COG's Vampire the Masquerade Games Overall Discussion Thread

I’m pretty sure all those vampires with True Faith are v20, which I personally haven’t touched, but v5 True Faith is kinda ambiguous. The rules don’t explicitly say kindred can’t take True Faith, but the powers in the book refer specifically to “the mortal” or “a mortal” using them. Like with a lot of things I’d imagine that it’s up to the Storyteller in a given tabletop game, though my guess is that the powers aren’t intended for use by vampires and there would probably be guidelines against it in any official v5 stories such as the COG games or any other videogames. Could be wrong about that though.

4 Likes

Oh that makes sense as v20 was an entirely different monster from what I read. The elders were absolutely unassailable and the powers were nightmarishly strong.

I really loved Night Roads. I felt like I had a lot of choice in how my character developed, what and how I could do things along the way, and how the game ended. It is by far my favorite of the four. The game felt like a TTRPG experience. I was excited by Sins of the Sires, but it felt the most rushed. I liked Parliament, but still wanted more. I probably didn’t give Out for Blood enough chance. I played it right after Night Roads and wanted another MC as vampire game. I should probably fire it up again. Not a VTM game, but the HG Vampire Regent has a very VTM feel.

Now, am I the only person who plays Vampire: The Requiem and would love to see Chronicles of Darkness games get some love? You lisiting Paradox/Onyx Path/White Wolf? :smile:

1 Like

I recommend you wait a little while and give Out for Blood another go after the True Faith update. They haven’t announced a release date yet, but it definitely won’t be too much longer.

Thanks. I’ll wait for the update, then. OFB suffered because I wanted a different sort of game, so would like to give it another chance.