Ardenia Online: VRMMORPG (WIP) (Updated: 13/August/2023) (New Forum)

New forum because old one got locked. I have not abandoned this IF btw :slight_smile:

Hello :grinning:

Nice to meet you all, Im Sara (Sah-rah) and im a huge fan of Webnovels, Wuxia and Xianxia novels. You’re probably wondering why i am telling you this… me too. Anyways, uhh check out my game “Ardenia Online”.

I plan on updating Once or twice a week, it depends on my school schedule. I’m new to choice script to i apologise in advance for any bugs and grammatical error.

About Ardenia Online

It was all a weird dream… right?

It was the year 2076. The world had changed. Technology had greatly advanced, so had the gaming industry.

Ardenia Online, a VRMMORPG created by several famous companies - Crux Corporation, that was what they called themselves. They wanted to create a second world where people could live a second life and they were successful… too successful. Earth had turned into Ardenia and Ardenia, Earth.

- Play as a male, female, non-binary and trans.
- Choose between two different world - each with it’s own unique race and class.
- You can be a Warrior Elf or a Gunslinger Cyborg, it’s up to you
- Distribute your stats, learn new skills and get the strongest weapons and equipments… or die trying.
- Climb your way to the very top and become the strongest person in the game… or don’t.
- Romance your fellow players or just focus on getting stronger.
- Rise above all and rule them all.
- And most importantly, solve the mystery behind your weird dreams

Wordcount:
[Incl code] 29,743
[Excl code] 24,247

Update Log

29/01/2023
*Fixed grammatical error.
*Added an option to skip character customization.

31/01/2023
*Fixed bugs
*Fixed grammatical errors
*Updated Glossary and stats
*Completed prologue (character customisation)

08/02/2023
*Updated Stats
*Meet a RO
*Sorry for short and slow update, had exams.

27/07/23
*Updated Glossary and world details
*Meet a new character
*Choose your weapon
*Not exactly an update haha

29/07/23
*Fixed bugs
*Added some more stuff

09/08/23
*Updated Abelion

13/08/23
*Added details about romance options

Romance Options

Arlo González (M)

• Physical Description: Arlo stands tall at 6’2" with a muscular build. He has warm caramel complexion, short curly dark brown hair, and hazel eyes that hold a mix of determination and protection.
  • Likes: Arlo enjoys exploring ancient ruins, sharpening his shooting skills, and gazing at starry nights.
  • Dislikes: He dislikes crowded places, dishonesty, and prejudice.
  • Hobbies: Arlo spends his free time reading adventure novels and going hiking or camping.
  • Personality Traits: He is reserved yet fiercely loyal, focused, and caring. Arlo’s determination is matched only by his protective instincts.
  • MBTI: INTJ (Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging)
  • Birth Date: October 10th
  • Portrait: Available on patreon.

Alex Wright (NB)

• Physical Description: Alex stands at 5’10" with an agile build. They have golden hair that shimmers and brown eyes that reflect their inquisitive nature.
  • Likes: Alex is passionate about astronomy, loves experimenting with new ideas, and enjoys playing the violin in their free time.
  • Dislikes: They dislike narrow-mindedness, recklessness, and the wasteful use of resources.
  • Hobbies: Alex spends their time inventing and experimenting, often stargazing and observing celestial bodies with their telescope.
  • Personality Traits: Inquisitive and logical, Alex’s fascination with the world around them is infectious. Their creative intellect shines through in their endeavors.
  • MBTI: INTP (Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Perceiving)
  • Birth Date: December 1st
  • Portrait: Available on patreon.

Elara Thorne (F)

• Physical Description: Elara stands at 5’9" with a slender frame, silver hair that shimmers like moonlight, and forest green eyes that exude wisdom and compassion.
  • Likes: She finds joy in tinkering with gadgets, participating in graceful dances, and sharing stories with fellow players.
  • Dislikes: Elara dislikes unnecessary destruction, arrogance, and being confined indoors.
  • Hobbies: She volunteers at an animal shelter, attends dance classes, and advocates for environmental causes.
  • Personality Traits: Elara is known for her elegance and compassion. She’s wise and understanding, always seeking harmony in her interactions with others.
  • MBTI: ENFJ (Extraverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging)
  • Birth Date: July 23rd
  • Portrait: TBA

Kai Anderson (M)

• Physical Description: Kai’s sturdy 5’4" frame is complemented by fiery-red hair and curious blue eyes that reflect his adventurous spirit.
  • Likes: He enjoys trying exotic foods, exploring deep caves, and occasionally playing light-hearted pranks on his friends.
  • Dislikes: Kai dislikes stuffy formal events, being underestimated.
  • Hobbies: His hobbies include cooking hearty meals, challenging rock climbing expeditions, and hosting parties.
  • Personality Traits: Adventurous and mischievous.
  • MBTI: ENFP (Extraverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Perceiving)
  • Birth Date: November 5th
  • Portrait: TBA

Nova Adewale (F)

• Physical Description: Nova’s lithe 5’7" form carries an air of serenity. Silvery-white hair, warm dark skin and bright purple eyes give her a calming yet mystical presence.
  • Likes: Nova finds peace in meditating, stargazing, and writing poetry that reflects her deep connection to nature.
  • Dislikes: She dislikes conflict, injustice, and overly loud environments that disrupt her tranquility.
  • Hobbies: Nova immerses herself in various forms of art and dedicates time to volunteering for charitable causes.
  • Personality Traits: Compassionate and calming, Nova’s presence radiates empathy. Her quiet strength and gentle demeanor make her a soothing presence to be around.
  • MBTI: ISFJ (Introverted, Sensing, Feeling, Judging)
  • Birth Date: April 12th

Abel/Amelia Santos (M/F)

• Physical Description: With light curly brown hair, grey eyes, and pale skin adorned with freckles, Abel/Amelia carries an air of gentle kindness.
  • Likes: They enjoy reading, practicing magic, and spending time stargazing under the night sky.
  • Dislikes: They dislike arrogance, conflicts, and anything that contradicts their values of warmth and compassion.
  • Hobbies: Abel/Amelia finds joy in playing the saxophone, reading a book, and engaging in legal research.
  • Personality Traits: Kind-hearted and empathetic, Abel/Amelia is a good listener and a true friend. Their gentle disposition draws others to them naturally.
  • MBTI: INFJ (Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging)
  • Birth Date: March 15th

Raven Li (M/F/NB)

• Physical Description: Raven possesses an enigmatic aura, standing at 5’8". Their ebony hair cascades in unruly waves, and their eyes, the color of stormy skies, hold secrets yet to be unveiled.
  • Likes: Raven is drawn to the mysteries of the world, thriving on the thrill of uncovering hidden truths and exploring the unknown.
  • Dislikes: They despise monotony, blind trust, and revealing too much about themselves.
  • Hobbies: ???
  • Personality Traits: Wild and sly, Raven has an air of mystery that surrounds them. They are resourceful, quick-witted, and always a step ahead.
  • MBTI: ISTP (Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, Perceiving)
  • Birth Date: May 7th

Demo
Ko-fi
Patreon
Tumblr

94 Likes

I think you forgot something there.

I am unable to select my hair colour the character customization area.

1 Like

@ComfortSara found this:

chapter1 line 378: invalid indent, expected at least one line in ‘if’ true block

fixed

done

an error appears when you want to select your weapon

1 Like

fixed

1 Like

i’ll look at it when im done with charging my laptop

1 Like

Cool idea!

Hope this turns out better than Sword Art Online /s

2 Likes

Huh there sword art online CoG ?

1 Like

wait what for as I know SAO was an anime so…

1 Like

Oh i thougth there was CoG where the story is in SAO universe

1 Like

I wish there was an SAO cog. Nah just making a joke about SAO also being a VRMMORPG. Also it being a trainwreck after a while.

1 Like

if u search SAO in the forum there are some WIP/s that inspired by SAO

1 Like

I almost thought this wip was forgotten about. Thanks for respawning it.

2 Likes

ok I got an achievement that said normal talent and then I went to see it in the achievements menu, i went to the game and they gave me another one and I realized that if I do it several times they simply give me all of them probably due to a randomization problem

ps: he also gave me another called godly power or something like that

3 Likes

There is no hair colour custom option on the prologue and there is a endless loading screen after the phone scene if u started from the prologue

1 Like

Hello there! After the weapons choice, the response for the other weapons are included, not just what was chosen.

1 Like

Was the In Between Metaverse intentional for players who choose a specific race in a different world? Looking forwared to this CoG game BTW

1 Like