Choice of Rebels: Uprising — Lead the revolt against a bloodthirsty empire!

Whether you stop the Harrowing or not, it doesn’t matter. Neither Joana Orchard nor Breden Reaper gets harrowed.
Lol, Perhaps Breden has got the blessings of the Angels(read @Havenstone)
And there is no mention of Joana being harrowed, even when you don’t stop the Harrowing.

When you have full support of your band for a war with the Archon’s force, and if you suddenly change the plan to infiltration into the Rim.
Radmar accuses Breden of treachery. He lunges forward to kill her. But Elery comes in-between them. Both Radmar and Elery end up killing each other.

He is a real backstabby type. I have gone through such events.
I will get rid of this bulky, hot-headed dumbass in future☺, for now I am keeping him alive.

I think I know someone who can act Breden’s replacement.(though not in love affair :yum:)
If you are Skeptical, a middle-aged lady named Etthena joins your rebellion. She is also charismatic, but I have no idea who among them is better.

2 Likes

Joanna is not with me and all hinted is death in my play through at least Calea says all was mine was destroyed in a way indicate Helots too. I am a noble who didn’t stop the harrowing only me and dad escape from the Harrowing.

Hmm. You mention earlier Breden was not with you as well right?
So there is also no proof Breden is the traitor then…
The circumstances for my case was both Breden and Joanna were with me , and poison case happen…

If there was no breden and joanna, poison case won’t happen too because potential suspect not there

In the final chapter there js no heartwarming discussion with aunty joana if you escaped from Keriatou dungeon in chapter 1 so she’s likely dead…
Also if I recall correctly poisoning happened to me even though Joana wasn’t with me, but Breden was.

So I think either someone is trying to frame Breden (Radmar?) or they did try to poison band and maybe the reason they are so shaken, desperately trying to claim innocence and offering pretty doubtful excuses because they hadn’t expected mc and Radmar not to eat the food

I think I had one as helot where she was in the group and Breden wasn’t but it was in the beta testing then poison never happened .But maybe has changed since the beta. But No Breden no poison

I got it now …Lol
Assuming Joanna is traitor and Breden was not there , she won’t betray us because the aim is to frame Breden…
So if both Breden and joanna was there, poison happen because joanna want frame breden

Now the only thing i am waiting is if joanna not there but Breden was there, will the poison scene still happen? :slight_smile:

For criminals, this would work, but not for helots who lay down their lives to protect us from Xaos. Their people always get their bodies back. That’s an important part of the “deal,” and one of the things that even a horrorshow totatlitarian dictatorship would need to weigh carefully before discarding. Legitimacy questions never entirely go away; dictators fear bread riots. Helots who have learned to tolerate being treated as cattle might well not tolerate being treated as hamburger.

The Plektoi were designed with scariness, not efficiency, in mind, and Laguz is right that their design is both inefficient and unsustainable. The only way Plektoi “work” in terms of calorie-burning is continuous magic kludges, e.g. using blood to boost the nourishing telos of food. This will be just one of the many things regarding Plektoi and Plektasts about which the Abhumans are smugly disdainful.

Very true. But I won’t let myself off the hook that easily. Too many of the current NPCs are “satellite characters” (to borrow another label from Laguz) who seem to stop existing whenever the main character isn’t looking their way; their character is largely limited to their interactions with the MC and their opinions of the rebellion. I can do better next time. :slight_smile:

Nor does my friend. I take their criticism to be that my characterization of S/S leans a bit too heavily on that one trait, rather than fleshing S/S out in more directions. :slight_smile: And thanks for the excellent music.

The Codex doesn’t identify any other corrupt emanations. Animals have souls, but it’s recognized that they are simpler things than human souls, incapable of elevation to Elysia.

The downside of pretty much all heavens.

Good point! Yes, that turned into something else that punished 0 INT.

Authorial oversight. Thanks! Look for that in the next update. And as far as I know there’s no maximum save limit, though lots of people complain if they save too many that they can never find the one they want. (There’s also no deleting saves.) That’s a CoG-team issue, I’ve got nothing to do with it.

Yes and no. No, a week-to-week survival grind is not something I’ve got planned for future installments. But the other key feature of Ch 2 is the ability to do lots of different things, different ways, on different playthroughs… and the first Grand Shayard chapter in Game 2 should be quite like that.

Choose how much of your time you’re going to spend engaging with:
• The priesthood of the Angels, which has both its orthodox faction under the Archimandrite and its secret heretics.
• The drudges and day laborers who work the manufactories of the city, load/unload trade goods at the river and seafront, and engage in petty smuggling/crime to make ends meet.
• The traders’ guild or Syntechnia, whose Shayardene Guildmasters are growing increasingly unhappy with the restrictions imposed by Karagon.
• The foreigners in the Merchants’ Pale. These are mostly Abhuman, but include some of the independent trans-Halassurq nations of the eastern continent, which indirectly handle trade with Halassur during times of war.
• And/or of course the major noble factions: traditionalists, cosmopolitan malcontents, and supporters of the Hegemony (Laconniers, Leaguers, Loyalists). You can infiltrate either of the former factions.

Yes, he was born blind.

As long as you never need to cross a Ward again. In Game 3 you’ll meet a Nyrish sage who had his face forcibly changed as punishment by an Ennearch–a mutilation to keep him out of Aekos and all other provincial capitals.

The Xthonic religion is quite keen on new knowledge, as long as it’s held by the right people. According to the Ecclesiasts, the single most important thing to know is one’s place.

People in certain social roles are expected to know quite a lot more. Theurges, obviously, dig deeply into the way the world works, the better to Change it. They carry out reasonably unbiased inquiry, but are expected to discuss many of the results only with other Theurges…and in the handful of areas (aether-related) where naturalistic inquiry does threaten Xthonic doctrine, they’re expected to at least pay lip service to the established non-heretical interpretations of those facts.

Your new order, skeptical or Xthonic, can decide to encourage the capacity for inquiry more widely or keep it within more readily controllable social limits. Skepticism doesn’t necessarily break down the barriers that keep knowledge from catching on.

No, she just never joined your rebellion in that timeline (along with the rest of the Rim Square helots). Unless she crept away in disguise to join, being a Kryptast, and you just never noticed.

17 Likes

Ahaaaa… thanks @Havenstone buddy, so @poison_mara , @Cari-san , @Fate880 @Gforce… it seems there is a hint about Joanna :-):stuck_out_tongue:

Nope, Is Havie being Havie. If you asking him if a Strawberry can be a spy he will smile like a Guioconda.

4 Likes

I am so glad to be thinking this again just when I thought I mostly figured out who the traitor is…

Now I’m thinking if Joana is traitor and Kryptast did…she have anything to do with mc’s mother’s death? Poor child mc in mourning with jerkass father would turn to Joana for comfort and thus make them easy to use as a way to find out about the happenings in Rim Square without drawing attention to her🤔

Ohh and the plans for Grand Shayard sounds sounds most exciting! I and my noble mc sorely hope they can find time for them to find a beautiful dress :laughing:
It should be quite curious to see how CHA0 will infiltrate their way to one if the noble factions

3 Likes

Yeah… good thinking, murdering mc’s mother so that she could took over as the mother’s role and become an assassin who nobody would suspect :slight_smile:

Mc mother was a shit noble at best lol. with barely no anything except a shit husband. Helot is even more insignificant. I mean we are not in a power fantasy people. Hegemony doesn’t move around us This is not Harry Potter. So we only ended up as rebel leader by accident. No one expected we become more than a small noble to slaughter and justify another harrowing.

2 Likes

Oh i beg to differ, for a paranoia government, they want absolute control and obedient … for them,
shadow of a hook may be a snake…

Hence in order for absolute command, it was not impossible for them trying to instill a “safe button” or “circuit breaker” within every family, no matter their status…

Similar like most building had been enforced to install a MCB or ELCB for safety reason no matter that building is important or not…

It had been told Krypstas are nearer than we thought :slight_smile:

Yeah… Joanna definitely has the suspicion of a veteran Kryptas , a flesh and blood MCB within the family who will trigger the safety protocol of the government… :slight_smile:

Sure , All helots are spies and all nobles are mages in secret… This is a REALISTIC low fantasy political game about rebellion and how a revolution could evolving and change in power. If absolutely everyone is an assassin creed agent with super powers there were no chance of a rebellion. Why a spy would want kill a small noble wife or even less likely a simple helot with only a child and about to be harrowing for having only a baby…

When more logic is that she suicide because daddy. I mean with all that it could say a alien came and kill her. lol

1 Like

Oh… not everyone, perhaps 5% of the population are assassins, like i mention, it is about an attempt to absolutely prevent a successful rebelion… killing MC 's mother was an attempt to gain an absolute trust from the young generation , to teach the young geberation about the terror of even think of disobeying the government

But by accident, Breden appear and trigger a chain effect that make us hero. :slight_smile:

Welp, time to kill all the old ladies.

3 Likes

Yep, I can see it, volunteering to live for decades as an abused helot, suffering treatment little better than an animal, bearing helot children only to watch your children slaughtered, all so you can raise one insignificant noble child to adulthood and then entrap them. Yup, I can see the kryptasts lining up to take on such “important” assignments…

facepalm

There is no way in hell that Joana is a kryptast. At worst, they’re holding one of her children or grandchildren hostage to her cooperation, and I consider even that to be unlikely, although I suppose they could attempt to replace her with one of their own after a face change via theurgy. But they’d likely have serious difficulty passing for her among those that know her well like the MC.

9 Likes

Well… choice of Rebels is a dystopian fantasy world which anything is possible…
Had you watch Mad Max Fury Road? Another dystopian world where Immortan Joe had breed a population of Warboy whose only purpose were to help immortan joe to die in a glorious battle in order to elavate to valhana, and their life were as cruel as krypstas and as loyal… only one warboy realise such life is wrong and turn to help max and furiosa…
Similarly, the sole purpose of krypstas were to ensure absolute loyalty of their master’s citizen … and ironically one of them, Breden saw the wrong doing of such behaviour and turn to help MC …

Another example of Hegemony mismanagement. It will be interesting to discover exactly why, in spite of all their absolute power, all the can achieve is an increasingly unsustainable status quo. Also I’m now really hoping we’ll get the chance to build our own new and improved theurgic nightmare.

I thought it would be something like that. The technological supremacy of Karagond would make little sense otherwise.
I have to say that, while the secularist in me initially pushed me towards a skeptic route, the more I think about it (and pester you for information) the more the Xthonic religion seem like a very useful tool it would be foolish to throw away. I mean it’s not really in the way of any of the changes one might wish to make (except the more radical ones like abolishing the caste system entirely) at least not to the point where a bit of reformation wouldn’t do the trick. Reformation that, incidentally, you are in the position to initiate and execute if you are an elect. In the meantime you get to keep anarchy low, you get a very useful channel to consolidate your power and you get to not make a very dangerous enemy in the Ecclesiasty (not that they wouldn’t resist change, but surely to a lesser degree than if you said them “Thank you very much but your services are no longer required. Oh and since you are no longer a state religion I’m taking away those sweet sweet tax benefits”). On the other hand I’m struggling to see the upside of a skeptical approach. Sure you win supporters amongst other confessions. But other than that I cannot see a single instance where a skeptic character benefits over a devoted one, especially in terms of what changes you can make to society or how efficient those changes are (again, barring the most radical ones).

4 Likes