Choice of Rebels Part 1 WIP thread

@MaraJade - I’m not sure I’d compare law to writing though…

Put it this way, given what I saw so far I’d have paid say £1 or so (the going rate for a CoG effort) for the incomplete effort. If it was going to be expanded on to say ‘novel’ side, and the quality was going to be maintained throughout, I would certainly be looking to put out £5 for it -that is to me, a compliment to your writing Havenstone, I actually felt it was that good and interesting but still in the early stages so far.

But I have to turn my nose up at IAP’s, I don’t want sectioned products. It pisses me off when it happens in video games, it’s double the pain when it’s effectively a book (or a text-only affair), yes there’s a debate available there about whether this is a book or a game or whatever but I don’t consider the medium acceptable for an IAP so I won’t support IAPs.

The thing is, I went into this blind, I wasn’t expecting it to pop up, the fact it has only really put me off the product, the question to be asked is, whether my reaction is going to be the a-typical reaction or would a first-time reader or non-regular on here pick it take the opposite view to the one I present. -shrug-

@Havenstone - Didn’t mean to say ‘each choice is inconsequential’ but rather, say, I’d like to keep 90% of the choices identical but the very last one different! Cos y’know, I want to try beef with gravy instead of on its own even if it might only be a flavour blurb. The problem is, because it’s lengthy (and that’s fine) it usually means excessively clicking to get to the point where I can pick the choice, partially as I don’t need to re-read or, completely forgetting how I got to that point in the first place.

Save-at-anytime system *really* helps out, or at least the implementation of a ‘back’ button. But alas, I know it’s not a CoG Feature per se…

Still, regardless of my disagreement with the IAP’s, I do hope you take my feedback as mostly positive, the story is very interesting, your concepts are good and I have no doubt what you put out will probably be one of the best efforts around here, its just the IAP prevents me from championing the cause I suppose.