Choice of Rebels Part 1 WIP thread

Thank you, but I’ve decided to discontinue my support of this game and of its author, and I will no longer be providing help, advice, callouts etc. on this site as a whole.

I have decided to pull back from the forums and re-evaluate what I consider “safe” and “helpful to my current mental state”. I have realised that CoG as a whole, more recently than before, has become harmful to my person and I must take that into account as my physical condition degrades, but I do not wish to be rid of the site completely.

My comments on this forum are currently sporadic and my usual jokes and references may no longer happen. I will not offer advice nor help with anything via public forum or via PM. I will also try and refrain from impulsive posting on topics and threads.

I will throughout the week delete my recent unnecessary posts from this thread.

Thank you for your continued consideration and support.

I apologize if this has been asked before, but are there any plans to include nonbinary player characters in the finished game? I love the story and the writing a lot, but I’m always really looking to support games that represent people like me. :slight_smile:

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

To my understanding, the linked post (it worked!) is talking about a nonbinary character who will be introduced later (yay!) but what I was wondering is if we will ever be able to make our character, the rebel leader, nonbinary.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Yes, you will be. Around the time that you meet the nb character you will be given the option of whether or not you identify as well with being nb, and also binary trans.

1 Like

Thank you thank you thank you I’m so excited!!! I already loved this game, and now I love it even more!

Cool. Since I’m not a part of the creative process anymore (hence why I don’t have a source for what I said: I deleted it), you two should be Havenstone’s nb reference when Book 2 begins. I’m sure he’ll appreciate the support or whatever.

3 Likes

I certainly would love to be! And for what it’s worth, I super appreciate any part you had in this, it’s really good to be able to look forward to playing as a character like me.

1 Like

I don’t. Don’t credit me.

Non-binary people in this world may work slightly different than in rl. I know the one you meet uses “o/onun” pronouns, from real-life Turkish.

Whether or not pronouns or identifications of gender considered standard or common by this modern age are available to you as the main character, I don’t know. Have fun, fellow nbs.

5 Likes

Right, I’ve started a FB page in anticipation of publication. Anyone who wants is welcome to come Like it…

Edit: Now with a new, tidier URL:

18 Likes

Awww…I don’t do Facebook, I’ll like it here instead. :grin:

9 Likes

This is an amazing game.

I cannot wait for the next updates.

1 Like

Hey, do you guys think we’ll be able to woo some young, low ranking military officers to our side? There are a few historical examples of those people joining the side of change (the tenentes of the old Brazilian Republic), so I think the more reformed oriented characters should get that choice later in the line.

What does everyone think?

Ah, I knew making a Facebook would have its pros!

1 Like

Only as a “noble”, can’t really see those people willingly taking orders from helots, unless we suborn ourselves to the Laconnier pretender or sell people on the “lost nobility” ruse, which again aren’t things my mc would willingly do (not even if “lost nobility” turns out to be technically true).
Of course no telling what whomever we left in charge will do while we’re away of course.

We already can! If you have really high Cosmopolitan Stat you can get a couple of former Phalangites to show up before the summer battle.

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree that it’s limited to the type of MC you’re playing, and considering your MC has no love for the Karagond Order, I think he might as well expel them from the band, if any distinguished ones pop up. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ah, right, how could I forget about Korszata! I’ve played so little XoR recently, I guess it slipped my mind.

True, but Korszata seems to be more of a rank and file soldier, not a (high-ranking), aristocratic officer.

You mean if they try to take over the band or try to “put him in his proper place”, most certainly. Also any “distinguished” Hegemony officer is by necessity a mass-murderer of helots and other oppressed folks, or they wouldn’t be “distinguished”.

Anyone got a guide to get your people food as soon as possible and start doing other stuff, bc I completely botched the revolution. Breden is dead and my very small number of outlaws are trying to escape the Hegemony guys in the wilderness. Please help. (Also, who’s the traitor? Is it Breden?)