Civil War: Liberty or Union! (WIP)

Mini-Update Time!

As I’m busy at band camp for this week, I can’t post any major updates till this Friday. However, I have: fixed several typos, changed things to peoples requests, and added on to the part where you receive your letter of recommendation from your senator.

@KnightTemplar Well…sort of. There are going to be several differernt paths you can choose from such as one being the Union winning at Bull Run. There will be a way that you can play out the entire Civil War though. Yeah, I might be adding some states later, but I was considering Maryland a northern state. Yes, you can be from a southern/northern state and fight for the opposite side, it will be a choice.

I got mentioned! :smiley: Yay!

I like your writing style. Very eloquent. :slight_smile: I also like that you included historical tidbits about Florida (my home state).

About the historical accuracy: I believe Carolyne’s “When In Rome” has a disclaimer at the beginning that goes, “An empire almost exactly like Rome…” It’s sort of a catch-call phrase to cover up any historical inaccuracies or changes to the timeline that may result from gameplay. You may want to use something like that.

By the way, at the top of the stats screen it says “This is a stats screen!” It made me laugh when I first saw it. :smiley: I get the impression that you stuck that in there when you first made the screen and then forgot about it.

While I was in the middle of playing the game and typing this comment, you updated the game and now there is a 404 error when I try to open it. Just so you know.

Anyways, love the game! Thank you for uploading it!

@Mirabella Sorry, Dropbox is giving me problems right now D:

Need new link

Ok so if anyone can help me, Dropbox isent letting me copy a link to post here…

@BraveMustang No worries! We’re all patient here!

(Edit) Sorry, I’m completely useless when it comes to anything with computers…

There! @Dark_Stalker @Mirabella

The first link should work now with what I have up too. Sorry for the problems…

(edit) Oh yeah, @Mirabella Florida is my home state as well so I had to show some love to the sunshine state!

Error when selecting to exercise. Sorry forgot to copy the error message.

Good game and hope to see more,
Also typos which I will point out in the next post.

I feel like, if you’re playing a female, you should have a fake first name since you’re trying to hide your identity as a woman. Otherwise I’m having people call me Ann when I’m pretending to be a dude

@jcury I fixed the error, thank you.

@snappingcookies Most of the names for the female section I picked out from a specifically gender neutral name list. I’ll look into changing the names there, but later on in the story I have something planned in terms of if you choose a female name.

@Msox99 As you wish…

Mini-Update plus news!

Ok so I have updated to your actual appearance at the entrance of West Point, plus some typo and spelling fixes.

Also, I’ve been in contact with an artist and we are in discussions on what the artwork for this will look like.

Got an error. When you choose to fight and disarm the guys after going to WP, got “westpoint line 169: invalid indent expected 6, was 4.” Other than that, nothing.

@MSox99
That is weird…I tried that right before I posted it…oh well i’ll fix it later today…

As a general question does everyone prefer longer less frequente updates or smaller more frequente ones?

It doesn’t matter to me. As long as it os fun and playable, I’m game for both.

Also, are you planning on adding a few more MOS’s for your soldier, or are you sticking with engineer. I’m fine with the engineer, I’m just curious.

@MSox99

Mehh, that is extremely low on my list of things to do with this game…maybe after I finish the whole story first.

Also I’m leaning towards the larger updates due to the activity of this thread, but I will still be answering questions.

I was just wondering, that is all. Curiosity is a major part of me.

Just popping in to say enjoying what I have read so far, real curious as to wear you are going to take us on this journey. And with updates go with what you feel is right for you, but being active in the forum is a big plus.

Yep And besides, this is one of the coolest WIPs on here now.

Still here!!!

@Pace675 and MSox99

Yeah, i’ve gotten really further ahead then where the demo leaves off, I’ve really changed what you have for west point so far…expect something soon…