Brainstorming: Magical Girl/Boy Game

@idonotlikeusernames Ah, yes, THOSE magical boys. :wink: I don’t think the outfit I have planned for the male player character is quite as fancy (though you will get upgrades over the course of the story, so it can get fancier). It’s basically a tunic-type top with pants and boots, maybe some more embellishments if I think of any. Also, you do get to keep your clothes when you transform. Anything on your person basically gets stored in “subspace,” allowing it to reform on you when you power down. You can also store certain objects in there (with limits of course)- it’s basically like a personal RPG inventory (I don’t think there’ll be an inventory system though).

What types of magic we will have? I want something VERY destructive!

I like this idea! One thing you may want to consider is the balance of real life versus the life of a magical boy/girl, especially if the main character starts out as a typical student that discovers their powers. I think it would tie in nicely with the Detached/Social state that @Al_K_B mentioned, if you go that route. Does the character throw themselves into their new life, forgoing their formal social ties? Or do they try to maintain their school friendships, even though they are out saving the city from Chaos every Friday night?

It would be cool if u had some kind of magical pet that is commonly used by everyone; sort of like a companion. -just an idea

You mean like this?

Yeah something like that although the bowtie, cufflinks, and bottle of alcohol is a bit much. :slight_smile:

But, think of the merchandising and the profits, alcohol and tobacco product companies are amongst the most generous of sponsors. :smiling_imp:

True…XD… very true indeed

Kill Count? For some reason i am suddenly feeling rather homicidal. Oh well.

Seriously though, it sounds like a fun and interesting story concept that I look foreword to killing… I mean reading, yes reading through.

1 Like

I would rather a miniature version of her:

(What can I say this anime did magical dudes right)

Given Japanese animation’s fondness for magical girl series, one reason proposed by a Japanese professor on why the girls don’t get attacked during their transformations is that they emit an enormous amount of energy during the process that would vaporize anything that tried to disrupt them. Screenshots with captions.

Stuff that would be interesting to see in the game would be choices in the theme or style of your magical girl|boy outfit. Having some sort of animal guide or familiar is also a common trope that I think is a must for the genre. If you want more ideas on what to include, I also suggest looking into classic magical girl shows and comics such as Cardcaptor Sakura, Futari wa Pretty Cure, Sailor Moon, Madoka Magica, etc…

hmm super secret technique Straddle your enemy then transform insta-death for them, probably painless too. would that count as merciful kill?

@forWantOf Exactly what I was thinking- having a magical guide would be nice.