bring himself to admit it. In that case, he assumes that, because you aren’t interested in anyone, you must be gay. Else, why wouldn’t a young person like yourself have a girlfriend or chase girls? (in his mind)
Reactions are all from perspectives that take ooc knowledge into account, people don’t know things that they don’t know, as much as they do know things that they do. This is a good example of that. Your character’s actual orientation has no basis for this accusation from McCready- he’s snapping to conclusions based on the little he’s heard.

Nope I just get the 3 passwords due number of replies but nothing special like killing everything or something cool. i had to read code to judge your game aa i already say too much hardcore level of difficulty

I read through “A World, Once Lost” today…really interesting read…till the ending!! it was sooooo good that it made the ending so bad hahha. what’s up with that?? are there different endings?..or is the writer planning on making it longer!!!

as for Lunatic, I was able to unlock three disorders… yet no special endings :frowning: but is there a point to different endings?? like can you “win” the game?? or just different endings? it’s a pretty interesting idea and I played about 7 times through I think…

as for Blood Moon Prophecy, I really enjoyed the start and I can see how it would have potential but it was WAAAAYYY to short!! waaah lol

@RockStarPenguin

The author has put it up as a WIP. I said the same thing, and it is agreed upon. Apparently what happened was that the plan was to make it a small project, and it blossomed into something more expansive. To my understanding, the author is going to continue with the work and finish it out.

3 Likes

YES YES!!! XD TIME TO SAVE THE WORLD!! lol

Aww. : D I’m so glad you liked it. And even in this version, there are two different endings (with some variations), and it IS possible to ‘save the world’.

1 Like

Awesome!! I will have to give it another play through when I have time. :wink:

@RockStarPenguin Mkay, I hope it proves enjoyable. If you want to know the key to the ‘save’ ending, you’re welcome to PM me and I can tell you how to reach it if you’d rather not have to poke about and guess.

@RockStarPenguin some unfortunate thing happened to me when I was writing the game, but I didn’t want to drop out of the competition. I thought try than not to have tried at all. I thank you for liking it and I would love to continue the Blood Moon Prophecy.

1 Like

@honeymichie I’d like to see it finished. I know you’ve also got Dragoneer, which is a bit of a fan favorite (including myself).

How are you planning on handling it? You and me both have two WIPs now. For myself, I plan to have a vote, and work on the one people are more interested in seeing me complete first.

@Shawn_Patrick_Reed I actually am working on three WIPs at the moment. One week per game actually for the first week I work on Drágóneer then the second week I work on Who’s my daddy?! And on the third week I work on Blood Moon Prophecy. After that I repeat it. When I’m I take notes because I randomly have an idea from my other games. This works for me, but I’m not sure about how this set up can work on someone else.

I don’t code my games, but I have someone else to code for me which makes it easier for me to write because I don’t have to constantly code anything. Down side is that when I demand something then my coder says what I want is impossible I have to re-write a certain scene. Still having someone else to code is a blessing.

I think that a good writer/coder team would speed things up immensely. And you are proof. XD You’re churning out a phenomenal amount of work.

2 Likes