Android Omnibus for Choice of Games now available

I’m not sure if anyone had said this before but it seems as Choice of Kung Fu is only paid to unlock the full game when I got to the end of Chapter 3 rather than paying 3.99 to unlock the ads-free as it was said on their page.

Hey guys i have i question
Will you still release some games;i mean the solos app
Im one of the players who is comfortable in the solos i love downloading them one by one😅
Sorry…

1 Like

Yes. They will still release separate apps. You could see the FAQ up in the first post.

1 Like

Eeyy thank you mate :smiley:

1 Like

For the suggestion box:
Would it be possible for the Omnibus to recognize that you’ve purchased a game and stop sending you the ads in the notice bar? The ads aren’t obnoxious, but I keep getting falsely excited only to realize it’s for a game I already own! :grin:

1 Like

That would be a level of complexity that I don’t think we’re (or the app) is capable of right now. The main issue is, as with most of our customer service issues, is that we don’t “know” who are customers are. Because you’re not our customers–unless you’re buying on our website, you’re a customer of Google Play or Apple. We don’t have access to your purchase history.

3 Likes

Should be pretty easy if the game in question is registered in the omnibus. Unless I’m missing something. Just have it check if the game is registered and playable in the omnibus already, even if it’s just for the local device (that way you have no need to know who the customer is.) Honestly, this should probably be done for the entire store, since most long-time fans will have to scroll through a dozen-plus games they already own to find new stuff.

None of that’s entirely necessary, but they’d be nice QoL touches. I’m more interested in getting the sorting bug I pointed out above fixed, along with a way to organize the library.

1 Like

I downloaded the app when I got the notification and already purchased games for it. I LOVE it. It’s such a great way to organize your library and mark favorites. :smiley:

1 Like

Quoting myself since my original post got moved to an other thread:

I guess it would be easy, if the tool we use to send notifications actually did anything other than send notifications–if it, or again, we could say of any particular user “oh that’s user X who owns Y.” We can’t. It doesn’t. Again, there’s an assumption of how things work on our back-end, and how sophisticated that technology is. (Not very.)

Dan is working on the bug you want fixed.

1 Like

The bug in Kung Fu is now fixed.

4 Likes

How is it, that it seems that everyone can log in and restore its purchase, but my account (from which I’m currently writing) is unknown? It’s a bit annoying :pensive:

Your forum account is different to the choiceofgames.com account. You may need to create a new account for choiceofgames.com and then restore either from the web store or your installed standalone app (that’s what I did, and it worked perfectly).

2 Likes

Are there any plans to stop releasing standalone games and only release via omnibus?

Not currently.

4 Likes

Thank you! I already started to think that I live in a parallel world…

1 Like

God, I hope not. That would be a terrible idea. My standalone sales utterly eclipse omnibus sales by more than 10 to 1 last data I saw.

4 Likes

I don’t like the app I don’t find useful and prefer have games separate in my own folders I just don’t like see advertising and more controls that just buying and use. But I am old and grumpy I think the best of both worlds is release games both ways

2 Likes

I kind of have to agree with @GreekWinter.

I would prefer that the Google Play Store keeps on releasing the apps as standalones and in the omnibus app. Currently there is no way to review the games themselves on the omnibus and I’ve been getting a 403 error everytime I play a certain game. (The 403 error most likely is caused by the apps that I already bought on a different CoG/Google Play account since I have a bad memory.)

2 Likes

To quote the FAQ:
We’ll continue to release separate apps for Android and Steam.

11 Likes