Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Does this include morphing into a goddess? You’re already a demi-god so it seems broken already - and if half human counts, you can change into a centaur or such, right?

Sooner that you can expect my friend. Sooner enigmatic smile mode activated. If you could return to your older self Would you? Or you choose this one because is cooler. I mean if you could change it or not at will. Or who your character would be if never changed his body if he maintained their older self . Would he be less grumpy?

I don’t think so the gods aren’t human, they haven’t got the dna. Though I suppose the only true way to truly find out would be to try, if you wink out of existence then that was a “no”. :wink:
My gut says no though because Cronus would have liked us less powerful than himself, even with the bestower safety valve thing.

If he could my mc would likely turn into an idealized and aged up (to say 28) version of his “blocker” body, or even simply the old non-optimal muggle version just aged up, cause even though that means he still wouldn’t be anywhere near as handsome as Aeson (objectively speaking he may not even be as handsome as he is now) it would at least be a shell that feels comfortable and familiar.
Appearance aside though a lot of the grumpiness comes from the way he was brought to Olympus and the way he was treated afterwards, which can best be described as “alternating between a criminal and a charity case”.
Lastly there would be the fact that they choose to dismiss his highschool diploma, that he obtained at great difficulty while on the run, entirely. So for him to be in a better mood a lot of his circumstances would need to change.

God I can’t wait for more it was so good

2 Likes

Yeah, my character is similar. Also chipmunk as guardian is a mokering to her. But @Rohie has said she would change text about Saint and stuff like clothing and being barefood . So i dont know. Maybe after new update all will be better and gods will respect us more or fake it.

1 Like

I gave a formal “don’t freak out if you notice something off” warning to my amazing, patient (so patient) beta testers regarding the plot, so I think it’s only fair to announce it here as well.

The main reason the update is being delayed further is because the plot is being changed, ergo, I am rewriting. A lot. Characters have been “redefined”, certain goals and long term plot branches have been changed, the introduction has been completely dumped and replaced, as have several scenes.

These changes are basically an accumulation of all the things I wanted to include in this story but didn’t have the time to, and now that I have that time, I am grasping the opportunity. I stated before that this was a passion project above all else, and so when I lost the passion to continue this project, I knew I needed to make major changes. But don’t worry, the fundamentals are still present. I truly believe that after this reconstruction the story will better reflect the one I have in mind, and I cannot wait to share it with you all. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your patience, as always.

42 Likes

And once again my hype has gone through the roof. Cannot wait to see it.

3 Likes

Take your time, we know you are working hard. Of course until changes are on. We will role playing will older text. Even if we know is about to change. In role playing our characters only know what actually seen or feel. Lol .

4 Likes

Bless your heart. I hope in the new version, there’s both more clarity about how stats impact fathers (even a “Zeus is associated with ___”) and how a particular event impacts them. (“Poseidon is the more merciful of the three.”)

I would find it interesting if-if the choice is there to have a more nuanced choice between doing it or not. For example:

1. You just walk away, they’re no more danger to you. 2. You spit at him and walk away. These cowards aren’t worth your time. 3. You slit the throat while you have the chance-he’s going to pay for all these years of hell. 4. They won’t stop but I hold no grudge. Maybe this will be the message to stop following you and leave you in peace. So you slit his throat and close his eyes, placing two drachma over his eyes.

Feel free to include this.

2 Likes

You seriously thought we’d be anything other than patient?

Seriously, I cannot conceive of a scenario where all that you have done will not be absolutely worth the wait; my mouth is practically salivating at the thought of not only playing an entirely revamped game, but a revamped game that you yourself consider to be leaps and bounds above the previous game.

Boy, I sure do feel envious of those darn beta-testers. Yes sir, I do.

9 Likes

Sounds great. If it reinvigorates your passion for writing the story, we can all be a little patient while you edit and rewrite.

1 Like

Having done this myself, I totally relate. I commend you for taking the time, effort and the pain of letting good writing go.

I am looking forward to seeing the new intro, new scenes and “new” characters.

2 Likes

I’m a veteran of Choice of Rebels, so of course I’ll be patient (also hoping to one day become a veteran of Vendetta again).:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

No problem. Waiting patiently. On you done I will have the pleasure to play a different version and note what is the changes. Takes your time.

1 Like

Great works of art are worth the wait, so take your time. I know you will dazzle us all with your brilliance.

1 Like

@Rohie Question: will you be leaving the old link up after you upload the new link?

Thanks to @Sherlock221B for reminding me I was in the wrong thread.

1 Like

You all know. Lately I read old WIP -CASSANDRA OF TROY. I browse through Internet. Summary is cassandra curse by apollo because accepting his gift to see future but deny his advance. Apollo is tha god of art and healing so since he is zeus son he will be good looking. Does that mean Santiago also a looker. That does prove he is zeus son coz his curse Cassandra for rejecting his advance and no 1 believe cassandra word. So @Rohie. Is Santiago evil or good or a RO??? JUST curious

He’s an RO. Whether he’s “evil” or “good” remains to be seen though (he doesn’t have much screentime as of now)

Quick question; when thinking about the story with its current content, what genre do you think best represents the work as a whole? What feelings or “vibe” does the story evoke? Do the characters feel like real people, fleshed out enough to exist outside the current plot? Is the pacing of the story consistent? Are he explanations behind the history of the Essence understandable, or confusing for first time readers?

Edit; additional questions.

8 Likes

This is ánd adventure book same star wars is an adventure film. The story of a hero about fullfill his destiny. Very classic like old greek stories

2 Likes