Choice of Broadsides 2?

hello
ive been thinking and ive been wanting to ask CoG if they could see if they could make a 2nd choice of broadsides

There was a page on the site- Iā€™m not sure where to find it- that was titled ā€œVote for the Next Choice of Gameā€ or something of that nature, and a Choice of Broadsides sequel was listed as a potential game, but Iā€™m not sure if that page is actually ā€œactiveā€ (for lack of a better term) and Iā€™m not sure if anything on that page is actually taken into consideration.

2 Likes

There have also been plenty of threads asking this same thing all going back a fair ways. Suffice to say, I doubt there will be a sequel.

3 Likes

https://www.choiceofgames.com/2010/03/vote-for-our-next-game/ itā€™s three years old that blog post.

2 Likes

I saw something somewhere deep in the off-topic section probably where someone wanted to have a game similar to CoB but it went through many generations. I could see if I can dig it up.
EDIT: Haha, silly me it was in Choice of Broadsides. http://www.choiceofgames.com/forum/discussion/458/choice-of-broadsides-2

1 Like

Sighhh, I wish that there would be another Choice of Broadsides, if only for the fact that a part of me is still swooning over Villeneuve. Sadly, it appears as though that possibility is becoming dimmer by the day.

2 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

That is really really sad to hear since I was quite the skeptic when it came to this type of game/read but after reading this story I must say that I have become an instant fan. Now Iā€™m trying to create a story and learn how to use this code. Oh how the tables have turned. Really wish they made a sequel or an expansion of some type.

2 Likes

@Wakabam45

Welcome to the forums. It is a pity. Still thereā€™s a lot of other games for you to play.

I would love to see this.

7 Likes

i thought this topic was closed? or was it a different one that i was watching?

Clearly this topic is not closed. But please do not bump it for the sake of it and keep discussion on it to the topic in hand.

Understood. I am intrested in a sequal being made, id like to see what else the MC can do as an admiral.

1 Like

I am sure if it was Cataphrak making it, the game would be amazing. It would be interesting to see how it would be done in his style.

2 Likes

Perhaps a sequel might have involved a fleet action analogous to the battle of Trafalgar? That would make for interesting choices. No need for troublesome issue of carrying over romances from previous game, Hornblower and Sharpe had a new girl every book.

2 Likes