Arceus: Awakening (WIP) [85K words] [Update 26/5/2024]

Fair points. I am trying to keep them vague enough so that you get to know them through the book as opposed to a description sheet. But I think adding sexuality wouldn’t be an issue with that line of thought. I’ll rethink the RO portion of the post when I get the time and see if I can’t make it a bit clearer.

3 Likes

I’m enjoying the game so far but I noticed a question that feels really out of place when we first meet Juni/Juno. The one where you suggest that they aren’t from the U.S. because their last name is Jorgensen. As someone from the States, that’s a pretty ordinary last name - honestly it’s pretty unusual to suggest anyone isn’t from the US based only on the name (in some cases it’s even considered offensive).

It would fit better if it was due to a slight accent or just replacing that question with a casual “where are you from?”

is anyone else having bad save slot error?

2 Likes

It is? I was under the impression it is a mostly Norwegian name. But I can add more hints and what not to make it clear it is not solely the name. Thx for the feedback.

Can you elaborate further? Is this on dashingdon or Moody for example.

this is on dashington and i cannot save my game, each slot just says error

1 Like

Found the issue. Turns out I needed a bit of a space between the save command and the statement above it. It should be fixed now! :3

3 Likes

it works perfectly now, thank you so much!

2 Likes

I’m a bit late to reply, but wanted to follow up. You’re not wrong to think it’s Norwegian, it’s just that any surname is normal in the US since we’re all descended from immigrants. It can be kinda fun small talk to try and guess someone’s heritage based on their last name.

5 Likes

tried to buy a pistol and got an error

4 Likes

Found and fixed! Turned out to be an indentation error from an earlier indent test. Should be wokring fine now! Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

5 Likes

Hi y’all. Hope you had a wonderful pride month. Having finished my semester and entered the summer break. I took the month as a break as you can see from the relative radio silence. But with July upon us like the heat. I have once more begun writing. Bi-weekly status updates should be back starting from now.

Given I have just continued work, progress is rather light but I have knocked a decent 500 words and I am finishing the general outline for the training session, which will be the entire update as it should be in similar if not greater length than Knott’s section, which was roughly 30k words give or take. I want to say that it should be quicker and faster as I am much better at writing action than romance, but I am not going to make any promise I cannot 100% keep. Still, brooding and expectations aside, I hope you have a wonderful month of July.

5 Likes

Super underrated?? But why’s the night vision goggles™ 33k :sob::sob:

3 Likes

Those are military grade, customized, state of the art NVGs. And you’re getting it off the books as well so there is that extra fee. That price is practically a steal.

And because its a universally applicable and powerful mid-game-ish item.

Glad you have enjoyed it though! :3

1 Like

In the future, will we be able to negotiate the price if we have enough charisma? To at least 5k less or something because I find it insane how body armor is nearly 3x cheaper than goggles. Like I love my girl Danielle but at this point she’s gonna run me dry :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

excited whens the new update?

1 Like

Having a good relation with Danielle will make things cheaper in the store, although regarding charisma affecting prices. It might be added, but as the stats are still under development and given the nature of how the stats will be. It may not be the case. Dont worry though, it will be possible to have bought everything in the store by the time the book ends. Including all of the items that will be added as you progress and complete hits.

Glad to hear it! :3 No set date on when the new update will be as it will be a beefy one due to the branching paths that will come with the training session. As well as finishing the stats framework and including a start off point so you do not have to repeat the entire book to reach the new content.

But progress has been steadily progressing thankfully!

4 Likes

Just heads up for next time, Moderators prefer we refrain from asking about updates within the threads. I think it’s one of the rules on the forum (though i’m not sure if that’s for all threads or just ones where writers request it)

4 Likes

It’s more to stop people from putting lots of pressure on the author and prevent the author from getting annoyed from update questions. If the author answering a few it doesn’t matter as long as we are sensible about it.

2 Likes

Its near the end of the month and its about time you recieved an update.

Progress has remained slow. But as of now still on a solid 5k. The plan remains to include a chapter start option so as to not require a repeat to reach new content. Alongside finishing the stat system. Thus it will take a good deal of time to finish. But as more progress is made and the foundation is laid. The more efficient progress will be overall.

While I am still in this early phase. I wish to ask your general preference regarding action sequences. Particularly. The variety of options provided to you in regards to completing a mission.

• I like the options the way they are right now.
  • I would like more options.
  • I would like less but more in depth and branching options
0 voters

May you have a wonderful week.

2 Likes