Announcing the Choice of Games Contest for Interactive Novels

Hm. Is there a way to speed up quicktest?
Every time I do this I have to wait 5-10 minutes
Random test much, much longer…

The command line version is slightly quicker I believe, make sure “Avoid used options” is ticked, and block out any loops with choice_randomtest (I elaborate here)

But other than those, generally not really. Remember that it is playing your game 10,000 times.

5 Likes

An author submitted two installments in a series? Impressive.

Also…cheater. XD

9 Likes

Just submitted The Magician’s Burden. :smiley:

7 Likes

I’m having secondhand excitement for everyone who entered. Good luck to all!!

7 Likes

Okay, I just passed Quicktest. :grinning: Thanks everyone for your support, submitting soon.

10 Likes

How have you not had a heart attack yet?! I practically had palpitations submitting mine two hours before the deadline. It’s like 45min til midnight!

I think the deadline is Pacific time. Still almost three hours left.

That said, I totally get what you’re saying. I would’ve gone crazy if I waited to submit to the last day. Still cut it pretty close.

1 Like

Okay, that email you sent me, it turns up only in the html version of quicktest, which means:

1. I don’t know how to fix it without a deep dive.
  2. I don’t really care about it because it’s (probably) not a bug in your code anyways (it’s probably a problem with the html version of quicktest). It’s fine to submit so long as it passes the command line version of quicktest (which it does).
5 Likes

Submitted! Do I… get my life back?
(read: Thanks for hosting the competition! It was a crazy experience!!! All the best to everyone who submitted as well!)

ventures out into the unforgiving wilderness that is the outdoors

6 Likes

@jasonstevanhill @RETowers Sorry - online submission taking too long (my welsh countryside wifi speeds?)

I emailed my submission to Rachel a few minutes ago. Just sent it to Jason too.

Has been tested my end with both. Apologies for leaving it to the last minute.

I’d obviously be very grateful if someone could confirm it arrived before the deadline.

1 Like

Hey sorry im mot sure where the best place to ask this is but since the deadline as been reached when can we expect to play all of these wonderful new games? Im so excited i cant wait

5 Likes

… This is pretty much exactly how I’ve been feeling for the past three months or so. :yum:

5 Likes

I’m eager to see the final list of entries now that the deadline has passed. :slight_smile:

I believe this is the list:(updated to latest 2-1-18)

6 Likes

I just updated it with three more.

7 Likes

25 entries. I didn’t know what to expect but 25 entries seem like a great response.

8 Likes

I knew there would be dozens. ;p

4 Likes

Glad you got yours in. There were a few last minute entries I was wondering if they’d get in under the deadline.

4 Likes

Next challenge is for someone to match @ forum names to as many as we can. :slight_smile:

I’m curious as to how many have came from people we know and how many came from outside.

8 Likes