Court of Harts (Low-fantasy court intrigue || Last Update 8/28/2021)

Not at the moment! The next update will have more of the story, but this was because someone posted on the discord that they thought they Mandela effected themselves into thinking the demo has been like this all along so I thought I should point out the change in addition to the updated descriptions lmao.

30 Likes

Happy to see you back!

3 Likes

will the other houses we didn’t choose make an appearance in the game?

1 Like

Glad this is still going! It is such a great concept and I have really enjoyed the demo so far!

1 Like

To be honest there is way too many name choices which is tedious to read so i skip it and just input ky own created name.
Also customization is a bit too much for something which rarely mentioned in the story anyway isnt it?
Having such a depth customization end up giving me an expectation that those customization actually matters a lot for the story.
Anyway been a while since i read this story last time.
Can’t wait for the next update

6 Likes

Yes! Each house you didn’t choose has a default MC to fill in the role. I’ve talked about them briefly here on the blog, but let me repost here:

Default MCs

Elias Duciel is the concertmaster for the royal orchestra and a musician at the palace. Long, pale blonde hair and golden eyes give him an angelic appearance. He’s usually polite and soft-spoken, but there’s a sharpness underneath if you test him. You’ll usually find him in the palace chapel or wherever music seems to be coming from.

Giselle Bellerose is the aide to the Lord Chancellor. She has dark blonde hair usually tied back in elegant braids and buns, light brown skin with a dusting of freckles across her cheeks, and bright brown eyes. She’s energetic and friendly to a fault, but the sword at her side isn’t just for show. You’ll usually find her where the Lord Chancellor is, either that or running correspondence and messages for him.

Isabelle Ashworth is a palace guard, enlisted from the military for her skill. She has coily black hair and that frames her face like a cloud, dark skin, and sharp grey eyes. An exceptionally talented swordswoman, she’s more laid back and relaxed when there’s no immediate threat. You’ll usually find her at her post or patrolling the palace for any threats.

Anthony Blackwood is aide to the Grand Judge. He stands at an impressive six foot five inches, with black, medium length hair that tends to fall in front of his right eye, already covered by a black eye patch. His eyes are heterochromatic, the left one deep black, the right one a bright blue. For all how intimidating he looks, he’s painfully shy and quiet. You’ll usually find him tailing after the Grand Judge, ready to help however she wishes.

:heart: Thank you so much! It makes me happy to know people still enjoy the demo and game still.

I think with IF games these days, character creation is almost a requirement, and if not that, then I think most people still expect it. Plus I just personally enjoy character creation even if it has no impact on the story, I like being able to solidify a character in my head through the process.

But also character customization does play a role in Harts lmao. Perhaps it’s not extremely significant, but I do plan on adding code that keeps track of the Consiel’s appearance, particularly in relation to the rest of their family and the “default” appearances.

30 Likes

Four detailed backgrounds, wow! I named them Ira Ashworth, Ionel (Ion) Duciel, Gwenael (Gwen) Bellerose, and Elian (Eli) Blackwood. I love em all. Especially the underhanded Duciel route. That mic drop lmao.

I don’t quite get why Duciel mc’s father chose the twins over them even when they have gold eyes too though.

2 Likes

He is a hypocrite.

1 Like

When Bastien saw the mc he got reminded of his late wife, that’s the reason that he prefer the twins. getting an “angel touched” eyes are just bonus to him

I understand that it’s probably a colossal pain in the ass to code all those variables, but I have to admit that it’s a slight bummer that I can’t have my bigender (trigender? Is that a thing?) character dye their hair and take on a gender-flipped rendition of their name for when they’re feeling X gender that day.

So that’s just my own personal headcanon, then!

Asher/Ashe/Asha has blue-and-grey heterochromatic eyes, dyes her hair red when she’s Asha, dyes his hair black when he’s Asher, and dyes their hair white when they’re feeling in between, Ashe.

It’s kind of a fun character, actually. I might have to make Ashe a thing outside this WIP…

And destroys their hair :grimacing: make it a wig I’m begging you. My hair follicles are screaming

16 Likes

as someone who dyes their hair a lot and has gone from box dye black to platinum blond over many months of careful colour planning and bleaching, i second the wig idea :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

It would appear hair dying is the suboptimal choice for my character’s gender-flipping habits, so I’ll have to take that one back to the workshop

1 Like

Hello! I’m really intrigued by the game so far, looking forward to where it goes. I was wondering, since it’s possible to set a nickname, whether or not the nickname could also be included in the stats screen.

4 Likes

Loving this so far

Excited to see where you’re gonna take this story.

Sounds interesting, although there isn’t much yet for me to really tell. Can’t wait to meet more characters aside from the fam! And it’s always nice to have more court intrigue stories in HG.

Keeping an eye out for this one @Leem !

1 Like

Hoping for this to progress

13 Likes

Pretty good i really like it

1 Like

Wow this one is good, I really like it

1 Like