Carhalow (WIP 02.29.16)

@avidreader @Xx.Dream.xX @Taylor_Enean @Shawnheatherly @kitkat Thank you for all your kind words, everyone!

@SheaMcD @Kinruush Thanks for the help, I’ll have it fixed in a few hours.

I really liked this so far! I teared up a bit when the mother almost cried seeing the MC hug the father.

I hope to see more of this soon. There wasn’t much but I loved the characters we were able to see so far; Morgan and Valena are so cute and I can’t wait to learn more about MC’s parents.

1 Like

Alright! I added the new knowledge scene, cleaned up some of the spelling stuff so far, and fixed a bug no one noticed but me. Thanks for the help :blush:

@attolia Aww, I’m glad you didn’t cry! It is pretty sad, she’d been waiting for like a million years. I’m glad I wrote it well enough to elicit a reaction tho, hahaha.

1 Like

You can look at both “Samurai of Hyuga” and the still WIP “Song of the fallen” for some implementations of personality systems. Personally I tend to like playing either funny/witty/sarcastic characters, or silent, stoic ones. If you can do it well, like the aforementioned “Samurai of Hyuga” perverted/lecherous can also become a favourite of mine.

1 Like

I will love a lying stat or something like that. Because my character is pretending be nice. She considered her brother and sister stupid children, her mother a crying woman with no personality… But she knows how look like a charming goodie to shoes, baby while sherdream with conquering an empire to rule after killed his father and family members of course. That’s my Little Mara with 3 years! She is so cute hugging his daddy who didn’t have the decency of known her before. (I think he probably would be in some sort of war or similar. But my 3 year’s Mara just don’t understand fully what that means, so she believes he hates her for being weird.

1 Like

So far I have 2 characters. A black haired grey eyed boy who is intelligent and self interested and a green eyed brown haired boy who is intelligent but naive and caring.

1 Like

Why not look at one of the original CoG works, named: “Alter Ego”? It begins at birth so it should provide examples. One particular example is the interaction of two babies with each-other. Here is the link: https://www.playalterego.com/

This is broken up into different types of events and modern-day based, so you’ll need to take and adopt the ideas within but it came immediately to mind when you asked.

1 Like

@idonotlikeusernames Oh I really like Song of the Fallen! He has a good system… I’m thinking if I did do a personality system like that it wouldn’t really take off until the MC was like 5-8. 3 year olds don’t exactly have the most diverse personalities, if you know what I mean :smirk: I haven’t played the other one, though.

@poison_mara I will make the lying stat happen, just for you. Haha, I’m glad you have such big plans for your MC. Sorry none of the characters appeal to you yet! There will be more soon. You also might end up liking the dad? He can be a bit ruthless. Or maybe that just makes him a more dangerous obstacle for world domination…?

@Beezlebub They sound really cute! I think having a secret naivety stat alongside the lying stat might be interesting.

@Zolataya I love Alter Ego! It inspired a lot of this game. I was actually looking at the game’s stats awhile ago, since they seem simplistic enough to apply to very small children, but there’s still a lot you can do with them.

4 Likes

That would be amazing! :smiley: I love having cute characters who end up betrayed horribly in the end but then I still forgive them anyways. On the other hand I like being a vengeful vindictive little brat so I’ll keep updating you on the different experiences I get based on the play style.

I can definitely see the influence Alter Ego has on this, but I’m also getting vibes of a couple of older WIPs as well,such as one that I can’t remember the name of (or even find), but starts off in a very similar fashion, albeit with more in-depth character creation. I’m also reminded of Heal for some reason.

A few things I noticed while playing:
–For things to do, I started off with knowledge, yet there seemed to be no transition when other activities presented themselves.

–I don’t know if I’m oblivious or something, but what is this question you speak of?

Otherwise, I can pretty much emulate what others have already said, and I look forward to seeing more from this.

@RagEgnite My B. There’s supposed to be an itty bitty transition after that but I guess I accidentally deleted it. I put it back in.

In the very beginning Nadia is startled when she looks down at you and sees ‘a question in your eyes’. She sees the strangeness about you and realizes what’s going on. What the question is is sort of subjective-- it depends on what you do later.

I’ve been a lurker on this site for a million years, so I’ve been influenced by a lot of things! There was one game in particular though, where you start off as a baby and do baby things and you had a brother and sister. I also can’t remember what it was called, haha. It was fun tho.

My writing style is sort of similar to the author of Heal. Maybe that’s what you’re thinking of?

2 Likes

Huh. Guess I just missed it then.

So have I, we’re probably thinking of the same one. And it was fun, too.

Maybe. It’s sort of that “I don’t know why but for some reason I’m getting a (blank) vibe”, you know?

1 Like

Man this demo was soooooo good, I can’t wait to read more of this
10/10 ign

1 Like

I’m a sucker for almost any kind of medieval/fantasy setting, but I don’t always find a game that offers me quite what I’m looking for. Based on this demo, though, I’m already filled with tentative excitement and so many questions!

3 Likes

I like it was good can’t wait for more

1 Like

@RagEgnite I’m now really bothered that I can’t find the other WIP. :weary: I’ve been searching for the past day, hahaha. Also I just spent way too much time playing through Heal again…

@RyseAbove Thanks, friend :grin:

@Left4Bed I’m the same. Fantasy4lyfe. My only gripe with my own WIP is that it’s pretty European. Someone who’s not me should write, like, idk, something new and cool. Only then will my itch be scratched!!

@Harley_Robin_Evans Thank you! :blush:

4 Likes

like this demo !

It’s intriguing ! wait next update !

1 Like

This demo is really cool and I can’t wait to see what comes next.

1 Like

@Iris I’m really enjoying what you have in the demo so far Iris. The best compliment I can give is that when it ended I wanted there to be more :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

I love it. Well done. I can’t wait for more… Please update fast lol. Id go insane of I’d have to wait months for for an update. Again amazing so far.

1 Like