Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

I feel like I should have my MC buy a D&D player’s handbook for the spells…you know, for science

No, we’re not, he chases us he corners us and then threatens us: "His eyes zero in on you, and a cruel sneer forms on his face. “Just give it up,” he barks out. “Aren’t you tired?”. We only react with lethal force once: “With a swift movement, your exhausted eyes are too slow to catch, he’s running toward you.”
So in summary he hunted us, cornered us on the rooftop and is running towards us at breakneck speed, given our history with the “seekers” and the fact that they’re responsible for the death or disappearance of both our (boy)friend and our Aunt that still very much makes it justifiable self-defense.

Even if they do consider that murder, then so what? Every single one of the old Greek Gods has murdered for far less in the old legends, so at worst that makes my mc as bad as they are, big shocker!

7 Likes

It seems very coincidental that you would find the exact same knife as was owned by one of the missing Seekers. Combined with the character witness (Haris), and you’re going away for a long time…

1 Like

I believe the gods are a do as I say, not as I do kind of people.
And this initiates that chase.

“The last few weeks have been a nightmare, just trying to track you down,” the boy rants. “I honestly couldn’t care less that you’re the child of—”

You don’t let him finish. With a swift swipe of your arm, you slam your closed fist across his face. Not waiting to see if you had knocked him out or simply sent him stumbling, you push through the hunter with the slight limp, and shove him onto his weak left side, sending him tumbling into the girl beside him.

Then you run.

We hit him first, after he and his posse were just talking to us, complaining about the situation, with our dumpster lifting strength, because we felt threatened by people who from the gods and demigods point of view, the people judging us if a trial would come, ignorant of any possession, were just doing their job.

2 Likes

Most of the 53% wanted Hades as dad.

9 Likes

That should probably have been a third option: “My MC did kill Saxon, but just to get Hades. It was nothing personal.”

(And there, @idonotlikeusernames, we have your motive! Combined with the circumstantial evidence and unreliable character witness, and you’ve got a one-way ticket to Tartarus. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

4 Likes

Great, well just wait until my mc has killed and skinned Haris too. :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually I think the only reason we’re even going to have a kangaroo court trial after the mc has made it out of their other deathtrap “trials” alive is explicitly so that they can find us guilty and find a way to weasel out of actually having to give us the promised reward, or saddle us with a lesser one or force us to be Aeson’s lackey as really the old, Greek Gods aren’t usually the ones to be overly concerned about a murder or two, or even a good war or two. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

You know if we could get into Tarterus…

I wonder how many jokes about that has been made since he/she/it is a living being…

Couldn’t Hades tell if Saxon was dead or not? Use a magically binding contract for him to tell the truth for the trial and ask him if Saxon is dead, if yes, I’m sure Hades could ask him how he died thus liberating or condemning the MC

2 Likes

I don’t think so otherwise they might as well have accused us when we got here since that’s what would initiate the trial. Even when half of them want us gone, I think they’re giving us a fair shot.

I really think gods know perfectly who killed the small puppets and they don’t give a shit about it. They don’t care about demigods a proof is that Troy war was planned for wipe out over population of demigods that was admitted in class. They never care all those killing ants is just a masquerading ruse to keep proving us, entertain the Olympus mases and make them fear us. I don’t think is Chronos who is possessing them . he knows the prophecy about we will end with him so why in hell he would want kill us…? There are gods factions in Olympus playing chess with demigod puppets. Some are probably thinking "If i send people to kill him her and actually dies the prophecy was not real a work of fate. If prophecy is work of Fate and Destiny in won’t matter any of my doings he she will win and joining Chronos.
The other faction is more like He she will win because Fate command we should make her him favorable to make him her destroy Chronos. And of course there is Aeson killing switch. Aeson will we our end.

6 Likes

I doubt anyone would trust a prophecy as vague as by your side especially preceding they will create a great divide. Though I also doubt Kronos would try to kill us publicly (us knowing he tried to kill us) given his history of avoiding fate. Instead I think he would try really hard to recruit us in the belief that we’re the only one who could stop him instead of out of assurance that we’ll join him.

That’s a good point; I’d thought to ask him about Sawyer, but there are a lot more people that Hades really should be checking his ledgers for…

1 Like

For Greek gods Prophecy are an absolute truth predestined and set on a stone. No one could escape their destiny. Even Gods are inside the fate tapestry. Gods can’t beat the Fate they are part of it. In ancient Greek mythology. There is no real free roam. All is predicted and sew in the destiny. Each profecy is set and will happen no matter what everyone does. You will end in Chronos side to his doom or his glory is yet to be seen. Gods are totally convinced about prophecy and its inability to change it .

Oh this kid dated my dear son/daughter… I don’t approve: Tarterus.

I wonder if the prophecy could be talking about Aeson too?

1 Like

:expressionless:

Ignoring that, it does seem rather remiss of Hades not to have checked the Underworld for these missing (and supposedly murdered) Seekers. Someone should really look into that.

5 Likes

After I named my male MC, the next scene showed a list of female names to name my MC.

It’s a bug that’ll be fixed with the next update.

That’s true!

Fate and Nyx are two of the things the pantheon don’t disturb. Zeus himself is a big believer of “If it’s meant to be, then it will be,” despite his current actions. I reasoned that as why he has you participate in the Trials; if you’re really suppose to be a “hero” and be by Cronus’s side, then of course you won’t die during the Trials.

I don’t agree with that logic, but :confused:

Speaking of Nyx, lately I’ve been trying to find space for her to be at least mentioned, if not make an ambient appearance. She’ll show up if you’re a child of Hades for sure, but I don’t want her appearance to be exclusive. I think everyone should meet to entity that leaves Zeus shaking.

23 Likes

There is a treachery way inside in Greek Prophecies and Oracles. There are writing by beings not capable of understanding completely the tapestry and what they are seeing. That’s why the. Text are always so damn sneaky like made by Silar and a ninja power ranger lawyer. Prophecy are true and inescapably. But What is the really meaning beyond the words? Words are a mortal construction and like that ever changing. That’s. Why the know yourself it was carving in Delfos door.

3 Likes