A Witch's Path (WIP)

Actually he has a point, i’d rather be a noble of considerable power, Royals are too limited. They are constantly pushed by clashing power groups into a decision. Nobility have only to deal with their own lands and people, and occasionaly fight a few nobles, much better than having to keep all the realm happy as well as foreign countries.

Nobles of considerable power: Dukes, Earl, Viscount and such titles. (Who would like to be a baron and get squashed like a bug during changes in the realm?)

Off with your head! Nobody may question the Queen!

1 Like

Well if were talking about history wise id rather be a Third son to the King and Queen and granted A Duchy.
Being a Third son i would still be important but not seen as a significant threat to my Family for right to the throne. Usually the first and second sons got the most training and Responsibility of leadership though usually they were privileged “Donkeys” and sometimes were incompetent the third was considered less important and often became capable rules of smaller areas or knights to prove they were more worthy than believed…or became spoiled brats.
As for if i was Female Heck no to being Royalty i would not like to be forcibly married off as a hostage or for a land alliance. I would rather be a Sole Ownership Duchess or Countess not merely the wife of the one holding the title.

How about questioning the court while posing a gift and differring to the greater wisdom and understanding of the throne so that those of lesser birth may better learn and preform the wishes.

2 Likes

is this still alive?

1 Like

Yes it’s still alive don’t worry :sweat_smile:. I’m just working on making the story flow more better. Learning medieval speech so the MCs Gaurdian Summon Knight can speak instead of being just a silent hunk of shadow metal. And thinking of the titles for the 5 immortal witches which the MC will learn about and meet.

7 Likes

Haha wow it’s a good idea I found out about this now and not later 8) I’m also writing a story (maybe for the CoG contest? I’ll see if I manage to get it finished in time) about witches. I’m really early in production so it’s a good thing I’ve seen this so I’ll know how to avoid making mine too similar to your’s (don’t have much to worry about luckily since my idea is mainly an urban fantasy and not really much else yet at this stage)

Anyways! This is really cool! I really like how in-depth your lore is and the game play seems like it’ll be be fun if not a little daunting from the faction drama and all. Really looking forward to seeing more!

BE PATIENT,YOUNG ONE.

Side note:It is against the rules to post in a WIP thread that has been inactive for more than 2 weeks unless you’re the author.Please remember this.

6 Likes

To me these familiar seem a little weak and too common for the most powerful witch, i think you might need to go deeper into the magic world and take stuff like phoenix, a fairy, a shade cause your familiar is supposed to match your power And have a common familiar does not do any justice for player if they supposed to be most powerful witch in the world. My next question is Are we going to be able to tap into our familiar,'s powers? cause like a witch they are different, they bond with you cause at one point you make them into a total badass cause they can flow with your mana and remember that 2 is always great then 1 unless the 2 become 1. Your are going to need more powers lack of nature healing, elements control, shape shifting.are things a normal witch would have if i would have said druid, mage or shuman, warlock fury and warden (sorry couldn’t help myself but to throw two last two in EQ24L) should already open sky to limit. Now with coven, this where you got me at White coven and Night.The white not having healing or nature and night now having the raw power. Does the white follow Gaia? Does night follower Gaia Sister Luna? Cause Gaia and Luna don’t hate each other, Luna is just jealous of sister that she could have kids, but will gladly give her life to Gaia if need be.

1 Like

The familiars are supposed to have second “battle” forms or something like that. They are supposed to turn into mythical creatures that way.

5 Likes

Well the reason the familiars aren’t mystical creatures is so that they can follow you without giving away that your a witch or spy on people without them knowing. Lol how would a Phoenix be able to keep watch over you at school without giving itself away. The familiar has their normal form and there Beast form the beast form turns them into a mystical creature like Crow into a griffin for example.

Well your familiar can give you their mana if you need it but you won’t be able to tap into them to use their powers…well I can’t say it’s not impossible you just have to pick a certain power to eventually tap into others. Also if you mean if they can help you with casting spells only the fox familiar will be able to assist with spells. Lastly druids and so on are basically lower versions of Witches.

No the Covens don’t follow Gaia or Luna. The White Coven follows the teachings of the great White Witch Eve while the Night Coven follows the teachings of the great Night Witch Lilith. Eve believed magic should only be used to help others such as healing the sick, helping spirits pass on, fighting evil such as demons, and NEVER used for personal gain or used to kill anything not evil. While Lilith believed magic should be used however a witch chooses such as gaining wealth, power, killing who ever you choose, basically what ever you want to do with magic as long as it doesn’t expose magic.

4 Likes

Why does this exist?

To prevent active WiPs from being pushed all the way down the “Latest” tab by WiPs that have been abandoned or aren’t active anymore.

5 Likes

Just one question, are the covens grey? I mean if they are neither good nor evil.

Obviously not. Which is disappointing…

1 Like

I’m still hoping that there’s a route where you can just tell the covens to stick their grimoires where the sun don’t shine and be a bad ass solo magic slinging machine.

5 Likes

Ahhh the Rebel Without a Cause route always fun.

4 Likes

Well, the White Coven is seemingly meant to be good and the Night Coven more of a chaotic neutral type deal from what I recall.

lol don’t worry there is and other routes too other than choosing the 2 Covens. :slight_smile:

Exactly. Think of them like tv shows lol. White Coven is the show Charmed and the Night Coven is American Horror Story Coven

5 Likes

Maybe because OracleD3 is still working on it? Ever thought of that? Seriously, take a chill pill and grow up.

8 Likes

Writing a story can take a very long time with editing and writers block and what not. You also have to consider RL interference too. Then when you put coding into the mix it can take even longer especially if the coder is new to it.

Besides I’m pretty sure Oracle said they were going to complete a couple of chapters before they release a demo.

Now if you don’t have the patience to wait well that’s your problem. You don’t have to be rude to the author.

10 Likes