Choice of Romance Part 3 - Til Death Do Us Apart - Review and Discussion

I don’t think there’s enough with Torres in order to justify a DLC. I think Mendosa there would be, but again, it’s not the story they want to tell and I’d really rather they started on a new project than rehash the old one. We can leave it to the realm of fan-fiction what really happens when Mendosa and the protagonist go off to seek their fortunes.

Is there anyway that one doesn’t have to go along with Tomas’ mind control? I know if you have a high enough magic you don’t have to tell him anything at the end of your interaction, but I hate having to be all ‘I am yours to command’ and ‘I’ve always trusted you’ yada yada yada. I see other options that are greyed out but I can never select them…

The first time the choices are forced regardless of how high your magic is. That first encounter with him is railroaded.

@FairyGodfeather: I think they said at one point that there were plans to make a Mendosa-side story.

As for Torres, I do agree that there isn’t enough, and that any Torres side-story would be mostly new material. (I still have it on my wish list, just because it’s the choice you’re “supposed” to make, from an in-universe perspective, but Drazen and I are probably the only ones who’d be interested in it for that reason alone.)

They did? I wonder if they still plan to.

I actually liked Torres, at least if Torres was female. I wanted more room there to actually make more of the relationship than a marriage of convenience though. To at least work alongside Torres, to learn the business, to take some of the strain of it off their shoulders and help out, and make the most of the marriage, instead of just being alone in an empty house as they continue to do their thing. But I don’t think any of that would make for an interesting story. I’d just have rather had a more interesting epilogue.

I was disappointed that Torres was never much a part of the second game. They should have been. That there was never a chance for a happy relationship with them. I’d have liked Choice of Romance to have had three valid choices, but Torres never really seemed a legitimate choice in regards to romance.

Is anyone else having trouble stopping Tomas from reading their mind?
I hit a wall so many times… AND I actually went back and made sure I had max magic, but the option is still unavailable…

Well, it was last time I checked.

So, is it possible or what?

1 Like

I played mendosa and vega routes but in the end SPOILERS

`they die…

can i save them ?

Yes they can.
Poison the Monarch or do a sucessful coup against them.

thanks because either I die or i live but they die :slight_smile:

I am so desperately asking if someone will advise me on how to achieve the best ending, i mean to get the throne at last …

When it comes to deal with the King’s son, Thomas, there are six to seven options but i always can’t choose the options that i can resist his mind control immediately.

I got the ending of under his mind control many years until my son grow up and rescue me, and another ending is that i kill him but i can’t survive either, and also the ending of just fail and die very soon.

How can i get those options? What should i choose before…?

If I’m misunderstanding you, please tell me, but…

If you’re talking about the first time the MC and Tomas interact, I think the first few choice bits (or so) automatically have options that are always grayed out - these are the things your MC might be thinking and wanting to say, but can’t because of just how powerful Tomas’s magic is.

If your magic is high enough - I think, but I don’t know exact numbers, and it’s been a while since I even touched this game- you can break his mind control a couple of choices into this initial conversation. I don’t know that you necessarily need a high magic stat to get a good ending, but I like high magic.

Also, make sure that you refuse the ring from Tomas at all costs, since I’m almost certain that taking it guarantees a ‘bad’ ending.

I’d make more general playthrough recommendations, but it has been a long while since I played this game; I’d rather not give you too much bad advice.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer~ ~
I saw a comment in this forum that he got 95% magic yet still can’t turn on the greyed options.
But i also saw a comment long time ago that he can finally kill the king and Thomas and rule Iberia will de vaga. But he didn’t say how hedo it. Anyway, i will keep trying, this game is so addicted

[quote=“OScott, post:111, topic:1600”]
Also, make sure that you refuse the ring from Tomas at all costs, since I’m almost certain that taking it guarantees a ‘bad’ ending.[/quote]

It doesn’t, but it doesn’t help either. If you have enough Magic, you can temporarily resist him.

Some options are always greyed out. Lifting your hand and stepping back is as much as you can do regardless of your power.

1 Like

Have you tried that?^ o ^

Anyone have a guide for this game?

Can you or somebody help me? I want to know how to beat Tomás and live with the Queen and my two sons. Is there any way of this happen? If it’s please tell me how

1 Like

There are three achievements on this game that I just can’t seem to get, no matter how I play. These are Death in the Family (I have tried so many times to get Magdalena to kill me, and she just won’t), For My Children, and If You Stab at the King, You Must Not Miss. If anyone knows how to get these achievements, advice would be greatly appreciated! :slight_smile:

You have to make sure you have the lowest possible subtlety stat, and then try to have a Life mage child by agreeing to kill Magdalena’s husband and stepdaughter. Arrange to have them over for tea. When you try to discreetly add the poison to the cups, your low subtlety stat will get you caught and Magdalena will turn on you. Hope this helps!

How come I don’t see this game available in google playstore? I’m pretty sure I played and bought all COG and HG. Can anyone let me know if this is an actual sequel of the game or part of the first game? Thank you!

They consolidated all three Choice of Romance games into a single game (Affairs of the Court) a while back, and this is part of it.