All right guys so I’ve been working on changing the title of my game for about half an hour and have looked through many other threads but no matter what i do something isn’t working how it should. After I get the file edited in TextEdit on my Mac, I go to open the index.html in firefox and it displays it as simple text. It doesn’t even have my game uploaded into it like it does when I don’t edit it. Another thing is when I open the index file in TextEdit I don’t see the coding that a lot of threads talk about. I see the text as if I opened it in Microsoft Word. Please let me know if there’s something I’m doing wrong or am missing. Thanks
I don’t have a Mac but a quick google of your problem brought up the following:
Go to TextEdit --> Preferences… and choose “Open and Save”. You’ll see:
The key is the first option under “When opening a file”: you want to check Ignore rich text commands in HTML files. Check that option, then quit TextEdit.
Now, open up the HTML file again, and here’s what you’ll see:
I hope that helps, the second image is what you should see when people talk about “code”.