Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

That was so much fun omg. Gonna have to do another playthrough straight away!

1 Like

I feel like I should be making a joke about how polyamory is clearly the best choice for her dilemma…:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

But that would assume I even know what going on between her and Aeson. :sweat_smile: It’s hard to really tell what exactly caused the awkwardness, what made Calypso reach out the most to the Bearer, and how the conflict between her and Aeson going to end up effecting the Bearer’s ability to get closer to Calypso.

Jokes aside, you and @poison_mara make a good point. Calypso not reacting as jealous when the Bearer asks Aeson to dance could be because she’s not sure who she should be reacting to: the Bearer, who showed an interest in her yet decides to dance with Aeson, or Aeson, who was strangely willing to dance with someone who unnerves him so much? Still feels a little strange on her part since she seems pretty straightforward most of the time, but I guess people can act somewhat unpredictable when they like another person.

…but should I take Aeson’s same blinking reaction as a sign that he himself feels indecisiveness toward letting the Bearer dance with either Adonis or Calypso? (this part a joke, btw) :smirk:.

I do find it rather strange that Calypso seemingly has a crush on Aeson, yet is perfectly willing to get close to and possibly enter a relationship with the Bearer as if this crush never existed.

One of the only other explanations is that Calypso is using the Bearer; either as a way to tide things over until she can get with Aeson, or she gets with the Bearer because she knows she can’t get Aeson, so she ‘settles’ for the Bearer.

I enjoy Calypso, I do; but the intrigue surrounding the relationships is a bit more than I would be comfortable with were people to progress in that manner.

Maybe I’m wrong; maybe it was just a crush and she’s only now realising that what she has with the Bearer is deeper and more meaningful, but still it seems rather quick to discard even a crush in this manner.

6 Likes

…OUCH. That would hurt on so many levels. :cry: Imagine being a Bearer who focuses their Essence using their feelings of love, only to learn that one of the people you felt genuine love/affection for just accepted your feelings because you were closet thing to someone they had stronger feelings for, so they chose to settle for you. I wonder how that would effect the Bearer’s ability to manipulate their Essence (like if it fluctuates or becomes a lot harder to control).

I wouldn’t say that her feelings towards the Bearer are that deep or more meaningful just yet. To me, it feels like Calypso (or the others ROs) and the Bearer are currently exploring each other in the beginning. Like, the ROs’ interest are peaked possibly due to noticing that Bearer may seem interested in them as well, but it’s just that right now; interest and curiosity.

There’s definitely a bit of banter and flirting going on with ROs that the Bearer takes a obvious liking to and its clear that ROs who have a good bond with them enjoy their company. But they’ve only know each other for a little while, so it’s more like both the Bearer and ROs are getting a feel of one another during the start of their interactions (not that the ROs would be too happy to see someone else taking an interest in the Bearer during the process). When the courtship eventually ends up going past friendship and into boyfriend/girlfriend territory possibly depends on the ROs though (I imagine Sage and Santiago may take the longest, considering @Rohie did say their trust in particular is the hardest to obtain).

11 Likes

so i’m curious what will be in the next update?

@Hugana

Isn’t it against the forum rules to ask when a creator will update…? :confused:

i asked what will be in the next update you know what will he add? plus someone link me the rules i don’t know where to find them.

It is, but it’s not against the forum rules to ask WHAT will be in the next update.

Most likely.

@Hugana i think that still the same thing as asking when the next update

ya i think i’ve seen other people do it so i assumed it was ok.

not really im not asking when he will release the update i’m wondering what will be in it like what is he planning to do like is there going to be more of the hero test? or are we going in a flash back?.

We don’t know for sure yet; once the beta-testers for the next update have finished their feedback, then Rohie will likely implement her changes and roll the next update out. But we have to be patient for her to do so.

We know we’ll be facing the trial, but separate from that, we don’t entirely know yet.

1 Like

ok thanks for the info

@Rohie did mention that we’ll be tackling the next Trial and there will be some changes to the to the sacrifice and dance scenes (you’ll have a chance to meet Sanitago and Avery before the Trial starts this time around). She also mentioned the possibility of there being a more varied reaction to the Gods depending on our earlier view choices. Other than that, I’m not sure; we’ll just have to wait and see the surprises once the Beta Testers are finishes helping her out.

Oh, and there’ll be some changes to the Stat page too.

1 Like

I’ll bet Sherlock here is one of those beta testers, but of course she can’t tell us plebeians a thing. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

How dare you accuse me of such deception. I am offended.

1 Like

@Sherlock221B

Aren’t detectives supposed to be slightly deceptive to keep from showing their hand, though?

1 Like

They are when concealing their hand is actually their aim. You only know when a good detective is concealing something when they are apathetic to your uncovering it.

Post 4483. That might solve your mystery.

Why, it’s elementary my dear Watson, as a native Englishwoman and therefore a native speaker, with a seemingly excellent command of the language she would make a natural pick for anyone who also wants their beta testers to give their use of the English language a critical once over. :smirk:

2 Likes

@idonotlikeusernames

Or we just read the post where @Rohie had said “these are the beta-testers” :laughing:.

2 Likes