Community College Hero: Knowledge is Power (old WIP thread, now closed)

I would also love to help test the second one if you still need testers.

1 Like

I liked the original storyline immensely, so you can count me in.

1 Like

i helped to test the first part throught i remember my perfomance being less than stellars. Still i woud love to Try to do better. If you still need testers just tell me okay ?

1 Like

I loved the first one. I would love to be included in the bata if thar is still room

1 Like

I hope I am invited to the beta. I think I already am, but just needed to make sure…

1 Like

Hi, I am interested and I would like to beat a test this game if you are still recruiting

1 Like

Hi, I would be interested in beta testing this game

1 Like

Beta? BETA?! BETTAAAAAAA

1 Like

I have recently read CCH part1. I really enjoyed it! I got the Breaking Objects and People teacher to offer to train me too.

If your still looking for Beta testers I’m up for it…

1 Like

I would love to be a beta tester

1 Like

Man i would really like to beta test.

1 Like

Do you lot even look at the post date? October of 2015. Can always find the ones looking for a free game. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I was going to say that I have private testing going on, but Part 2 is in its VERY early stages.

Just to keep the private thread from getting too huge, I’m ending invites back to the folks I promised 3 days ago. Folks who have posted since then, I REALLY appreciate your willingness to help and I’ll post later this year, probably in the fall, when I get closer to having a finished game for REAL beta testing.

6 Likes

Hey Eric – closing this for now, please contact any mod when you want the thread open again.

I’m moving CCH Part 2 testing from private thread to public. A lot of the folks in the private thread are no longer active, and it doesn’t make any sense to keep it private.

II’ll post an active link tonight with an update! It’s still in the VERY early stages, but I’m taking a full week’s vacation the first week of August in an effort to push the story significantly forward.

14 Likes

Yay!!! Can’t wait!!! I literally screamed when I saw this (may be little bit too excited)

3 Likes

Okay, here’s the link.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/267555110/web/mygame/index.html

It pasted randomtest and quicktest just now.

You have two options:

1. Play Part II straight through (it might take 20 to 25 minutes)
  2. Skip right to the fight! (I really need people to test the fight scene. The “skip to the fight” option skips all the initial scenes and lets you quickly test just the fight scene. There are quite a few options to take during the fight scene and I encourage you to try different things.)

If you’re willing, I’d ask you to fill out this little report after you finish the fight scene and paste your data in this thread.

(EDITED TO ADD: these are the only stats I need from you! The other stats don’t matter for the fight)

Archetype
Level
Pow
Zap
Whoosh
Thud
Shhh
Hmmm

What was your Ouch Meter by the end of the fight?

Based on the damage you took during the fight, do you feel your Ouch Meter should have been higher? Lower? Or was it about right?

Your Overall Impressions of the fight scene.

Also, I obviously welcome the readers who have not been part of the private testing thread. As always, I love getting feedback, as I feel it greatly enhanced the quality of Part 1. Although the major story elements (like the “three paths”) and mechanics are set in stone, small creative suggestions re: dialogue, ideas for choices, etc., can really help!

Thanks for reading!

18 Likes

Archetype: Detective
Level: 3
Pow: 8
Zap: 3
Thud: 1
Whoosh: 2
Shhh: 6
Hmmm: 9
Ouchy!: 75
Note: These are from my second playthrough, where I skipped straight to the fight.
Impressions: First of all, this may just be me, but, the game seems to definitely have a wee bit darker tone it so far, than the last one. And I’m loving it.

Now as for the fight itself, I did feel like my ouch meter was a little bit too high. Just a little bit. When fighting the Untamed, I was kicked in the knee (or ankle), then took down seemingly with a double-leg. I received twenty points of damage for that, even though the guy just started to strangle me. Felt like that should have been ten. He didn’t slam me, and I know we were outside, in an alley, but, I’ve been tooken down to the ground before, on concrete, just like this, but it won’t seriously hurt you. Now a kick to the knee can be devastating, but, it wasn’t hard enough to cause legitimate physical damage, apparently, from what I read. It seems like it would be just one of those it hurts more than it should type moments. I’ve received an oblique kick to both knees from grown men a few good times during my Mauy Thai days, and they’re actually not meant to break anything. It mainly just hurts, alot. You’d have to do more of a direct knee stomp to actually break all the bone and cartilage inside, and that still takes a fair amount of force. I’m basically saying that since he just through a street fighter’s kick to one of our knees, that coupled with a takedown and a sloppy attempted choke shouldn’t bump our meter up 20, but ten.

Now for the Wyvern fight, I really appreciated the options here. Allowing me to actively search for a certain spot on his helmet in order to rip it off and beat the shit out of him with that was awesome, plain and simple. Even if it doesn’t exactly work, you still managed to make me feel like my idol, Batman (obviously), and, just, like, a combat-effifient Detective, which is EXACTLY what I wanted to be since Issue 1. Props to you on that, good sir. No complaints about the damage received here, though. This guy was one tough nut. Almost busted mine. Er, my MC’s.

On everything, really. I thought, and this may not be the right word, but, the sort of choreography during these fights that really go with the flow. Besides my complaints about the amount of damage regarding the Untamed, I actually thought this part was perfect. My MC (Nightwatcher, naturally), went for the gun on the ground. After getting hit and wrestled off balance, my Pow stat was high enough for me to just quit resisting and literally sock the bastard off of me. Honestly, you can’t deny how well you actually make stats effect combat, and I love that, as well.

I hope that was constructive. Man that took longer to type than I thought. :joy:

Thank you. I cannot wait for the second installment. The first has been on my phone since the very day it was released. You have no idea how obsessed I was with it for awhile. Looks like that’s going to happen again. Cheers. Please don’t break Tress’ arm again. She’s my girl. :wink:

Archetype: Acrobat
Level:3
Pow:6
Zap:1
Whoosh; 9
Thud: 7
Shhh: 2
Hmmm: 2

What was your Ouch Meter by the end of the fight? 57%

Based on the damage you took during the fight, do you feel your Ouch Meter should have been higher? Lower? Or was it about right?

Being a level 3 I felt pretty weak in fight. however that might have been down to my choices. regardless I would say my ouch meter was I guess believable in line with the options I was choosing.

Your Overall Impressions of the fight scene.

as an acrobat I enjoyed the chase sequence. This was my first run through this battle and stuck with choices that were consistent with the character and their skills. That got her a prompt beatdown for most of the fight. Despite the “loss” I was content with achieving other goals such as luring the enemy away to not hurt the homeless man or crook etc. the chase made me feel like the pc was somewhat helpful or of use during the fight.