Any interest in a COG Wiki?

You might want to post the link in the first post so people do not have hunt for it.

http://choiceofbox.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Have put a rough draft of the suggested layout on the main page.

I’ll try to set up a template, but you need to add this extension @Lordirish

http://trog.qgl.org/20140923/setting-up-infobox-templates-in-mediawiki-v1-23/

I think that link should be correct, it might be a bit out of date though

1 Like

Ok, so woke up and registered as well. Let’s see where this will go once we get a hang of it :3

1 Like

I’ve made a list of only CoG titles for now, in order to know what titles we need to make profiles for. We can add a list of Hosted Games titles once we’ve developed some standard CoG profiles. I’ve separated the individual titles from the series. (Sorry in advance if I missed a series, I’m only familiar with the most common)

I’ve made the document editable for anyone who wants to edit it. It will probably have selective editing when more progress is made and when authors are chosen for the profiles.

2 Likes

Ok this looks complicated so may take me a lot of time to figure out as I know next to nothing about the wiki. I do how however feel you know what you are doing and started this idea so vote to make you admin on this. Is there any objections or other votes for someone else?

I wont be able to tackle this today as we have the CSIDE launch later today and I have things I have to-do at the house as i have been gone for a month and head back out for another month Monday night. I will give the admin ftp access to the wiki so you do not have to wait on me to try and figure out what the heck I’m doing lol.

1 Like

There has been a couple of people who have put their names down for certain titles on the list. So I was wondering if you guys prefer to discuss who gets to write each profile to make it a bit fairer or would you all prefer the dibs method?

• Discuss who gets to write each profile
  • Calling Dibs

0 voters

Doesn’t really matter unless there are so many volunteers that people start fighting over certain titles, if you ask me.

1 Like

Honestly, even after an article is written, it can be edited further, can’t it?

Isn’t that how a wiki is supposed to work?

4 Likes

I am not a big fan of conflict so I just wanted to give everyone a chance to say how they feel before we decided fully

It is but I’d prefer to know who’s original work it is in case someone decides to change everything they’ve written without their consent unless it’s to better their work

Isn’t that what page history is for?

I do not do not think there will be any problem with such a small group.

I have about an hour so am attempting to add the extension in so the site may look a little funky as I am trying to locate the css file I need to update.

What’s with the weird looking si-

oh, it’s @Lordirish

1 Like

I am having a hard time finding the css file, have the code to put in if I can find it.

I can do it if you want, that said I have no objections if someone else would rather take the role.

@Phrenology I don’t feel like there’s a need to assign people individually to write pages. Once we get templates up and running it should be fairly easy to add information, and people can add more as they please. After all, the whole point of a wiki is that it’s a group effort!

5 Likes

And I believe admins have the ability to keep page records… if someone decides to be cheeky.

Alright well I have upload the extension to the right place but not able to find where the css file goes but happy to have you take over give me a few to setup the ftp access I will pm you with the info.

Alright. I’m going to bed in a few minutes so I won’t be able to do anything right away. I’ll see if I can get started tomorrow.

Also maybe it would be a good idea to have a few admins? Would help get things done quicker.

1 Like

Sorry, I just made the list so it would be easier listing the titles when the profile were made. I got really confused when people started dibbing titles so I was just trying to regulate the behaviour in case people got offended. I also wanted a way to know who worked on what without them being discredited because recognition and keeping tabs is key.

@Wraith’s idea. :innocent:

1 Like