Can't post WIP - Tags

Currently having difficulty posting my work in progress. It repeatedly tells me that I need to create a tag in order to post but when I attempt to select a tag in the works in progress section, it then tells me to select one item and won’t allow me to select that tag.

I know the answer must be simple but I couldn’t figure it out by myself. Hopefully this is the correct place to post this, thank you!

I’m not sure what’s wrong with it at the moment. If I try to create one it says I need to select at least one tag, but won’t allow me to select a tag to make it happy :woman_shrugging:

Glad to hear I’m not the only one having this problem. Guess I’ll notify a higher up and we’ll just have to play the waiting game for now. Thanks for responding!

Actually, this is something we’ve been noticing for a while, and even I as a mod can’t seem to circumvent the tag issue. We’re not certain what is causing this, but we’ve informed Dan of the problem, so sit tight. Hopefully this is resolved soon.

In the meantime, we’ve figured out a workaround. This issue seems to be limited to the #hosted-games:works-in-progress category, so what you and others can do is post your WIP either into #general or #hosted-games categories and alert either a moderator or leader to move it into the WIP category. For some reason, the tag issue doesn’t come up that way. Go figure.

12 Likes

Thanks for the help! I’ll go ahead and do that then

1 Like

WiP tags are put into categories. For example, we have genres (scifi, urban-fantasy), age catagory (adult, all-age), and gender (genderlock, genderchoice).

Tags work in such a way you can’t have 2+ tags from the same category.

@Szaal- It’s actually not letting you select any tags at all. (Not just restricting which ones you can use.)

2 Likes

Having this issue too :frowning:

Moved it for you.
For anyone having problem posting in #hosted-games:works-in-progress category for WIP thread, simply post it under #general category (any categories are fine, but try not to get too much fun with it). Mods and Leaders (which includes me!) will eventually see them and move them accordingly.

This will be the best solution to take until there’s further notice from CoG or Discourse.

2 Likes