Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Hi! As previously stated, the version currently up for reading will not be the final one. The entire game will have a major overhaul, and if I’m not mistaken, this current demo was only revamped until part of Chapter 3.

Don’t worry about the lack of Olympus scenes you see. There’s way more to come in the Essenverse - and what you read now isn’t even a complete Part 1 of this anticipated? trilogy.

About your Bearer’s parentage, it was also mentioned in past posts that Hades will not be a paternal option in the new version. I think it’s safe to say @Rohie’s vision for COTG doesn’t include that alternative anymore.

You’re not alone in seeking a Hades’ kid Bearer, that’s for sure. Rohie’s already been asked to reinstate him as a possible father by some of her other tumblr fans and forum ones.

But let me be quick to show my full support for our beloved author here. Personally, if not having a Hades kid for a Bearer makes for a better COTG, then I’m all for it.

7 Likes
Incomprehension/spoiler/screenshots

Why did he say that if we were the child of someone else?

they are quite contradictory.

It is contradictory.

Finally choices that cannot be made:

I am sorry if I am repeating something already mentioned but better to be prudent than sorrow. And I do not have the heart to read… 11k posts… too much for me… might take me 2 whole days :cold_sweat:.
I know it will not be the final version but I think it is good to make some suggestion which the author may have not think of. By the way, when I mean “bigger interaction with gods and their world”, I was actually describing the atmosphere of the game and comparing it with others with gods in it. Sorry, I am not good with formulating phrases and I may forget some words sometime :sweat:.

It was just that I was aiming for Hades in my first play and I encounter some problem that was not written in the faq so wanted to report it. I just wanted to see what kind of discussion MC and Hades will have. ‘-’ Hades being one of my favourite god.

Well, at least the author will be aware of what kind of problem await her in her game.

Thank you @violet for the information by the way. :slight_smile:

I wonder if she will ever considering doing some scene off game, like some extra to show us some moment we will not see in the game. Other authors have already done it, well, it was kind of sweet. It can also help to better understand the personages personalities and better imagine their interaction. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The problems you took screenshots of are basically caused by version conflicts - a lot of the stuff that was introduced later in the game (e.g. the Bearer’s, Saint’s, and Aeson’s parentage) are in the new version stated upfront.

As far as I know the route Rohie is working on is for a Zeus Bearer. She’s still deciding whether to incorporate Poseidon again.

You’re welcome by the way! I totally understand how you feel - 11k posts is a lot. Fun fact: I’ve read every post on this topic, but maybe because I found COTG when it was at a manageable amount of replies lol.

I suggest going onto COTG’s tumblr to read special scenes and interesting details!

childrenofthegods.tumblr.com

It definitely has given me insight into the future of COTG and what comprises each of the characters.

(The romantic scenes mixed in there are decidedly my jam :purple_heart:)

You don’t need a tumblr acct to read the blog, so it’s totally open for you to pore over. Have fun! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Meeting Saint’s RO should be interesting!

5 Likes

Oh, my MC’s name is Nyx too. Let’s form a Nyx duo!

PS. The night goddess Nyx had 50 children with her brother.
But still
She is the goddess of the night. Gotta love edgy names y’know.

@lokidemon007 You dont. Just punch her in the face.

9 Likes

Slap-Slap-Kiss-Kiss

2 Likes

So it’s one of those kind of relationships

Kind of.
I just want to punch her tho.
Give her a concussion or something that will permamently damage her :grin:

5 Likes

I mean when your first interaction is asphyxiation it’s kind of a given :blush:

2 Likes

None of my Bearers have been choked by her. How does that happen?

How does the first greeting with her go now?

1 Like

You meet her after Zeus presents you to the citizens of Olympus, and Hermes swoops in and starts acting like an overbearing dad to distract her so she won’t figure out who you are.

1 Like

So she doesn’t scream, call you a monster and choke you out in front of Olympus anymore…

as far as i know, maybe she might

we’ll have to wait and see if it makes it into the update

I like way you think. :slight_smile:

Played through the demo a couple of weeks ago. Sage still tries to murder you; it just happens a bit later than normal.

2 Likes

Not in front of ALL of Olympus, at least. I really like seeing her treat us as anybody else for the first interaction though. It shows her as someone other than a rage filled girl desperate to annihilate you.

4 Likes

Bug/Error

When choosing who follows you in the scouting mission for the first trial (only for Calypso and Santiago) the game breaks and gives me either “line 704: Not a number: true” or “line 720: Not a number: true”.
I have to refresh the page, go from my last save point, and choose Sage in order to progress.

1 Like

Yeah. And when Athena try to convince us to befriend Calypso you can’t choose the option to agree with her. It says something like this along the line: ‘‘Token not found’’. And then the page freezes :frowning:

3 Likes

It is true that it’s a bug but that’s pretty much the end of the demo for now.

Aw, I’m disappointed to hear that you aren’t able to have Hades as your uncle-father, but at least he’ll still stay our uncle! I just wish I knew this before I spent the last three days playing through the demo over and overagain trying to figure out where I went wrong, but that’s entirely on me.

Anyway, I did have a question, hopefully someone has answer.

In my…many :unamused: playthroughs, I focused almost entirely on raising my wit, followed closely by my allure, completely neglected my strength, and flip-flopped between killing Saxon or letting him go. In every single playthrough Poseidon turned out to be my real baby daddy. Is this because of the way the game is currently set, where unless you meet the specific requirements for Zeus to be your father, Poseidon automatically becomes your dad?

I understand the game is being completely revamped, and I wonder how this will change the…fatherly perquisites, so to speak.

4 Likes