Abysm's Veil- Continuing the story. (WIP) Last update 11th August

I have a question will we get the chance to learn what happened to all of the other people in the clan such as how old they are or how they died?

2 Likes

@Nomad33810 There’s some revelations coming that relate to part of that, yes :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Being a Rusalki almost made me feel like I was playing Kayako from The Grudge. All that wrath inside a soul. Scary. The Rusalki also reminds me of a mix between a mermaid and a vampire.
I know male Rusalki are rare but I hope we get to meet one or two in the game. I’m looking forward to playing this.

6 Likes

This song reminds me of this wip

3 Likes

I really hope this wip is continued

1 Like

Thanks @Pixelf and @Nomad33810 :smile:

Progress is a bit slow in all my WIPs at the moment I’m afraid due to busyness with a lot of things in my life at the moment, but I’m working on getting them done slowly. but hopefully surely!

15 Likes

That’s good to hear. Can’t wait to read it when finished.

2 Likes

This game sounds fascinating!

2 Likes

Don’t worry I am more than willing wait for your wonderful story.

4 Likes

Another apology for the delay. Life has kind of been even more busy since the last update unfortunately and I haven’t had much time to work on any of my stories. I do have quite a bit written however that needs some editing to get working before I can update

Very small sneak peak at one of the chapters to come . Guess who they are :mermaid:?

Half closing your eyes, you allow yourself to relax, sinking deeper while still staying within reach of the rays of light that play through the rippled surface high above.

“Well what have we here?” The voice is breathy and soft with a tinge of mockery.

“So alone and so far from home,” a different voice sing-songs at a higher pitch, while scratchy laughter sounds from a third throat somewhere off to your right.

Snapping to full attention, your eyes come to focus on two wraith like figures dressed in loose white robes blocking your path. Long pale hair billows around gaunt features in the swell, while blue spidery veins are visible through tightly stretched translucent skin. A third figures swims into view to join the group. Though her eyes are aglow, they carry the foggy opacity of the dead.

She laughs again, the cold sound enough to send shivers down your spine. This one you’ve seen before, you seem to remember Sysha addressing her as what was it again? Mako perhaps? No, that’s not right. Makara. The name comes to mind as the figures regard you silently; their heads tilted slightly to one side as if observing a potentially interesting plaything that they haven’t discovered a use for yet.

31 Likes

excited vibration intensifies I. Am. So. STOKED!

3 Likes

You never need to apologize for your own life, we understand

also, that teaser was wonderful. I love how enigmatic the tone feels :heart:

6 Likes

Sirens? From Greek mythology maybe.

2 Likes

Oooooh yay!!

So excited to see this WIP back to life.

3 Likes

LOVE this also! Aahhh you really amazing!! All your story is the best!!

1 Like

Thanks @Hani_Fina! Your nice comments made my day :smile:

1 Like

I’m glad! And really your works are amazing! I really enjoy playing it^^

3 Likes

Alright, in the spirit of NaNoWriMo I’ve been trying to get the next chapter sorted to go up as an update over this week!

I’ve remembered why I’d been putting it off, I needed to go back and finish writing all the branches in the next chapter which by itself will probably be about 30,000 words. (I really shouldn’t have had so many storylines going in a single chapter. I should know by now that it’s a bad idea.) Only one more story line to finish though, then I can start linking up the stuff I wrote in later chapters after I last gave up on this part.

Hopefully I can get the game updated later this week, but it depends how bad the bugs are in the stuff I’ve been trying to fix. (I have a feeling with all the branches which meet and separate + variable checks it’ll have more than its fair share from past experience :disappointed_relieved:)

23 Likes

Just went to an all night Nanowrimo event (although I had to leave at about 2am due to needing to be up early today :sleeping:) I actually managed to get the chapter finished and now need to squash a whole heap of bugs before I can update. Probably would have gotten more done but there was kind of pancakes and tabletop games involved as the night went on. (All a needed part of the creative process of course :smile:.)

16 Likes

Ok, just putting it out there that although I don’t hate chapter 4 at this stage, I kind of both regret and rue writing it. Somehow it’s 33k words by itself, most of which won’t be seen due to branching, and was completely chock full of bugs that took me ages to iron out. If anyone finds any weird re-directs and tells me about them, cookies will definitely be given out with my sincere thanks :cookie: (I hope I have fixed them all, but I really did mess this chapter up a bit.)

Will continue to do some needed editing for grammar and flow, but chapter 4 is now up (finally! Thank you everyone for bearing with me for the very long delay between updates on this.) I should have another update relatively soonish as well, since Chapter 4 was the main hurdle I needed to get sorted out to go forward from here :slight_smile:

https://dashingdon.com/play/jacic/abysms-veil-wip/mygame/

35 Likes