Announcing the Choice of Games Contest for Interactive Novels

It says Choice of Games has access to “view and manage your files”. What that actually means I have no idea. But there seems to be no way to change it aside from straight deletion, so I am sticking with it.

I’m pretty sure that it’s a generic message and that the only thing that is happening is that they can View that single .zip file.

3 Likes

They search your google drive for naughty pictures :wink:

idk … I don’t have anything on Google drive except that file.

Are normal submissions handled differently?

5 Likes

I got the ‘success’ message, but also got an error message that closed the window.

I later got an email confirmation that Choice of Games has access to my google drive, so I’m pretty sure it worked out. I think.

Over the past 24 hours, we’ve received a lot of submissions (!):

Nuclear Powered Toaster
Wonders, Horrors, and Miracles
The Twelve Trials
Pathways
Isolation: Deep Dive
The Lawless Ones
The Last Wizard
The Trial of Souls

If you tried to submit in the last 24 hours, and your game isn’t listed here, let us know.

23 Likes

Whew. Thanks for the confirmation. I’m sure I’m not the only one relieved to see their entry on the received list.

4 Likes

I’m looking forward to seeing the final list. Perhaps with forum names too. :slight_smile: So exciting!

5 Likes

I’ve sent out a confirmation email to everyone that has submitted a game. If you haven’t gotten it, or are otherwise uncertain that we’ve received your submission, it’s perfectly fine to send it to us again, just to be certain. (I would much rather someone send us their game a few times too many then not be able to enter because they missed the deadline.)

10 Likes

Yey! It got through! I can stop panicking now. Thank you! :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Since forum names wouldn’t be on the submission, it would likely fall to us to assign them.

I am Nuclear Powered Toaster, for those who have not seen me pimping it incessantly.

I was going to post a prediction that they would get more submissions in the last 36 hours than the 13-14 months preceding it. Looks like that is probably true already, and smart money says at least a couple more are coming.

7 Likes

It’s like when I assign a long-term project: 90% of the papers come in on the last day, and a lot of those come in an hour before the deadline.

13 Likes

… “But my printer broke!”, “Google Drive deleted it!”, “I ran out of ink!”…

4 Likes

It looks like everyone thought of different titles too! That is a good sign for everyone involved. :champagne:

1 Like

I was real close to going with Trials of the Lawless Wonder Wizards as the title for mine. Maybe next time.

11 Likes

I see, you’re a writer of the sarcastic genre… should have figured it out by Nuclear Powered Toaster :stuck_out_tongue:

Lawless Wonder Wizards doesn’t sound too bad actually :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I am stuck. Coding bug - quicktest error. Can’t break free…

2 Likes

Four more:

Tale of Two Cranes
The Butler Did It
The Aegis Project
The Harbinger’s Head

20 Likes

Huh… guess I shall try getting Murder Most Magical ready for the next contest then.

2 Likes

Yay! …i’m going to pass out in the corner now :sleeping:

7 Likes

Full List (as best as I can tell, anyway):

180 Files: The Aegis Project
A Scoundrel’s Choice
Critical Mass: The Black Vein
Critical Mass: The Bridge
Dragon Racer
Gladiator: Road to the Colosseum
Isolation: Deep Dive
Missing Wings