Becoming Guardian (WIP) - Updated 03/21/2020

I never noticed this one

1 Like

@Verdaine really glad to hear you enjoy the game! Thank you for the support

@Daxterix there wonā€™t be a possibility if being the biological father of Samā€™s child. If you choose the romance path Samā€™s child will see your MC as a parent figure so in that respect they see your MC as a father. But as @Okami-Nora mentioned I didnā€™t want to go the route of having the MC being the bio father if the child.

@Noah as mentioned by @rosemary_and_sage Sam only dies in Katieā€™s route. The events of Samā€™s route arenā€™t entirely canon in Katieā€™s. Some things may pop up but they are seperate stories overall. Otherwise I feel like it would make Aaron and Samā€™s route feel redundant. Characterization will still be the same but I donā€™t think making Katie and Jamieā€™s route a direct future would be good idea.

7 Likes

Understood, like i said, im really looking forward this W.I.P, best of luck and good work!

1 Like

Plus it really wouldnt be fair for female readers/players.

2 Likes

@Daxterix I am glad you still like the game! :heart:

@Phoenix_Wolf True! That was one of my considerations during the conception of the game!

Have you ever heard of a show called Baby Daddy. This WIP sort of reminds me of this, but there is definitely huge differences between the two.

2 Likes

@Ant_Merf I had to look it up but I think I remember it airing when I was in high school! Iā€™m glad the story isnā€™t two similar so far. Iā€™ll probably read up on it a bit to keep it from steering too close to the play of the show :stuck_out_tongue: thanks for bringing that to my attention!

Dang did I miss the live stream? Thatā€™s a good idea hopefully you can do it again sometime.

4 Likes

this game was hard to play because lost friend but never feel like if he had kid it hard to be the Guardian I now how take care of kid being big bother and being twin but be guardian and lose friend because of it it like Clannad

6 Likes

@PhilosoTor I can definitely do one again. I didnā€™t really plan it well so maybe Iā€™ll do one later this week if there is an interest. Or maybe I can do a private thread for those interested in seeing what I have planned for the game/want to give feedback in future plotlines.

@Takashi_Shin I am sorry to hear about your friend. Iā€™m glad that you are able to still enjoy the game though. :heart:

8 Likes

Whatever you plan to do just sign me up! :grin:

2 Likes

What personality traits do people end up with when they play the game? From what i can tell there is a glitch somewhere there so if people could tell me what they end up with I can add things to my fix list by the end of the demo.

Hope this helps; this was on the Sam route.

This is Arron route

Katieā€™s route

Jamieā€™s route

1 Like

That helps a lot thank you so much!

I guess you miss a ā€œnotā€

ā€œI wonā€™t let hold you backā€, is it a slang?

Not the mc and before that the mc was suddenly talking to katie

Samā€™s route

Katieā€™s route

1 Like

I got social, aloof, reserved, calm, reliable, and confident in Samā€™s route

1 Like

so far so good.i like it so far and cant wait for more

1 Like

@Noah thank you for pointing out those text errors! Also thanks for showing the difference in Sam and Katieā€™s routes, it definitely gives me a good idea where i need to go in and tweak

@Ant_Merf thank you for posting you personality traits! Do you find social and aloof to be contradictory ir should i leave them as they are?

@Jeremy_Stumbaugh I am really glad you are enjoying the game so far! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

In my opinion, I donā€™t think aloof and social donā€™t contradict each other. I feel like a person can be social and like talking to people, but at the same time, they probably prefer to be alone when they donā€™t feel like talking no more. I hope this makes sense

3 Likes

How come I just discovered your work today? This is really good stuff right here.