An Alien's Life (Updated - 15th August)

Chapter 4 released.

A little unsure about how the story is progressing so I’d like some feedback or suggestions. Let me know if you like the abilities that can be used off of the 4 attributes, or if you had something else in mind when you puts stats in to your chosen attribute(s).

2 Likes

Okay This is my feedback. The plot itself seems interesting and great for an action thriller choice of games.

However first chapter feel like really rushed and too fast paced to understand whats going on.
I would really loved a intro explain how the planet is , how is the culture , how faris it from Earth and that.

But Where game lost me is when all the princess begun. I am a woman, that doesn’t mean that i want be a princess dress in pink and use make up. The game seems to give the impression of women has to be cooking and teaching. And male have a total other role?

The planet seems like a stereotypes full 40s America. I don’t know if that’s intended. If is so maybe give a more detailed description in the intro.

The powers came like from nowhere and is like rushed maybe a biological class explain the difference between Humans and aliens could be cool

The five months segment feels weird. Is normal in alien? is player special? More hint should be appreciated to don’t be so lost.

I stopped playing because I feel to confused to continue. And all the princess take me out of game. I want be cool and kick ass exactly as male i don’t want be treated differently.

1 Like

Could you elaborate what you mean about being called ‘princess’? I haven’t changed anything based on if your character is male or female; there’s no alterations in dialogue or story. I think the only instance you’re called ‘princess’ is when you’re born and your father calls you it affectionately. Unless there’s a bug and it pops up in other parts of the game?

The other criticisms I can completely understand and I thank you for them; I will try and improve those aspects of the story. In particular; I realise I don’t explain the planet you come from or the powers to enough of an extent.

I have being called princess at least two or three times by my father. I don’t want be called princess. Is machist.
Still the intro was really confusing for me. So alien babies are consciousness when it born? What powers we have? How is the society?

As I could see is machist like the 40’s? Still intro is too fast paced for me. I found me lost and I have no idea who I am and what I suppose to do.

I really would love a more detailed information about alien lore.
I miss a choice to don’t have a crush. Due I don’t know that people so how can i have a crush.

1 Like

I was more using the terms ‘champ’ and ‘princess’ for boys and girls respectively as placeholders until you are given the choice to choose a name. It was just meant to be something your father calls you affectionately at a very young age but I can see how it could be misinterpreted or stereotypical; I’ll change the terms to something else.

I briefly explain the planet and society while the player sits in class at age 16 I believe, but yeah, I don’t think I go into enough depth. The powers I should eloborate on more too.

Regarding the crush; it was a way to find out the player’s sexuality in a humorous way.

It could be feel as machist united with the princess stuff. I know you don’t want that. But like all is happening so fast It is like … Alien are machist? and other questions.

Maybe let player choice how you want your dad call you in base stats… Also a small lore info about stats about how is alien Planet and culture could be cool…

Like It looks like their planet and customs are extremely like 40s earth with Women in kitchen and going shop. Is the alien society one Where males only rule?

1 Like

Hmm, a machist society wasn’t the picture I was trying to paint at all. Maybe I’ll have the father shopping with the player instead of the mother to make that clear. A glossary page in the stats has been on my todo list for a long time, just need to get around to doing it. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Please tell me your name is actually Mario.

It says they both took you shopping and father just disappears during that scene but is referenced.

• This make you feel both scared and excited.

• For an advanced species they sure do talk like cavemen. makes
1 Like

Whoops, thanks for pointing that out.

‘makes’ seems a little lazy anyway; made it a little more descriptive.

Ok, just playing chpt 4 and loving it :slight_smile: . But have some suggestions…Skipped straight to chpt 4 and only had the choice to like men or women, maybe have a bi option? When I chose to kill the postman with my bare hands you end up shooting him, why? Wouldn’t it make more sense to finish him off with unarmed combat. Also we have the opportunity to kill quite a few people so far, will the police respond to this? I know this game is light hearted, but if you kill everyone it’s possible to kill, you can already be a serial killer and kill a good few people(maybe even an infamy/heat stat?). Also weill we have the option to change our minds about the mission? As in go to Earth intending to kill everyone, change our minds and plan on living there, plan on going to Earth to steal intel, then change our minds and kill everyone etc. also we have the opportunity to gain money. 1. Will there be future opportunities to gain money? 2. Could we use it to buy weapons, tougher clothing, clothing that is less conspicuous etc?

2 Likes

Definitely worth playing!

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out; added. Regarding the postman scene; yeah I’ll add an option for not using the revovler since the bare hands option suggests otherwise. I definitely plan for the amount of people you kill to have an effect later in the game; the police and the city will react in some way for sure. I believe I have an option in chapter 4 to change a part of your approach (listen to your father or not), and then I’ll have another option later to switch right before the last chapter.

Money is an interesting variable that I hadn’t thought of implementing oddly enough. It would make a lot of sense to scatter some options for money gain across the game though, and allow you to buy some of the advantageous things you suggested. Thanks for the help :slightly_smiling_face:.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.