Choice of Rebels-Uprising Help/Hints

You keep Breden mostly to have her handy for future games in the series. If you only care about this game, you can go ahead and dump her.

I usually go with 1COM on my 2CHA builds (it’s better in those sequences where you have to fight), but it doesn’t really matter what you choose.

If someone refuses to learn Theurge (there was an option like that in the game) would 2 INT be viable at all? I don’t remember it gave that many benefits aside from the Theurge.
And about being handy, they seem more of a risk to be honest (with the whole traitor suspicion around them). Though I guess you’d want to keep them if you romanced/married them or if you’re curious whether they’re the traitor or not.

2INT is pretty useless except for being a Theurge. Though 2INT/1COM builds can extort Alaine, which is an excellent decision to make in playthroughs where you stop the Harrowing.

How useful is extorting her? I remember I always failed cause I had 2 INT 1 CHA and I just stopped raiding merchants to raise their relationship after it.

Extorting Alaine (raid Owlscap as early and often as possible) is really useful because it lets you slack off on bringing in food during the last few weeks of Winter, you can get by with Alaine’s tribute + buying the difference. This virtually guarantees your safety from the second Theurge attack, and it also allows you to maximize your recruitment. Because recruitment is exponential, that’s quite strong.

Extorting Alaine requires that the sum of your COM and INT be 3, so you need either a 2COM/1INT or a 2INT/1COM build.

1 Like

Is 2INT/1COM more useful than 1 CHA then? I remembr 1 CHA was quite useful though, you needed it to convince the helots to give a fair trial after they stop the harrowing (you can pick more blood phials this way) and in some other places where you could use 1 Cha+Breden to replace 2 Cha. I think it was necessary for becoming Eclect too (not sure on this part though) and becoming Eclect gave you a a lot of new followers.

On a build where I stop the Harrowing, I would use 2INT/1COM, because I like extorting Alaine.

On a build where I let the Harrowing happen, I would use 2INT/1CHA, because extorting Alaine is difficult and pointless in a game where it’s super easy to feed your band. These are the games where I throw out Breden as well, tbh.

But it’s mostly up to your personal preference what you choose.

What do you get from letting the Harrowing happen? I don’t think I ever tried that
How would your rebellion even start without stopping the Harrowing? You’d be seen as cowardly and nobody would follow you

I don’t want to spoil it for you (though my guide does spoil it), but it’s honestly a lot easier to play through the Winter if you do so, because you have a much smaller band to feed.

You’ll have a much smaller fighting force if you let the Harrowing happen, but you’ll have expensive gifts that compensate for that.

Eh, not quite since you’re not leveling the playing field or given to each according to their needs, you’d still be giving the least to the helots and by far the most to the aristo’s who don’t need it.

Well, that is true. I think that’s a tradeoff Havenstone wants us to make later: do you want a large rebellion with high-skill lieutenants that may betray you, or do you want a small rebellion with poor leaders, but one where people are loyal to you?

I want to become the Emperor of Shayard, I don’t care who is going to be my lieutenant.

Well, you need lieutenants to help you become Emperor lol.

Anyways, I just got the second hidden achievement (find out who your rescuer was). I have no idea how to get the third one, or how I even got the first one.

I really want to save Breden, but i cant figure out how.

Easiest for me is to kill Radmar.

it can be done because I did it in my playthrough, couldn’t tell you how to go about it though. Maybe the specifics you are seeking are in the Xor thread.

@No_This_Is_Patrick And how does one do that?

Note: i also would love it if breden to be my love interest as well, and when I say survive, I mean be a choice to take with me into the Xaos lands

1 Like

You can have that choice :slight_smile:

in one of my saved game, Breden married with me … survive until the final scene and accompany me to the Xaos land…it was a cosy scene Breden appeared to be shaken about traveling to Xaos land, but she braved herself and stand next to me … how can we left our wife behind ? :wink:

to save Breden, for my playthrough , CHA needs to be 2 and earn respects from the rebels throughout the game, and i manage to choose the option of ordering other rebels to restraint Radmar from hurting Breden, then after the final battle ,investigate the poisoning incident… chose to believe all 3 suspects (including Breden) and pardon them , most of my rebels agree with my judgement because they love both me and Breden :wink: i am also the Angel Eclect so it was easier for them to trust my judgement :stuck_out_tongue:

I see my folly, I chose not to mess with religion