Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

My bearer acts like she’s totally fine…until she’s not. She likes to be miss put together martyr, who forgives Athena and Hades, says she’s willing to try with Zeus, legitimately does love this new world of Olympus and new fam, and then the building stress breaks her, leading to really bad panic attacks. She’s a stepford smiled essentially.

4 Likes

Hannibal don’t really have any trauma, but he does have several negative personality traits thanks to the event in his life, those are :

1. Abandonment issues : Started by the absence of his biological parents, worsened by the disappearance of uncle Henry and aunt Alice. Further worsened when he met Saint and learn that Saint actually spent some time with Priscilla and has a memento to remember her by, while he himself has none of those, but thankfully lessened when he learn the circumstances behind uncle Henry and aunt Alice’s disappearance.

2. Superiority complex (former) : Started when he learn that he’s a demigod, the revelation swells his heart with joy and pride. This drives him to pursue the art of magic, which no one in his school is capable of, as far as he knows.

3. Inferiority complex (current) : Acquired when he failed to protect Aelin. This one is the deepest running problem, thanks to his superiority complex, the powerlessness he felt at the time completely shatters every self-esteem he has and left a gaping void where it used to be. Not even learning that he’s the bearer soothed this problem, his reaction to being told that he’s the bearer is basically ‘I can’t even save one soul…now they want me to save the world?! It’s impossible, there’s no way someone like me would be able to do it…’.

4. Sadistic personality disorder : To his greatest horror, he found out that he enjoys seeing life slowly fading from Saxon’s eyes, he hates how happy it made him, he abhors the pleasure he felt by inflicting pain to others and watching them suffer, he knows with full conviction that this is sick, wrong, repulsive…monstrous even, yet…he also knows that the happiness and pleasure he felt is no illusion, and he hate that fact.

5. Paranoia : Being hunted on a monthly basis has made him extremely wary of everything, the lack of information regarding the seeker only made it worse. He doesn’t know who could be trusted, because he doesn’t know who his enemy’s allies are, because of that he steers away from any kind of interaction during his life on the run. The strain of constant vigilance is tremendous, he’s now jumpy and stressed out all the time. Ironically, the calmest he felt is when he confronts the very seeker that hunts him, it brings serenity to him when he watch them bloodied and broken. His paranoia still carries on even after he set foot on Olympus, after all, who said that this isn’t some elaborate trap to make him lower his guard and then kill him? The Gods, and why would he trust the Gods when the seekers are their lap dog?

8 Likes

Back from semi-hiatus! Officially on a few days off work so I have time now to catch up on stuff here

All the time? I have a few wips for this actually but am in the process of editing so :))

I’ve imagined that Leigh, my MC, is suffering from some variant of avoidant disorder, dependent disorder, dissociation (probably depersonalization) and depression.

Because of that, they might be willing do some of the bidding until they get what they want and that is for the gods for leave them alone.

Honestly, I never realised how “I’m not okay” my bearers are until I made Pinterest boards for them :sweat_smile: Every other picture is either really depressing or kind of sad. I’m just enjoying all the dark possibilities in the game that are not usually given to a chosen one^TM character. If they manage to get through their darkness then a successful ending will be even greater.

I try to avoid it because it’s very deeply depressing :cry::sob: Can somebody give the Bearer please a blanket? And a hug? And hot chocolat? And something to ease their deep running abandonment, trust, guilt and survivor issues??? Because I don’t feel like the trials will be helpful when it comes to those!

6 Likes

I think my bearer are those smiley looking ones but deep inside she is quite lonely. Or I am just really bad at making realistic MCs.

At least you get to smack things and vent your anger out.

1 Like

Why is Aeson’s being a Hades’ son stated the first time his name comes up, and then it goes on saying who knows who Hades’ children are, and Aeson’s father reveal being a surprise.

1 Like

Because much of the demo is being reworked right now probably (I say without having played the latest short update yet, because work hates me and it makes sense as reason), but good that you mention it.

3 Likes

So what has been going on with this wip? Mia from this post for almost a year now.

1 Like

Well since you’ve been gone for a year, there was a little update. But right now, it’s currently being reworked with new scenes being added while some old ones are being removed as it has been mentioned multiple times before.

2 Likes

Tried my hand at some rough coloring and did a few more sketches of Damon and Evander (Evander is the one with the scar on his face and the longer hair while Damon’s the guy with the short hair and big head).

4 Likes

Nice! Now I have a itch to draw Aegon and Loki. Lol

1 Like

I say go for it! It’d be interesting to see them in action. :grinning:

I myself have started to grow more curious about moodboards after seeing them everywhere; no idea how to make them though. :thinking:

I should have it up on here later tonight then. :slight_smile:

There should be an app on Google or Apple that lets you make a mood board. Try typing in mood board in the search

1 Like

For real? Now I feel like a chump for doing it the old fashioned way on Krita.

Yeah that’s how I did mine eariler that I posted on this thread. All I did was to look it up on Google play store and there was a bunch of them

I used Picsart for moodboards. =D

There’s also Pixlr Express. Not sure about the quality compared to others, but I know it’s easy to use.