A Witch's Path (WIP)

Ain’t that the truth, as I’m sure some of our luminaries such as @Havenstone, @Vendetta and @Moreau will no doubt be happy to confirm.

I’d be ecstatic if the development time for something as ambitious as this project turns out to be less than it has been for the first installment of XoR.

Of course on the other hand we have our own @Cataphrak but he does these things as a full-time job, for a living, most of the authors here do not have that luxury, or simply have jobs and lives outside of writing that they wouldn’t want to give up.

4 Likes

Sweet. I prefer going solo when given the option. Whenever one joins a group they generally have to deal with obligations. Like say for instance you join the White coven then you’re pretty much obligated to the betterment of mankind. Admittedly it’s probably not as clear cut as that but I hope you get the jist of what I’m saying.

2 Likes

If that’s the attitude you gonna have then I think leaving is probably for the best… for your own sake (and ours). We all have WIPs we wish were either released or still in the works, the difference here is that we’ve learned to deal with it like proper adults rather than pressuring the authors with unecessary complaining and mild threats of “do what I want or I’m gonna do X”.

Some games take years to finish, others don’t even make it past the planning stage - patience and tolerance are necessary skills here and if you have neither then… well… I’m sure there are greener pastures out there where people are willing to comply to your whims 24/7… somewhere. :wink:

14 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

Gah I’m sorry I’m sorry! I know I’m taking a long time and I’m super disappointed with myself because I originally wanted the demo to be released by Halloween. But I just want to make sure that the demo is 100% to my liking before I release it. It’s my first WIP and I want it to be a good read. Another thing I’m having trouble with is how long the demo should be? I have a key point were I want the demo to end but idk how long it should be. So I’m working on it please give me time cuz I only have time to work on it on the weekends when I’m free. And if I’m being 100% honest I think I’m not coding right.

Thank you and sorry it’s taking so long :frowning:. I really want you guys to read it. I’m going to try working on it twice as more than I already am.

Writers block is right but weirdly enough it’s only the little things that block me not the key parts of the story because that is easy to think of. I just want to be 100% satisfied with the demo and characters before releasing it.

Lol yah I understand. Maybe you can make your own Coven lol or stay solo to yourself want to make a path for every kind of Witch lol even if you want a demon master :wink:

15 Likes

Hey, calm down. Take your time, you are doing fine. You’ve got this, alright? Anything as good as what you’re creating needs time.

1 Like

If you see comments that are rude, rather than responding to them with more rude comments, can you please flag them, thanks.

https://forum.choiceofgames.com/guidelines

8 Likes

You have nothing to apologize for. Go your own pace. You’re the author, it’s your decision when you feel like releasing a demo. We should be glad that there’s going to be a demo. Feel free to take your time my friend. I will grateful await a demo. There are better things to do than complain like give your thoughts and suggestions on what you have heard and seen so far.

3 Likes

Will do, sorry…:pensive:

1 Like

I kinda just slipped into this thread, so I’m not 100% on what’s happening.

(but im also not reading 2000+ posts, so…)

Eh, I think Borden’s over reacting. Hugely. It’s fine.

And frankly? You don’t really owe anyone anything. If this never comes to fruition, that’s fine. Most projects don’t.

I will say though. A lot of this is kinda a bad attitude.

Especially this part.

Dude, this is your first w.i.p. It’s probably going to be, at the absolute best, if we’re being super-duper honest…

Mediocre.

But it’s impossible to judge your own work as you write it. You need feedback. And this extends beyond writing. When it comes to creative projects people tend to get nervous about showing their work to people.

But you REALLY need to show it to people. Their reactions can be motivating. Their theories can inspire new ideas. And they can tell you whether your work is actually bad or not. And if so, what wasn’t clicking for them, and just as importantly, what was.

Again, doesn’t matter. Just get the content out there and keep working.

Do you have more than 1000 words (including code)? Great. Awesome.

Show us.

If you get a bug report because something’s wrong with the code, or if something’s just not working right, show us. This forum literally exists for authors to get help with their gamebooks. It’s why we’re here.

That said… it’s an interesting idea, and I hope things work out for you.

I’m inclined to say you should get a demo out ASAP, but… maybe that’s just not the way you want to do it. And that’s fine.

It’s your project. You don’t me anything.

16 Likes

Never watched Charmed (though I might have to now). But… American Horror Story?.. That’s… disconcerting, and incredibly creepy… But in a good way! :relaxed: I hope…?

1 Like

The Demo in my opinion is more a proof of progress, so don’t worry too much about it. Gah, I’m no writer but, it took me about three weeks to even flesh out the three starting characters in the story I’m currently world building… Not even mentioning how long it took me to actually write it down… Sometimes inspiration comes easy, other times you might as well wait for the world to end. Wanting perfection is easy to understand, though actually getting said perfection is impossible. Just go at your own pace, whether it means writing a sentence a day, or every three months… Dear God I hate coding…

I don’t know if anyone’s asked this, sorry if they have, but what do you mean by “Grimoire types”?

1 Like

I have to update that info when I’m not using my phone lol. Basically you will be able to choose which grimoire you want from 6 options. For example if you like the creepy kind of spell books you can choose The Book of Lies which looks like it was sown together and a closed eye on the cover.

5 Likes

Ooooh, I getcha. i’m guessing there’s going to be a fancy, ancient, traditional looking one too? Kind like…

1 Like

Exactly lol. And yes there is a grimoire like that called The Book of Old

Cool! Ok, so, I was wondering… is there/could there be an option to have a scroll instead of a Grimoire? Have you seen Mirai Nikki? Because, I was imagining something like Sixth’s/Tsubaki’s diary. Just picturing it is so cool…

1 Like

Huh? A scroll that does sound interesting. I will consider it cuz it does sound like a good idea. As for Mia Nikki no I know about it but I’ve only seen the abridged of it lol. If you have a image of the scroll that would help me decide.

No problem, it looks like…

Though I’d make it a different colour, if I may be so bold.

3 Likes

Pink. :smiling_imp: :wink:

5 Likes