Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Aeson’s birth mother died when he was 8 or so. He and Persephone have a close relationship, so he refers to her as “Mother”.

Edit: put under spoilers

6 Likes

I can’t believe I never thought about this because I have always assumed that our daddy will react to our relationships with the rest of the Gods, demigods and ROs.
Well, at least if the MC chooses to have some type of relationship with their parent.

Mmmm…I agree that Hades is the most likely to get jealous. Very hypocritical of him, with his clear favoritism towards Baeson. :expressionless:

In my opinion, Zeus n°1 priority is having our loyalty. Our daddy or not. I definitely see him getting irritated too. But in a different way/reason than Hades.

I’m not sure about Poseidon. On one hand, he doesn’t seem to mind much. And he is not the clingy type.
But on the other hand, his temper is canonically unpredictable, including in this game (when we ask about him we are told something like “he can be the loudest person in the room or just a shadow in the corner”). So I call him the wild card of the trio.

No, she is not. But they are close. You can learn more about his childhood if you choose to spend time with him during the ceremony.

2 Likes

Persephone can’t be Aeson’s mother as she’s a goddess herself, making Aeson a full god and not a demigod, what cannot be as the Essence needs a vessel that’s (at least some part) human.

Aeson tells you about his birth mother when you chose to dance with him.

10 Likes

Okay, I’m jumping in. My MC’s would probably much rather be historical researchers than deal with the coming war. Yes, I’m sure that sounds lame, but, how I’m playing them, they’re tired of being mistreated for the past three years (a pretty big oversight in their view), have a positive opinion of only six of the gods (…at the moment, I’m being generous, and my MC’s are a little naive), and would probably just rather have a normal life. Granted, they’d accept that they’re obliged to be involved with the war, but would want the normal life in exchange (job as a researcher, settling down with their RO… and, why not, throw in the Holodeck [simulation chamber] and/or ability to explore the galaxy with the deal). But if they do get cheated badly enough, they’d probably want to restart the universe if worse came to worst.

1 Like

Welcome aboard the holodeck explore galaxy group! Your character has to be naive to trust in 6 gods. But It seems like a fun character to role with.

2 Likes

For the life of me I cannot seem to get Hades as the father. I’ve killed Saxon (in the factory, I think - is there a way to kill him somewhere else?). I know he’s dead, so I don’t really understand how I can keep getting Poseidon as the father.

Hmmm… Persephone seems to treat the child-of-hades MC and Aeson differently…

Biased Persephone… :unamused:

KNOWN Bug. You can’t achieve other Dad as poseidon .

3 Likes

Darn. Ah well. Maybe in the next update or full game then.

Well, of course she is biased. She knows and basically helped to bring Aeson up since he was about 8 years old. She saw him grow up.

In contrast MC is a complete stranger to her.

(Also maybe Persephone is a little bit wary because she can reasonable assume that Athena had probably a big influence on MC and well…Persephone has reason to be wary around Athena…)

15 Likes

Thank you, Mara. And, I guess calling it “trust” is too vague. It’s more as though, with the MCs (I’m swapping between two of them, mentally), they either love the 6… with a few conditions, like them, or don’t have a problem with them. It’s all based on the assumption that they won’t kill either of them and won’t screw up their lives too hard. (…As you said, a fun character to role with.)

2 Likes

I’m not sure ‘jealous’ is the right word for how Hades would feel about Zeus taking a interest in his child enough to actually interact with them. As @Rohie once stated on the matter of how much interactions the Gods tend to have with their kids:

So seeing as Zeus is only known for only getting involved with his own children when he feels he has something to gain from the interactions, I think it’d be more likely that Hades (and possibly even Poseidon to some extent) would be a somewhat suspicious about what Zeus’ intentions are to be trying to create a bond with a Bearer who is not even his son and be a little protective because of it.

I decided to dig in my memory and truly think about what the fathers have each stated about their expectations of what they want from the Bearer in their relationship:

Zeus: Expects everything and more.
Hades: Expects everything and nothing.
Poseidon: Expects nothing.

I find that for the most part, it is Poseidon that seems the most considerate to his child’s possible feelings. He seems to know it’s a little on the unrealistic side to expect his kid to suddenly be OK with and even he himself doesn’t know what he’s supposed to feel toward the Bearer who is his kid. Hades gives off a strange combination of words, no matter how I look at his words; what does he mean by everything and nothing? As his child, I’d be even more confused about what was being expected of me due to how contradictory the words are. While what Zeus asks is very much selfish, I can at least say that he’s being a good deal direct and straightforward about what he expects of the Bearer.

@Rohie

I’m sorry, but these questions have been on my mind for a good while ever since the whole God DNA thing and I’m curious about the answer.

How does Demigod DNA work? If two Demigods had a child, is there a chance of that child inheriting one of their parents source or being full human? Do Demigods often have relationships with those who are not Demigods or do they tend to be more comfortable sticking with other Demigods when looking for a relationship? how are Demigods viewed by other races (like both humans and nonhumans)?

7 Likes

Demigods Has only dna from human parent gods give them part of essence. That’s why Incest only happens when you share a mortal parent. I consider essence like the force is a energy that binds and create all that force is universal . And demigods share a little of it but is nothing they could transfer or give away to descendants because is not biological. Only gods can transmit essence demigod sons are mortal except bang a god lol.

3 Likes

I’m starting to wonder how many traits we got from mother compared to father :thinking:

“Papa why did you make me so ___”

2 Likes

Hades probably means that he’ll be your father even if you do or don’t do great things. Zeus expects you to do great things probably due to being king of the gods and expects his kids to follow that example. Poseidon is fine you just being his son.

8 Likes

The powers granted to demigods are directly inherited through the host parent; the gods truly only have so little of the essence. The Essence itself is not genetic; it is given. From you, to the first gods, to the Titans, to the Olympians, to their children. So, if two demigods had a child, their child would be fully mortal, since the little percentage of the Essence the demigods have is not genetic, it’s a part of their soul. Think of the 10% law. 10% is given away each time, getting smaller and smaller until it’s nearly gone.

On Olympus, there are demigod couples who raise their children in the city (an example being the children the MC can play ball with). It’s not forbidden for demigods to marry mortals, but it’s an iconvenience. Demigods find it easier to stay with their own, where they don’t have to hide a large part of themselves. Some also
follow in their parent’s footsteps; ex: children of Ares ending up with children of Aphrodite.

There are a lot more races outside demigods and mortals to explore in the game that will play a major part in the war. But to answer your question with the information you know now; mortals don’t know about the world of the gods. They still see them as fairytale. But creatures that the MC has come across in the game; fairy’s, nymphs, etc, are all servants under the gods. They live in their own biospheres and have their own communities, but they pray and are loyal to the gods, and to an extent, the demigods.

The two other races you’ll meet later in the game, though, have no allegiance to the gods, and those lead to a plethora of altercations that I can’t wait to explore.

24 Likes

OK I have to ask. What is the point in choosing an instrument? Do we have to serenade a chimera later on or something?

One increases your wit the other increases your allure and the other boosts wit and allure

6 Likes

Don’t worry … I will expand earth to include some new and adventure life like all mystic creatures will be real and then in real we can go for dragon race or a fight , hey we can even do some friendly battles , …Still don’t forget I m the god in my world and can’t be real friends and all hhaaha , hey is it important that I need to do all good and stuff like that , I mean I try to do some bad stuff but it appears I can’t do it even in games I mostly end in good terms … Still will try to merge hell with real world and merge all dimensions so that we can travel between them , is it enough for an adventurous​ life for you , or do you want some more , and sorry for the late reply I mean they should make some app or something , to do chat here , what do you think …

1 Like

What are the stats needed to be a daughter of Hades? So far I’ve been playing relying on wit, allure and dark magic; also pretty broody. So I got kinda bummed to find out my father was Poseidon… Don’t really like the dude.