Choice of Games Customer Survey

It is possible its just a mere confusion then, most of us perhaps missed the part of subscribing to those posts so we thought it was mailing.

2 Likes

The discourse notifications about posts are not cog official mail. it is automatically put by Discord. I, for instance, have it mute.

I did the same, but Google Forms (on mobile, at least) started acting glitchy after the first few paragraphs so I had to keep it brief, :sweat_smile:

Did you mean Discourse, Mara? Because the (unofficial and fan-run) CoG discord server doesn’t have this linked anywhere. I would just like the clarify that before it confuses anyone.

In case anyone is still confused...

Discourse is the software CoG uses to run the officiall CoG forums that we’re on right now. Discord is a separate instant messaging application that CoG is not currently affiliated with in any professional capacity.

Anyway, if you did mean Discouse, then you are correct Mara. Discourse notifications are not CoG’s official newsletter.

@abbytrevor would there be any way for people to change their answer after the fact? Or is this just an error that will need to be taken into account when interpreting the data?

2 Likes

Discourse yes sorry too many stuff with similar names

1 Like

I’m actually not 100% sure - I’m far from an expert with Google Forms. If anyone knows if it’s possible to edit an answer after submitting it, feel free to chime in!

1 Like

I tried and I couldn’t. But I am not an expert

1 Like

You can set it up so that’s the case, but I think only for forms that keep track of the user’s email. I don’t think it’s possible for anonymous forms

3 Likes

Editing a survey is something that can be implemented in the settings, though I’m not certain if it can be activated after the fact, or—as Pigeon just said—if can be implemented correctly in an anonymous survey. Although, judging by the screenshots below, it looks possible? The ability to implement editing after submitting doesn’t seem contingent on the email collecting:

2 Likes

I don’t know if it will work for answers that were submitted beforehand, and I’m also surprised that it seems to be an option for anonymous forms, but I now have that box checked.

3 Likes

Well, on the upside, while there may be a small margin of error when it comes to that response in particular, it shouldn’t be too significant of a difference to cause any issues so long as the number of those responses is kept track of until the night before the newsletter is sent. Then it’s just a matter of correcting the data a little.

2 Likes

Yeah, I made the mistake too. I only receive notifications from staff members it seems, thus the confusion. Sorry!

1 Like