Choice of Games and Hosted Games Recommendations -- Consolidated Thread

Also looking for military(can be scifi), that you command a squad. Can anyone recommend/suggest any choice of games… Games😊.

Spend a lot of days looking for this theme/style, can’t find anything on the net.

One of my own games, Highway Wars, has you commanding a “Mad Max” type army of various types of vehicles at the end (with all the battles solved through a battle simulation that takes into account different tactics and the composition of your army and that of the enemy). Well, at least one of the paths do, some other paths through the game are different, but that is in there…

May I ask what are these others paths? I like post-apocalyptic themes, but I don’t really like the management / tactics aspects that often comes with it. I have heard of your game before and found the premises interesting, but I thought it was ONLY tactics oriented and I didn’t pick it up for that very reason. Now I’m interested again.

Well… I guess each part of the game is different. It all starts as a Mad Max style road trip, just you on one vehicle with other crew members, trying to go and rescue somebody. Up to around half the game there are no tactics, and is almost purely story-driven (well, some road fights, but all are one-on-one car fights… if you don’t like that side just play on the easier difficulty settings and you will breeze through everything). Then there is a point in which the game branches out completely, leading to three very different paths. One is you building and leading an army (though there is little management, mostly politics and tactics). The others lead to an old military base, encountering an AI, terraforming the Earth back to its original state, or blasting off to go and colonize Mars. This side is almost completely story driven (although again there is a chance to branch back into a limited version of the army sequence, leading in this case an army of robots ). To summarize: mostly story-driven, but with some army tactics and politics at the end in one of the branches…

1 Like

Ah, I see! Well, thank you very much - definitely reignited my interest! I must have talked with a person who only played that first path then, hence me being misinformed! I’ll be sure to add it to my whishlist for when I can purchase it!

1 Like

Fog of War: The Battle for Cerberus — Take command of a platoon of Astral Troopers!, and “War of 2022”

Hello! Can anyone advise an interesting and complete story with moral choices on https://dashingdon.com/. I tried to filter, but I didn’t come across anything worthwhile. Maybe you know?

Okay, another ask for suggestions from me!
Any games where MC is (or can be, if there’s species choice) an angel? Or, at least some sort of celestial being akin to an angel.
I already know of “SoS: The Mortal Coil” and “Morning Star: Heaven’s Number One”.

I honestly don’t know if there are more but oh well… Thanks anyway!

1 Like

You can play as a nephilim in the Keeper of the Sun and Moon series

1 Like

True, but it’s not the same… And besides, I already have a MC created in that - hence me forgetting about the possibility haha!
But thanks for reminding me!

1 Like

Romance focused games? I mean games in which romance is the main driving force of the plot, like Wayhaven for example. What games can you recommend? (WIP can be advised). Only games in which you can play as a woman and be with other women.

3 Likes

A Kiss from Death that just came out today would fit the bill. Already played though multiple times and will play through multiple more. Very good game, highly recommend!

Looking for two types of games this time - or rather, for two RO related story elements to be present. I don’t need both to be in the same game eh! These are merely two request in one post.

The first one would be a game with a RO that would be pregnant or parent to a young kid from a previous relationship.
I know of “Calling of Metem’s Hollow”, “The Bureau”, “Fields of Asphodel” and “Retribution - From the Ashes”.

The second type of games I’m looking for is ones where the MC is a mortal (human or not), and one of the ROs is a being that’s either immortal or has a life expectancy that’s way longer than the MC… BUT! I’d like stories where, at least if doing that romance, the MC could “shed” their mortality - undergo some sort of transformation, ritual or whatever to make them live just as long as said RO.
For that one, I don’t have any example in mind, really.
Maybe “Choice of Robots” qualifies for some people, but meh… It doesn’t have the same feel, and I’m not a huge fan of that game anyway.

I know these are weirdly specific! But thank you for your time!

3 Likes

I am looking for any non fantasy or sci-fi games.

Looking for a game where, essentially, no important character dies or there aren’t exactly major consequences. Just something to read through without worrying about every other choice and just relax. Doesn’t have to be a necessarily action free story or a light, jolly, feel good one. Just one without all the stuff mentioned.

3 Likes

The Wayhaven Chronicles doesn’t have any major character death or any major consequences (that we know of yet) for most actions.

Jolly Good: Cakes and Ale also doesn’t have any character death. I will say that there are some major consequences for your decisions, all outcomes are fun and interesting, even the ones where you fail stat checks. Tally Ho! is pretty much the same in that way, so if Jolly Good is something you’re interested in, I’d recommend Tally Ho as well.

Thanks for the recommendations…tho I’ve already played those :zipper_mouth_face:
Got anything else?

Is there any stories that have explicit scene? I read A kiss in the death (or something like that) and heart of the house and the steamy scene is so good. Any suggestions?

1 Like

The WIP “In Stasis And In Space” has explicit content, but it’s MxM only, so you may or may not be interested.

“Supernatural in New York” has explicit scenes, but it’s being ported to Twine and thus will be continued on itch instead, and these scenes will be partly rewritten so you may want to wait. The author’s other WIP, “The Bastard of Camelot” will also have explicit content in due time, but it will be long before it comes before we follow the life of the MC and they are a child atm.

“Relics of the Lost Age” and it’s sequel (finished but not published yet) has explicit scenes, but it’s very very short and light, and I don’t know just how detailed you wish the scenes to be.

That aside, I know some project that will have explicit content, but that don’t even have a demo yet, so yeah, not ideal right now.

3 Likes

Heart’s Choice games have varying levels of spiciness. Have you also checked the Adult Readers subforum?