CoG/HG Gifting

Sorry if it feels like I’m over-dramatizing. I’m just going to post periodic updates here because I feel like I should be accountable to someone with all the purchases flying around.

-So much positive response. I wish I could share some of the messages. Maybe, after the draw and with permission, I can sterilize the names and make a master list to share with everyone. Doesn’t feel like something I should hog to myself.

-I may have to conduct the drawing differently. More people are into purchasing specific titles for people, and I should have expected that. It makes sense, really, to want to support a specific author and share a title you enjoyed. And I don’t want to discourage that. So, I’m going to pair specific requests with specific gifts until those are exhausted, and then use the unspecified gifts to cover the excess.

-Originally, I’d intended to limit the books to one per recipient. Mostly, I plan to except in the cases where someone wants to buy multiple books in the same series for one reader. Also, if there’s books left over at the end, I will let the gifter decide.

-Originally, I’d intended to do a control group of ten books, but we’re well past that. I thought I’d just go with whatever number we have on the last day of the month.

-Before I make the purchases on the 1st, I’d like to present an Excel sheet with all the pairings to a mod just for blameless double-check fairness. If anyone would agree to it, it seems like the most honest way to do things. I’ll try to organize it so that it will only take a minute of moderator time. [Mod please]

11 Likes