Castaways (WIP)

Hey there, I’m Shin and I’m currently working on a game titled ‘Castaways’.

Set in 2011, you play as a character who was aboard a cruise ship when the ship got wrecked and left you stranded aboard Shexo Island with four others. This game is focused
more towards the romance aspect of the game - but I’ll do my best to code for a non-romance option!

It’s currently completed up to the prologue!

To play the demo, click the following link; https://dashingdon.com/go/3069

If you’d like to read up about Shexo Island and the characters, more info can be found here and on my Tumblr.

You can do the following as of now;

• Select your character’s job and gender
  • Meet four of the cast members
  • Find out more about the cast by checking the stats page! Sections will be unlocked during gameplay!

Please feel free to leave constructive criticism and anything you feel you’d like to see in the game!

139 Likes

I’m going to ask before anyone else does
Can I have a volleyball named Wilson?

32 Likes

i liked it

2 Likes

Did these characters know each other before, because I kind of feels like we’re an outsider to this group. Jax and Nyx seem to stick together as do Katia and Alex. It’s kinda feels like we’re just a third wheel who they ask for advice once and a while.

2 Likes

I’m sure I can find someway to include that in the game! I’ll see what I can do about that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Mm, I see what you mean! I’ll figure out if there’s something I can do about that.

And yeah, on the stats page (I believe it works), you know that Alex and Katia worked closely on the ship for a few years, Nyx recently joined the ship’s crew and is kind of babysitting Jax (she’s totally mothering him for now lol).

That will change more with later chapters (as you get closer to them), and I feel it’s something that (unfortunately) happens naturally when there’s an odd numbered group of people.

1 Like

I disagree. I don’t feel like we’re enough of our own person. Like ok I get we HAVE to go do something useful with someone and there can’t be s solo option because if you don’t choose that then that thing is not getting done. But “do you want to stay with us two or sleep with those two?” Maybe I want to be alone with my thoughts instead of being alone with you thots. I’m an antisocial creature by nature. And to quote Assim from the walking dead final season " there’s not a lot of room for privacy around here"

3 Likes

Sure, I can put that in with no problem! Thanks for the input :slight_smile:

2 Likes

When we were walking through the jungle we could maybe go and chat with one of them a little more instead of just being by ourselves.

3 Likes

That I can do as well. Thanks loads! I’ll get to it ASAP.

3 Likes

If there’s multiple endings I hope one is that either we’re the only one that leaves or the only one to stay behind. Then we could do an epilogue where another wreck shows up on our island and we’re The possibly mad Ruler of the Island.

3 Likes

Any chance of getting more job options.

2 Likes

Definitely! Is there anything you’d like to see in particular?

2 Likes

Soldier maybe or a cop or a job in construction plus i feel like what ever job you had should give unique options in doing things.

2 Likes

Maybe we worked for security on the ship?

2 Likes

Cool, I can definitely put those in! I’ll see about implementing the latter part - I always find it fun to learn new things and I don’t want to limit anyone who wants to play that way too!

2 Likes

Sadly, I feel this would clash slightly with the idea I had in mind of getting to know them from scratch. If you’d like, I can put ‘working for security on another ship’ down as a job. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another thing i have been wondering about is how can you be so trusting of these people you don’t know them they are strangers i would rather have a option of surviving solo but that’s just me.

3 Likes

Will a female MC have to deal with unwanted advances from a Male castaway?

2 Likes

maybe we could also be a student?

2 Likes