Choice of Rebels: Uprising — Lead the revolt against a bloodthirsty empire!

@Havenstone you’ve talked a lot about there being benefits for both radicals as well as moderates. Not being seen as a chauvinist, karagond bootlicker, sacrilegious cynic or diehard zealot are all huge positives, but what is your vision for MC’s who straddle the line of compassion and ruthlessness?

I’m new to the game and this forum page but is it possible (and if it is how) to romance Elery Skinner?

I think she is too young. Is she?

I thought she was our age or a little older because of her tactical mind and how she gets close with the Bandit leader who is older than all the main characters (not including ‘Father’ and Old Lady Joana)

Not in the first XOR, but she is currently planned as an RO in a future one

3 Likes

How old Is Elery Skinner?

I don’t know if Elery’s age has ever been explicitly stated, her exact age is probably unknown since she was born a helot. I’ve always assumed she was around the same age as the MC,

A couple of years younger than you.

At present, my thought is that there will be influential individuals who are deeply unimpressed with one or the other. An MC who’s in the middle will be able to bring a wider coalition of allies together than someone who aims for one or the other extreme.

2 Likes

Having now read the massive spoilerific section about theurgy, I’ve decided I’m just as excited to meet Erjan as Cerlota. Just… wow. Hearing their perspective on the world sounds like it’ll be among the coolest experiences in game 2. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I didn’t see many people discussing it but how exactly do we get more priests to support our cause?

Being a believer in the Angels (i.e. more Devout than Skeptical). This can be done in the Religious Prologue quite easily - it adds a lot to your Devout stats off the bat. From there on, choosing options that reaffirm your belief in the Angels and the Codex, as well as options that refrain your band from raiding religious institutions all improve your standing with the Diakons and the rest of the faith. You can also donate money to their cause, which, if you’re in good standing, they’ll happily accept. Eventually, you might even find a few Diakons visitors once the winter is over.

I think my use of Theurgy is inhibiting this, is this the case?.

Pretty much. If you’re a public Theurge it’s going to be difficult to convince the Priesthood to accept you as a member of the faith, though there are a few dialogue options that argue Theurgy should be available to all and isn’t against Codex. You can still be Devout and a Theurge, it’s just going to be slightly harder.

On a related note, can Horion and Linos be saved?

1 Like

Quite easily, just don’t let them go off on their merry way.

1 Like

I see. Holding them for ransom seems like it would ruin my relationship with them (Going for the “Heretical Angle Worshippers” path). Any way to convince them to join me? Or to ensure their safe travel to Wiendrj? Is it a Charisma thing, because I’m trash at that.

1 Like

You can’t really ensure their safe passage to Wiendrj. And holding them hostage will have a negative impact on your relationship with other factors (I don’t recall which though).

Though you don’t actually have to ransom them, just keep them at your camp.

As for convincing them to join you, depending on your actions while keeping them hostage, they can be partial to your cause or alienated entirely.

I remember there was also a theory that if you first let them go that they weren’t actually killed, but that Horion and Linos just started a rumor they’d been killed to throw off their enemies since everyone’s attentions would be directed to the wicked band of rebels in the woods who, as the rumors claim, dared to kill Leilatou, making it easier for Horion and Linos to get to safety.
Also possibly test mc and see if they could survive :thinking:

2 Likes

Do I hold them forcefully and THEN get them to join up or do you mean the first meeting. If the latter, I’m not sure what I did wrong there.

I certainly hope that’s the case.