Atheina: A Story of the Gods (WIP) [REVAMPED CHAPTER ONE; 21 August 2019]

Will there be any trope-breaking going on? Benevolent necromancers? Evil healers? Frenzied elves?

2 Likes

Good Goblins, bad Smith’s Dwarves, brave Hobbits,

1 Like

So I’m still studying for exams, just finished taking the comparative politics. Now onto Political Philosophy. My responses are slow because I have been deliberately staying away from the internet. It’s just too tempting and I just end up procrastinating a lot. :smile:

I wouldn’t say dormant but the MC will need time controlling their powers. But I get your point though, the MC is not going to be these all-powerful being in the start of the story.

That’s the basic idea I’m going with so far. So the player will know the potential of their power even though they do not start being able to control it.

That’s an interesting suggestion. Maybe later in the game the MC could command their minions around to do whatever but in the beginning I do not plan it so. I want the MC to be involved in the story, to struggle not only with their power but the world that they now have to inhabit. But thanks for the suggestion.

This is an idea that I want to explore in the game. Because, personally I am quite sceptical about. Granted, I do agree that “good” without “evil” doesn’t seem to make sense. However, is it really necessary to have evil in order to appreciate good? Given the chance, if we could create a utopia it would probably be a place where there is no suffering. No one is claiming that having starving children in a poor country is a good thing because it makes us appreciate the food we have.

To tie this back to the game. Why did the gods choose to introduce pain to the humans and not just redesigned them so that they could not hurt themselves?

Being the balancer is in relation to all the six gods, not specifically Chloe. That is why the MC is the Chairperson in the club, to try and balance out the factions. The other gods can create stuff but the MC can only destroy or take away things. That is how I am using the word “balancer”

That will be an entirely optional route but she is technically not the enemy. She is the leader of the gods after all.

You will see later on in the story that the division between the gods do not lie in good or evil. But what makes you think that the MC is going to be seen as “good”? The MC is feared in that world.

Thanks, I’m sure it’s not the book I forgot though. It’s really an interesting epic poem.

That’s really…exciting. You’re quite cynical though. Have a little faith in humanity :grin:

Where is this cynicism coming from? There are good humans too. We have come though. We have moral concepts like “Crimes against Humanity” so we can’t all be bad.

:zipper_mouth_face:

9 Likes

Learn more. Further your knowledge, these topics may aid you in your writing.

PFFT :laughing:

1 Like

I feel like I’m one of the few people who think Good and Evil doesn’t exactly exist. I always see good and evil as points of view.

Someone could do something they feel is right, and the good thing to do. But others could see it as a act of evil. And vice versa. It’s really not all that black and white and stories that try to paint it that way kind of bother me.

4 Likes

When in doubt be cynical .

1 Like

False!!! When I’m doubt be ready with a nuclear bunker

2 Likes

Ha both of you are wrong! When in doubt have a human sacrifice ready for lord Cthulhu!

4 Likes

I concur, that’s great! :smile:

When in doubt kill everyone. They can’t ruin your plans if they’re dead. :sunglasses:

I meant it as there needed to be “evil” at one point for there to be “good” thing A wish to do “good”.
if everyone did not care about the starving children, a “evil” thing, then we would not try to create a utopia without starving children, a “good” thing.

I took it as she’s the strongest and we are potentially the weakest, i meant it as the extremes.

and that is why i put good and evil in quotation marks. my MC would be a bad guy who views himself as doing a “good” thing
as an extreme example Hitler thought he was doing good by killing the Jews but we see him as a horrid monster that should die.

my MC would see her as one but that’s His opinion

1 Like

Excuse me I love this?! I hope as the god/goddess of the underworld I can be a skeleton that would Be so sick.

Regardless, if I can’t be a litch or a wrath this still seems like an extremely interesting and promising game! I love how no-nonsense it is and jumps straight into the story!

I have a feeling you’d like the anime “Overlord”

4 Likes

I’m not much of to post here, but nice work with this wip, really like what i read so far, and im curious about the gods, does they act independent, seek alliance with each other or they mainten the literature club vs gaming club thing?

2 Likes

I love the concept for this story! It is definitely unique and can be one of the best stories.

1 Like

I liked your idea so far. Honestly, you got me curious what will happen to MC? They are an underworld God, but if the person originally is good, Does the MC as a God has to become evil or later on we can change the evil God-selves to the better? That are the questions that are nagging me. Anyways, the demo is very good! Keep up and good luck!!!:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

If you want a way for our character to be able to extend the life span of mortals through corruption you could make it so we turn them into undead. This way their “life” is extended but not perfectly. Maybe they have to feed off the life essence of other mortals (vampires) or they can no longer experience the pleasures of life (crew of the black pearl from the 1st pirates of the Caribbean) or something like that. This makes it less of blessing and more of a curse which is more in line with our deities persona.

I think it’d be cool to be able to romance a mortal. Especially with how most mortals would see us at first, which would be an interesting thing to have to overcome. If the story is taking place over a large time span, then maybe the at the start of the romance they’re still mortal but then you make them into a demigod or something.

Also really hoping we can change our voice in the future. I want to model my appearance on death (cloak of shadow and scythe and all that) but then I want an almost angelic voice. I just really want to be able to subvert peoples expectations. It’d be cool to play as a caring death. Where we’re still feared and respected and if you hurt someone we care for we’ll bring our wrath down on you but we’re also known for gently carrying people to the afterlife and taking our position as a burden/duty.

1 Like

I really want to know what happens to the mc😣

3 Likes

Wow… just wow i havent really started chapter 1 but it is already soo good… just good job man.

Finished it can’t wait for more! Would certainly keep an eye on this one :slight_smile:.

3 Likes

I kind of think a really interesting feature would be a statue garden turning people into stone that we hate so much that we will never let them be reincarnated by trapping their soul in the stone.

4 Likes

Ooh… Thrown into another world or should i say “Isekai” huh… you got my thumb of approval.

2 Likes