An Absinthian Ballad (Mini-Update 29.07.18)

What I think of Evan peters I think of his characters from American horror story which range from cute teenage boy to robber Baron.

1 Like

Busy busy busy with finals coming up :pensive:. Iā€™ll try to finish this last scene later this week.

@Ventura Lol yup :stuck_out_tongue:. Sounds like one lively party.

@Hollows Thanks for catching those! Itā€™s hard to see those kinds of mistakes sometimes. Iā€™ll fix them later this week.

Spoilers for Bad Touch Man / ???

He and her had a weird almost fling a long time ago. Itā€™s a long story, but Bosiljka left him for another guy, and that other guy and him have a colourful past together. Itā€™s bizarre.

@Hazuki Iā€™m definitely going to be giving a lot of hints on how to get the endings, but Iā€™m not thinking that far yet. This game is just my little brain child that Iā€™m working on in tandem with my other writing and my schoolwork. But yeah, I get so frustrated in otome games when I have to restart completely because I messed up one tiny thing.

@Allie Donā€™t worry if thereā€™s nobody whoā€™s caught your eye yet. There are still a few more scenes for you to get a better read on them ^^ The actual endings where you more or less become a doll require a more specific build, so they arenā€™t super easy to get anyway.

@lokidemon007 Not that Iā€™m aware of lol. There is an immortal, but heā€™s not a vampire. Thereā€™s none of those in my world.

Now, I most certainly did not expect to come back to a discussion about facial hair lol.

Iā€™ve tried not to be specific about facial hair because personally, I donā€™t really like it, and when I was growing up, it wasnā€™t really presented as an attractive trait, so I guess Iā€™ve just kind of accepted that. But yeah, itā€™s not exactly accurate to the time period Iā€™m basing the fashion off of (I mean, have you seen those magnificent gravity-defying beards???). I think of everyone as clean-shaved, maybe a little stubble for Edmund and Valentin, but feel free to have your own interpretations. Iā€™m just super biased.

For hair lengths, Edmund definitely has a loose ponytail, maybe just past shoulder-length? The others, would have shortish hair, maybe from longest to shortest, Lothar, Oskar, Valentin? I donā€™t actually envision my characters when I make them. I just have a vague feeling I work off of.

@cookiemonsta Iā€™m flattered that youā€™ve gone through the trouble of this! Is it bad I donā€™t know any of these people? That definitely is closest to the feeling of Oskar!

6 Likes

Iā€™m assuming this ā€˜other guyā€™ is the ā€˜bratā€™ he was talking about? :thinking: Considering the whole, ā€œI knew you loved me more than him,ā€ line he gives you if we agree to be ā€˜whisked away.ā€™ Not to mention, ā€œā€¦What that brat did to you after you left me," makes a whoooole lot more sense to me now, with MC being Bosiljkaā€™s replacement. But, wow. I didnā€™t know an almost fling transpired between the two of them. Does that mean he was not Bad Touch Man, once upon a time? I sorta just assumed he was always that way, lol. But itā€™s a good thing Bosiljka high-tailed it outta there when she had the chance. Who knows what wouldā€™ve happened to her if she decided to stick around. :stuck_out_tongue: Anyways, I hope if we do go down ???ā€™s path, weā€™ll be able to get the full juicy story.

On a side note, the whole ā€˜replacementā€™ thing going on with ??? does give me some Yoosung from mystic messenger vibes, though. :grin:

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I was thinking! He has a resting ā€œyou are so annoying go away I will bite youā€ face but when he smiles my anxiety is gone, my vision is perfect, my crops are flourishing, my bunny is alive :relaxed: heā€™s super talented too I just hope he will keep on playing different characters in future seasons unlike everyone who pretty much act the same all the time :confused:

@locria Dā€™aww itā€™s nothing :relaxed: Well, Jakob is a Danish actor and I only know him of a movie based of my favourite books and he was the only one who caught my interest, Evan plays in American Horror Story Iā€™m sure youā€™ve heard of it AND quicksilver in x men movies and Matthew plays Alec in shadowhunters I donā€™t blame ya itā€™s a not very known tv series but if you like Young Adult films with cliches but likable actors who keep the whole thing together you can check it out :slight_smile:
And good luck on your exams! :hugs:

@Hollows Yoosung is bae! And surprisingly I didnā€™t see the whole ā€œRIKA! RIKA! RIKA!ā€ rant when I played only in the end when he learns the truth

3 Likes

Honestly Iā€™m really bad I have not watch the newest season just because I havenā€™t had the time but I still always love it. My opinion the first two seasons were the best. Do you have a soft spot in my heart for hotel because youā€™re like how flamboyant and just Glamour we going to be! I also love at the shared universe so if you pay attention to the timelines and the names of the characters you can go to pretty fun rabbit hole lore.

@locria Have you played the best visual novel ever created? also if you havenā€™t for the love of God go in blind go in stupidly blind go in more blind than the blindest of the blind men. Coming from a guy that does not like visual novels because I read books all the time have an imagination. But Jesus is one sucker punch me in at wonderfully good!

Iā€™ve got most of Valentinā€™s scene mapped out, so I plan on having that up by Saturday maybe. The scene after that might come Sunday, if I can manage that. Last few weeks of the semester are pretty stressful :pensive:.

@rialta I missed this in my last post, but I donā€™t have that problem on Chrome. Try again maybe?

@Hollows Right on the dot with ā€˜bratā€™, and Bad Touch Man was very different before. But I wouldnā€™t say that Bosiljka high-tailed it, more like she left out of frustration :stuck_out_tongue:.

@cookiemonsta Thanks! Iā€™ve had enough with crappy movies with good actors :persevere:. Itā€™s just such a disappointment and waste of talent.

@Rogar Iā€™ve been eyeing it for such a long time, but I never have the money to buy it lol. I usually spend it on something else before I remember to buy it. I might purchase it around the winter break, if I donā€™t blow my money on something else!

6 Likes

I read on my phone and i canā€™t load my save

content://media/external/file/20832

The problem with loading is probably a glitch, since Iā€™m also having problems with it.

Will we see the stepmother at all during the story?

1 Like

Honestly the cousin is kind of growing on me even if heā€™s annoying at times like I would really miss him when he goes off to the war. :broken_heart:

1 Like

Iā€™m looking forward to meeting more characters!

2 Likes

Likes to disappear for a while with no notice

School got a bit crazy at the end of November, and Iā€™m in the middle of exams right now. Anyway, Iā€™ve done a major overhaul of the outline right now, mostly pertaining to Bad Touch Man, Edmund, and Valentin. Iā€™ll probably start working on this again after this week.

17 Likes

Looking forward to seeing more!

1 Like

Thatā€™s fine as long as it goes with this line:

Likes to reappear with no warning

:grin:

3 Likes

I have almost a week before my last exam, so I have some solid time to work on this!

After some careful thought, Iā€™ve decided to change the name of this project to kind of go with a theme that popped up unexpectedly while outlining. What do you guys think?

Aside from that, I have new RO bios here, and on my original post. Some have gone through more noticeable changes, while others have only been altered slightly. There are now five, for certain, and Bad Touch Man now has a name! :stuck_out_tongue: Also not so subtle play order from lightest and fluffiest to angstiest and heaviest

• Oskar von Vogel | A sulky and rebellious child whose moodiness carried over to adulthood. His parents tried to rectify it by sending him to military school when he was fourteen, and surprisingly, he thrived there, and ended up joining the military for real when he turned eighteen. He has a strong sense of justice and morality, but is disheartened by the real world.

• Edmund von Brandt | A self-declared libertine who takes life in his stride. He became a duke when he was a child following his fatherā€™s murder. He was originally a very solemn and hardworking child, but something changed ten years ago for him to become a hedonistic skirt-chaser. He cares very little for the court and its schemes, preferring to spend his time collecting art and drinking.

• Valentin Sonnen | An ambitious and steadfast inquisitor general who resents the nobility. He came from the slums as the son of a prostitute, and joined the military at age sixteen. He quickly rose through the ranks, taking advantage of the string of mysterious disappearances in the military, and utilizing his talents for logistics. He is a believer in the end justify the means.

• Lothar von Metzger | A charming and gentlemanly arcanist whose origins are shrouded in mystery. He gained his title after his predecessorā€™s mysterious death, and is known for his humility. However, it is rumoured he takes care of the royal familyā€™s dirty business, but it is still not enough to tarnish his reputation. He takes a great interest in anything he finds beautiful.

• Einar | A mysterious man who does not appear to be mortal.

Next Update (Probably somewhere between December 21-24)

• New demo will be up with new scenes and changed plot.
  • Try to fix some of the coding issues, i.e. saves, changed variable names, etc.
27 Likes

I like the new name! What does it mean tho? xD
Also how much has the plot change? Big differences or some things minor?

p.s. OSKAR MASTERRACE

2 Likes

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, the only real option to continue the game is to not answer The Mysterious Stranger when he asks if we should follow himā€¦

2 Likes

I love the new title name! It is very interesting name to choose! I love the new changes on the ROsā€™ list as well!

Soā€¦ are you telling meā€¦ he is immortalā€¦ ?

I just kind of assumed she meant that heā€™s specifically not a mortal being. Immortal yes, but perhaps a specific type of immortal? One of the Fair Folk, perhaps, like Der Erlkƶnig, which he reminds me the most of.

And even bigger oneā€¦ can he really feel love thoā€¦ ?

4 Likes