Choice of Rebels Part 1 WIP thread

I can’t bankarupcy If I have no money in first place. I just beg for money smuggling dye and hunt rabbits and game and sell pelters. So no way I bankarrupcy

The idea that Hegemony could possibly have even conceptualized bankruptcy in a society that sees humans as walking, talking rare earth deposits is frankly pretty hilarious…

4 Likes

The amount may change in the final build, but you need 400 Drachem (this may not be the exact amount, but I didn’t do a code crawl).

What you can do is when you are at the final week, sell one mule to get it.

Someone believed to have ‘moral bankruptcy’ also seems like good Harrower bait.

2 Likes

It is. At least for me.

:grinning: I love that reference - :wink:

2 Likes

I can’t sell mules in role-playing way. I could if there were a choice sell mules that are about to die. But that doesn’t exist. Mara doesn’t sell one of her 9 mules if she doesn’t know what are about to die. Remember I play in a far lower scale that all rest of you 400 is the double I couls make in game.

They probably have debtor’s prisons for indebted aristo’s.

The super debt Aristos I suppose would lost their condition of nobles and end like Yeoman. No way The system let Nobles go to jail for money. They are not commoners after all Law is totally different

3 Likes

Oh, yeah, one thing… Are mules maybe a bit too valuable? I always feel a bit bad when I sell 20ish of my 40 mules at the end of the winter (forgetting to sell your spare mules is an awful feeling, and it would be nice if there was a way to sell them later after the winter is over), and end up being richer than any simple bandit hiding in the woods has any right to be.

The issue that you can not sell the mules righteously confiscated from the tax caravan is made pretty moot when you consider that you can just sell all of your other mules instead. Or will having a large supply of mules stored away matter in the second game instead? :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t sell my mules if you feel is op Just don’t sell them. Mules in ancient times were terrible expensive due need for transport and working in farms etc. Is like a modern tractor.

I really miss a option to sell the ones are about to die . For now I don’t sell them

No, if I feel something is OP I will absolutely do it (unless I feel like it ruins the game/goes against my character’s motivations/is probably a bug or glitch/and so on and so on). That is what makes rational and logical sense for my character. He wouldn’t go “Ah, yikes, this rebellion sure is gonna be too easy if I do smart choices. Better build a zoo, to keep the challenge up.” :stuck_out_tongue: But yeah, if it is realistic and everything then that is great, but maybe a small adjustment to make it less profitable to sell the mules would be good. It isn’t as if our negotiating position is amazing in any way, so it makes sense that we get ripped off.

And I doubt people would buy dying mules, at least for any significant amount of money. I guess you could eat a dying mule, that would be nice.

1 Like

Yeah dying mules are edible my grandmother told me it was a great meal. I would love sell them for half of a normal one. Mules are key for supply chain and more in a revolution in making.

Well presumably merchants and the upper reaches of the yeoman class could go bankrupt, helots are born bankrupt (or more precisely the only capital they represent is themselves and since they’re all owned by somebody else they’ve got none) and nobles who go bankrupt are either bailed out by the state or relatives or no longer spoken about.
Again, all reasons why my mc wants to smash to caste system to bits.

See above, the due to the vagaries of the caste system Mara is right here, bankrupt nobles are again either bailed out or informally descent into yeoman status.

I assume the band just eats them themselves, we do have to feed our followers, of course you’re in the rare circumstance where you’ve got more food then followers already, so I guess that’s little consolation to you.

1 Like

The price of a mule is coming down, yes; your fences will be ripping you off more. I’ll probably also be tweaking quantities to make it harder to end the winter with 40 of them.

2 Likes

I have 9 mules lol don’t be to hard or I will end with -35.

1 Like

@Havenstone I haven’t had a chance to play the latest revision yet, so perhaps you’ve already made it easier, but any tweaks to the mule economy that decrease their trade value should keep in mind the potentially dire effects that might have on the early game where both mules and food are scarce and you’re forced to sell a mule or two to feed your comrades when you only have two or three mules to begin with.

1 Like

I bumped the returns to begging and hunting, perhaps excessively; in my current playthroughs it’s been easier to succeed on nonviolent than violent, which was not the intended balance.

1 Like

@Havenstone When kidnapping Horion and Linos, you get a bit of “violence”. However, when it is your moot that decides to ransom them and you decide not to override the moot’s decision, you still get some violence (even though you technically only carried out the will of the moot). This can be circumvented if you become named Eclect or let the guy bless your rebels, but if you decide to go with Kenon there does not seem to be any way to avoid this beyond a) Not letting the moot decide from the start, or b) Overriding the moot’s will.

This can be compared to the other moot opportunity, with Fedrel. When your moot decides to execute him, you do not get any violence for that.

So my question/suggestion/request boils down to whether it would it be possible to have it not reflect violently upon our character if our moot decides to hold these gentlemen for ransom? Maybe we can support Simon’s faction during the moot meeting and convince people to merely invite them as guests?

1 Like

:+1:

(20 characters)

Oh, and a minor “typo”:

“seven mules, all your mules,”

1 Like