Any interest in a COG Wiki?

A possible concern with replayability/railroading ratings is that it could be kind of subjective, I think? …but maybe that would be, to some degree, demonstrated with total word count versus average playthrough word count? Not totally, but perhaps a bit? Or maybe there’s another way that won’t potentially trigger arguments or hurt feelings to rate replayability…

Also under the ROs and relationships category, I’d love to see strong friendship paths listed that either aren’t or don’t have to be romance options. I know some of the games have those, and I love them! (Pirates and Waywalkers both come to mind, but there are others.)

NPC list? I know I’d be happy to make one for some of my favourite games, and it could be a handy guide…especially when one wants to talk about a game one read three years ago. :innocent:

Related games? For authors who have games set in the same world, but they’re not direct sequels. We have at least three authors I think so far who have done that…

4 Likes

What kind of software is it? If you’re hosting it on your own server I’d recommend mediawiki, it’s open source and thus completely ad-free, and it’s the same software used for wikipedia so everyone should be familiar with it.

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki

But anyways, I definitely want to be a part of it, so count me in.

4 Likes

This is a wonderful idea! I’d love to help in any way possible.

I will look into it here shortly but have to go with whatever software they offer me as I know just enough about databases to be dangerous lol. I need it to install on its own.

2 Likes

Alright installed and is add free link
http://choiceofbox.com/wiki/index.php
I will need to add the people that will be in charge of it. Who wants part of it and who will take lead on the project.

8 Likes

@FairyGodfeather What is the diffferenz between name and author? Izn’t that same?

Name of game, he meant.

3 Likes

AH! I get now. I thinking name of author then gets confused az to what means. Thank youw.

Well looks like it is mediawiki after all :slight_smile:

I made an account, would appreciate if you could add me, I guess we could vote on leader or something?

http://choiceofbox.com/wiki/index.php?title=User:Tw1stedmind

Will we be making profiles for games that are WIP as well?

I’d say either no to WIPs or give them their separate wiki. But really, I think no. There’s just so many different WIPs on the forum, in so many different stages, and most will never get finished.

7 Likes

What about the ones we are informed by CoG that are going to be released within the following year or sequels that are most likely going to follow through?

We are working on a database for wips. As far as I know you only have to signup, sorry do not know much about the software. When we decide who is in charge will give them admin access.

1 Like

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Assigning_permissions

According to this there are bureaucrats and sysops. I think bureaucrats are like admins and sysops moderators.

1 Like

Once we know who the admin is going to be they can assign rolls. I will add the logo image in the next day or so but free time for me is a luxury so cannot devote a lot to this. Of course I am always around should something needs to be done on the server side of things.

No, sysops are admins, bureaucrats are admins with the power to promote new admins.

1 Like

Whatever the actual permissions are they seem to be used in a way similar to mods and admins. Look at the reasons someone may be promoted to sysop, that sounds like a moderator to me

This is what it looks for me
Admin (Talk | contribs)‏‎ (bureaucrat, administrator) (Created on 17 September 2016 at 00:13)
Phrenology (Talk | contribs) (Created on 17 September 2016 at 03:59)
Sithwist (Talk | contribs) (Created on 17 September 2016 at 11:43)
Snowpanther (Talk | contribs) (Created on 17 September 2016 at 07:11)
TheGodFeather (Talk | contribs)‏‎ (Created on 17 September 2016 at 02:29)
Tw1stedmind (Talk | contribs) (Created on 17 September 2016 at 03:43)

By the way these are all that have registered

Edit* By the way any ideas for a logo?

Couldn’t we just use the COG logo?

Since this a member sponsored page I do not think it would be ok to use it. Yes we are talking about CS but not directly sponsored by CoG.

1 Like