COMING THURSDAY: "The Fog Knows Your Name," New Author Interview, Demo, & Trailer!

Just finished the demo and I’m very excited for this game! It is a very timely release and definitely gets the spooky vibes going for Halloween–it’s very well-written and captures everything I love about IT and Stranger Things… and it makes Maine sounds creepy as hell. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

A fitting primer to Spooktober indeed; cannot wait to buy this.

1 Like

Ok i have to say, i’m usually not a big fan of horror/spooky games but this game surprised me with how much i liked it!! :heart_eyes:
It’s really great so far and i can’t wait to see what happens! I love it and it’s a certain buy for me.
Great work and good luck to the author and i hope to see future projects from them :smiley:

3 Likes

Can you be evil or use the fogs power???

The demo was awesome, I’m hooked!
That trailer though, the moving eyes surprised me.

It may not be my kind of content, but that trailer was really good. I really like how the art was cut/animated. Have you guys ever done that before? The trailer style reminds me of a lot of lyric videos for rock and metal singles on YouTube lately. Love it!

I loved the demo, we really do need more horror stories in COG. can’t wait to buy it when it comes out!

So if ever there was a way to sell a game, ending the free preview on that cliff hanger is one of them :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

It really depends on what the artist comes up with that the trailer designers can then animate. And we give almost zero direction to the trailer artists: they get a script, a VO, a music track, and the game art. They do wonderful work.

2 Likes

I wasn’t really thinking about this game one way or another, but after playing the demo it’ll be a buy for me.

Only downside so far for me were the stat-checks on a lot of choices. It was hard for me to discern which choice was tied to which stat and it did force me into some responses I didn’t like but felt compelled to because of my stats.

10 Likes

Really? The stat check seemed easy enough for me.

finally got around to playing this one. what? I’m a slow poke! Lol

It was Sooo good! it remind me of those good ‘haunted house’ stories kinda of thing.

You know, small community, easy to hate, easy to love. You add your typical not-teenager group of buddies. The sea nearby, and a mystery peppered with some spookiness.

I loved this story, its the right level of scary stuff for me (yes I have been sleeping with a night light cose of it…don’t judge :yum:)

It keep you hooked from beginning to the end. And then, you just wanna start over, and do it again. Give you goosebump, give you friends you wanna see more of (and wish you had in real life), make you wanna settle in that shitty town and play prank on them!

So bravo!! and thank you for an amazing Story and Game! :hugs:

3 Likes