Adoriel's Tears WIP GAME UPDATE 26/8/2022

You mean to write in English?

1 Like

My char’s eyes are hazel, not pink.

I wonder what kind of familiar we have…
(I suspect the voice in our head is our familiar… or something along those lines.)

2 Likes

Yes, it will be available to more people if I write in English ^^

1 Like

Indeed! :slightly_smiling_face:

In fact, I taught myself by watching a lot of movies and reading a lot of IF.
I also always have a French/English dictionary next to me and I use a site called wordreference.
I also have several friends who proofread and give me advice (French) and great betas readers (English) who help me a lot and lately one of my fellow writers who is Italian told me about a site called Deepl. :grinning:

My way of writing Adoriel’s Tears takes time because I write in French during the week and I use my weekends for translation. (I prefer to be in a quiet place and have more time to do this work because it’s more complicated). :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

These are interesting theories that I would neither confirm nor deny. :smirk:

Concerning the eyes, it’s quite strange the code seems good, can I ask you to start the game again by taking a new save ? :thinking:

I’m glad you like the story and I’ll take this opportunity to remind to everyone that I have a Tumblr on which I post quite frequently if anyone is interested.

1 Like

I started a new save, picked the same choices and the result is the same. In case it helps, here are my choices up to that point.

Summary

Butteerscotch brown hair >
hazel >
You dive towards the hollow trunk >
You nod, worry twisting in your stomach >
(custom name) Sebelkeh >
You wait patiently for them to finish >
You miss Tobias >
“The room of eight is full of imbeciles!” >
“Don’t tell Mom, please” >
Stuffed rabbit >
(custom name) Úrn >
He is… >
Favorite niece >
Chocolates >
Ivory >
You want a familiar >
“Okay, let’s get to work quickly” >
“The hunt was good” >
“Is it going to be ok?” >
I’m happy for you, Aunt Cecily," you reply with a small slime despite the pang in your heart >
You didn’t expect that >
“Hello,” you croak, your cheeks growing hot >
You had and still have mixed feelings about this boy >
“He didn’t mean any harm” >
You feel… something stirring in your belly >
You frown slightly >
You nod vigorously >
Pet him >
You shrug >
(((PINK EYES)))

1 Like

I’ll look into it :slight_smile:

@IvoryOwl So.
I checked and even replayed with a new save and this bug is a big mystery! I chose purple for the eyes and I end up with the same problem as you. Yet before this bug, the eye color appears correctly in chapter 1. I will end up removing this variable from this passage.

Update 27/05/2022

Hello to all.

In view of my situation, I think an update is necessary. As I told you a few days ago, my city has been hit by a violent storm that has ravaged my entire department. In France this kind of event is quite rare, especially where I live, so we weren’t well prepared.

The day after this storm, hundreds of houses have been more or less strongly damaged and thousands of cars have suffered the same fate (including mine.)

As a result, I don’t have much time to write (unfortunately, because it would be good for me.) My house has been damaged, my car is good for the scrapyard and our dear insurance companies are absent (of course). This morning, the roof of one of my neighbors collapsed in her room where she was sleeping a few minutes before (she is fine, fortunately.) My dose of stress is high and my brain is looping on the problems I have to solve.

All this to say that if there is an update of the game, it will be smaller than what I had planned. (Maybe before the end of June, as originally planned.) I’m bitter because I was in a good writing mood before all this, but I had to be frank with you.

I’m still writing, but in a very small quantity, I’m doing some proofreading too, but nothing like before the storm. It will come back, it could have been worse, there are people who really lost everything, so I still consider myself lucky, but these are inconveniences that impact the production of the story anyway and I’m sorry for that.

In the meantime, I wish you all a very good day.

Arielle.

44 Likes

Thanks for the update and no worries we the fans will still be here :smiley: main thing is take care of yourself first and for most.

10 Likes

Don’t worry the tears will understand and wait until you’re ready

2 Likes

Hi! I stumbled over your game today and i must say I’m intrigued!
So far i like it very much but sometimes i stumble over the dialog and how the mc behaves fo a kid. Nothing big but i think it wouldn’t be the worst when you find someone who has experience with beta reading and whose first language is english :wink:
(Don’t get me wrong english isn’t my first language either, I’m super impressed about your skill to write something like this!)

Anyway keep up the good work! It’s super cool and i like the idea with the familiars very much. Gives me Golden Compass vibes hehe :heart:

2 Likes

Hi ! Thank you ! started working with my betas recently and I hope it will improve the quality of the story. I’m glad you like it and that it reminds you of The Golden compass.

13 Likes

I’m sorry i haven’t read the whole thread and your updates before!
I hope everything’s getting better with the storm and all. Take care of yourself first :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I have to say I find your story a pleasant read. Definitely promising. I wonder if the MC will start displaying some form of magic soon (akin to that of Tobias’ or something out of the ordinary, not just some fundamental elf attributes). I look forward to your next update.

Hope you are coping well with the storm damage.

5 Likes

Hi guys !

Here a new update for the game.

https://dashingdon.com/play/daugtherofolympus/adoriels-tears--book-one--the-gift-of-the-tears/mygame

In this one

• Talk to Tobias
  • Annoy Saschta
  • Get to know Arthur, or not.
  • Chose a talent

Also you need to restart the game from the beginning, sorry !

Enjoy ! And as always i’m waiting for your feedback !

40 Likes

MC can avoid spending time with Arthur in this update?

1 Like

No.For now the scenario forces you to stay with him. Sorry !

2 Likes

congrats on the update! really liked spending time with arthur

2 Likes

To be fair u could try to ignore him or be mean to make him leave u alone

1 Like

So what “Get to know Arthur, or not” is about?