Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

oh thank god
i mean you thank you

5 Likes

I was thinking, it would be kinda cool to meet Helen again. And get a insight on her view of the gods now.

3 Likes

YESSSSSSSSS. Please, please, please tell me that our MC can use at least one pun about him being the light of their life…

Oh, and I’d love to have a love triangle option with meh love Adonis and Apollo x3

Also, Rohie, did I ever tell you I love you to the moon and back? XD

6 Likes

Have to say, did not expect to fall in love with Helen. Hope there’s more of her!

Aww no Aphrodite ? D:

6 Likes

Well I assume that’s the choice for the male gods, but the female spot has yet to be spoken on.

2 Likes

Wait, I thought this was about who was the greatest dad…Hades is a nice guy but I would date Apollo, he seem a funny guy.

1 Like

Dear @Rohie. I finally go thorough the whole playthrough after you shift to dashington. I found there is conflict in the story where the latest 1 the MC already aware of who saint father was and Aeson too coz if I remember it right Athena told her but in certian scene there have been conflict in the story. I will go through the playthrough again and let you know. Keep up the good work.

That’s probably because Rohie only updated to half-ish of chapter 3. But most likely the next update should cover that error :smiley:

'Pollo seems to be the most popular thus far, though I must say I really don’t get the appeal since he’s what Aeson would be like if he were a god and Aeson is insufferable enough already without being one.

That said looking at it in terms of angst he’d have been the second best choice of “father” for my mc.

This just reminds me why I hate “social” media, meanwhile I don’t suppose a lust-filled romp with the big guy (Ares) in will be attainable for my poor mc, eh?

5 Likes

Admittedly I’m not very fond of Apollo being a romance option either. Mostly because his son is an RO already (squicky imo especially with that ask for a love triangle – like I know it’s a joke but guys please) and that technically speaking the generational gap (despite the MC being also technically timeless, for all intents and purposes are 17 going 18 in this timeline and are actually peers with their kids) does not bode well imo (again)

And (as of now at least) I have no idea how the MC will spend enough time with him to form a mutual interest – I mean, as it is you’ll be spending time in school and with the Scooby Gang and trying to survive the trials – so if ever there would be a god RO, my only read for how it’s plausible is for it to be in a flashback

12 Likes

Ok, but imagine flirting with both him and Santiago. That would be hilariously awkward :joy:

3 Likes

Santi better get hit with a negative approval marker then :)) no joke, the boy sounds like he has self-esteem issues based on the little tidbits we get from Rohie’s tumblr and flirting with his dad seems like a one way ticket to his blacklist

That shit’s traumatizing – I mean, imagine your crush flirting with both you and your dad B O I that’s a red flag right there to run for the hills – so idk what the end goal is if you’re willing to do that? I mean, as a joke? Getting on the Scooby Gang’s bad side? For the fun?

[As of now, I have no knowledge of how much of a jerk or not Apollo is but it wouldn’t be above him to flirt given his track record from the myths but flirting when you know your son likes this person? Wow that’s an extra wallop to the face]

9 Likes

Me neither. I’m not a fan, especially because like you said, he’s consistently been around for millenia. He’s got literally eons on MC. That doesn’t bode well @ all, imo. I’m O.K with a fling, if tht’s been made explicitly clear prior but, I think a relationship should be relegated to a flashback, if it’s smth tht really needs to be included. Being the bearer is already such a trip, the idea of you being this supremely powerful being and not being taken advantage of @ every conceivable turn is laughable, which throws the sincerity of any relationship you enter into question anyway,+ who better @ faking sincerity than a god. The gods have demonstrated that they literally do not give a fuck about your wellbeing at all, so (granted, y’all might feel differently).

And! If we’re given the option to flirt with Santi and Apollo, because the Bearer is a dickhole or whatever, then I want the cast to be in acknowledgement of the fact. Seriously, tht’s freaky, and not in the fun, wild way.

11 Likes

I really wish that Nephilim were an option to romance because he seems so interesting and different from the other romance options that we do have. That brief conversation with him always makes me interested in seeing more of him so it’s unfortunate we can’t romance him. Either way, he can get it if he wants it, haha! :yum:

I don’t understand the appeal either considering we haven’t even had a conversation with him to my knowledge. I’m not sure if there was a scene given because I stopped after the ceremony - waiting until the error is fixed - but his “playful wink” wasn’t anything mesmerizing. People must like him from the Greek mythology information.

You still want his crazy ass? Haha! How you would persuade him into agreeing is a mystery to me.

Agreed! 110% AGREED!

I’m still as of now wracking my brain over what kind of plot or character development purpose having Apollo as an RO would serve? Is there something I’m missing over this beyond the fandom thirst?

I mean if we need an inning with the gods, there’s Demeter, Athena, and Hades from the get-go. You can possibly develop Zeus – especially if he’s your dad – into an ally too and Persephone might be likely as well (purely speculative as of now on my end).

And if you need allies in general, am sure the trials and outsiders (like Nephilim) are possible to turn to your side

So really Apollo stans – and I mean this in the utmost respectful and non-flammatory way – why? Why him as an RO?

[As an honest to goodness lost child over why to lobby for this guy’s status on the romance wheel]

6 Likes

Well, of course, there would be a negative approval marker. For both of them. We don’t really know how Apollo is like (and Santiago too) but I’m sure he would be less than happy to be in this situation as Santiago would. But I was actually talking prior to we knowing that they were even related. Or do we know Santiago is Apollo’s kid from the get-go?

It’s also not something I personally would do - I’m not interested in Santiago - but I still think it would kinda be a funny conversation. And regarding traumatizing Santiago, well I think that might be a slight overreaction. It’s still the flirting stage, I’m sure he could manage. It’s not like he would be in a relationship with the MC at this point. It’s just a crush.

Also, I’m sure @Rohie didn’t just add Apollo without considering a way for us to get to know/spend time with him. I’m also unsure how a romance with a god will go but I have faith she knows what she’s doing. If she says he’s a romance option then it will probably be as good as all the rest.

You have probably been asked this before or have explained yourself, but what does attract you of Ares so much? He was a huge douchebag. I just dont find anything even remotely attractive in him.

8 Likes

We know that Santiago is Apollo’s child frm the ceremony prior to the trials.
I’m not arguing tht it’s traumatizing. It’s just mad creepy. Like, O.K, think abt it. Your crush comes over, y’all are hanging out, it’s cute, whatever, and then your dad shows up. WO skipping a beat, your crush starts flirting with your dad. In front of you. I guess there’s something to be said for being laidback or what have you, but that is the opposite of funny. I’d never have been less attracted to them than @ the moment they thought it’d be cute to flirt with my parent. That’s weird @ best, and mad creepy @ worst.
It has nothing to do with my faith in Rohie’s ability (which I’ve got in spades!), it’s just a matter of it being inordinately off putting. For why, y’all.

6 Likes

Nah, I was basing that on a comment of Rohie on her tumblr account. She says something like he’s the “almost” guy – something like you almost end up together but things always get in the way. So even at the crush stage I’d imagine that would be devastating or at the very least pretty high on the emotional ouch meter if/when he finds out

Like imagine the person you’re particularly giddy over and have had probably a few flirty exchanges with…decides to flirt with your dad? There’s something distinctly “Greek tragedy” about the whole situation

Conversely let’s say they’ve never had a convo but Santi is harboring secret feelings for the MC, only to find out they’re interested in his dad. That’s a big killer for both feelings and self-esteem issues

And while I agree on having high hopes of Rohie’s writing skills, I’m concerned with how/why the fandom decided “yes, let’s pitch this idea of having Apollo as a love interest”

[LIKE GUYS WASN’T HIS KID ENOUGH]

Like as @gia said, I’m not too bothered if it’s a fling but to be an actual RO? That’s something else entirely

1 Like