Choice of the Vampire -- Beta Testing

After telling Carothers i had no luck in finding wilson in the next scene- The next evening, you finally connect with Stennis, “a mortal whom you hired years ago to seek out Wilson.”- which we’ve already been told…

@jasonstevanhill - A few things from my latest playthrough, including stuff from part 1. I apologize for the wall of text :stuck_out_tongue:

file: new_orleans_affair.txt, *label dinner_ends
#I follow her inside; there we shall explore the pleasures of the flesh.
*set knows_parts_dont_work true
…Eventually, the temptation grows too great, and you sink your fangs into the
inside of her thigh.’
Shouldn’t this result in a “*set fed_from_clotho true”?
#I follow her inside, and before the moment of intimacy, feed from her. She won’t know the difference.
*set compassion %-20’
Shouldn’t that be %+20? That seems like a much more callous act, than a compassionate one.

file: vicksburg_siege.txt, *label declaration_of_love
‘The second time your sing it for him…’ → ‘The second time you sing it for him…’
‘The soldiers of the Company is thrilled by the piece…’ → ‘The soldiers of the Company are thrilled by the piece…’

file: vicksburg_siege.txt, *label 1866
‘#"I would appreciate it if you would teach me to speak English…’
This should result in a ‘*set speaks_english true’ (this variable is set appropriately in the analogous option in file: vicksburg_denouement.txt)

file: vicksburg_refugee.txt, *label sam_and_andrew and *label petition_no_english
If you extended an invitation to introduce Calkins to Withers, the paragraphs read as meeting Calkins and bringing him to Withers’ home, then suddenly you are at home and receive a summons, and are surprised to see Calkins with Withers.

file: vicksburg_depot.txt, *label calkins_argument_no_english and *label calkins_argument
If the option ‘#Urge that he be given the strictest of punishments.’ is chosen and you speak English, you are then rewarded for your service; however, if you don’t speak English, you are not rewarded, even though the paragraph is otherwise identical. I would think a reward should be given regardless of language spoken.

file: memphis_kkk.txt, *label after_speech
The variable ‘met_nbf’ should be set here as you are speaking to Forrest, since it is checked in later scenes, but never set.

file: memphis_kkk.txt, *label join_kkk
‘*set invitation_to_join_kkk_extended true’ → ‘*set joined_kkk true’
The ‘invitation_to_join_kkk_extended’ variable is not currently checked anywhere, and the variable ‘joined_kkk’ is not currently set anywhere, but is checked in multiple places. I’m guessing there was supposed to be a scene for the initiation, where that variable would be set, but until/unless that scene is included, the ‘joined_kkk’ variable should be set directly.

love this game

me to.

Nothing major this play through but-
Wilson- You know, I thought I’d received my freedom when I bought it from old Mista Maddox. Now I see that you’re just another slave-hunter, come to put me back in chains."
He seems to slip his accent in this paragraph.

I may have miss read the sene(and as I have already past it I can no longer quickly check) but when i aprehended wilson i choose to send him back to Withers with a stake in the heart, the next scene has Carothers apprehending him ,then I end up staking him again and sending him back to withers… ?

Error: TypeError: ‘null’ is not an object
Scene: timejump4

@DreamWalker Both good catches (re Wilson). Can’t find the bug in timejump4 though.

@jasonstevanhill will the cheat be reinstated in the game?

Is that the same cheat Player explain on the first page of this discussion ?

no its a name cheat that they had and i wanted to know if it still worked

@vampierkid222 Doubtful. The Chicago and Boston stories are becoming more out-of-date the more I write chronologically.

That said, I think part three (St. Louis) will be shorter than Memphis, and Chicago is already partly written…

Also, for those still paying attention: I need suggestions for questions to pose in the letter-writing sequence, as well as something(s) to replace the TODOs with in the 1877 caucus.

All suggestions welcome!

@jasonstevanhill could you make it so you could write letters to Jesse, Estafania and your maker asking them how they’re getting on, etc. and maybe some other questions (even proposing romance, similar to when you suggest that you and Jesse go on an outing)?

yes something similar would be awesome romance are really cold and formal in this game something more romantic could be perfect

@MaraJade I think that romance being cold etc. is a part of vampirism- the game doesn’t only explore the perks of it! So far all of my romances have ended in death, but I’m hoping that at least one won’t… Or that I can make myself mortal again and then it should be a lot easier! It seems that vampires may have to settle with being unloved :-((

Like player mentioned (but not just at the jew) could there be more opportunitys to dispose of other members? Ones that disagree on your stance on the revolution? and i no that would violate the rule of restraint, but as my character rid himself of his creator (and any other I had the chance to) I don’t see this as a big issue

O I see thanks for leting me know btw love the game

@DreamWalker I too, got rid of my maker. It made it alot more interesting instead of being given status and all that. Plus Jesse will always have a place in my heart…

I should have made that option an IAP; that alone makes the game substantively more difficult to code.