A way to auto-set how a particular file is opened without attempting to open said file first

So, I’m trying to get quicktest and randomtest to work for my books, as I seem to be missing errors, despite my best efforts on manual checking said.
However, at the moment, when ever I try to open quickest or randomtest, it will give me the popup about how do you want to open this file, but said will vanish like half a second later. So, with that in mind, I want to know if there is a way to set, in this case a crome HTML document, to always open in firefox, or the selected brouser, another way?
Anyway, I hope that you are all having a good day, and I hope to hear back soon.

Both Mac and Windows have a similar step-by-step. Right click on the file, on the context menu select “Open with…”. Chose the app you want to open with and select the checkbox that says “Always open with…”. The actual wording might be different since I’m writing from memory.

Currently, I can see whenit asks how do you want to open the file, but I can’t do anything about it because it vanishes too fast. As in IN press enter/right click and that happens.

When you right click the file, the context menu shows up and disappears quickly, is that it? In that case, you might have a problem in your computer.

I will try rebooting it, as that has solved a surprising number of issues that have cropped up, then again, the computer is like five years old now?

1 Like

If you download and use CSIDE , QT and RT are built-in features. I still usually write using.Notepad++ for the macros, but do all my testing in CSIDE.

2 Likes

You should be able to drag and drop HTML files to Firefox. Just open a new tab first, so you don’t override whatever site you have open.

Unfortunately, as far as I can, tell, the thing that you’re speaking of doesn’t really work well with screen readers? Something about the bubble text I think?
Thanks for the recommendation, though, especially as it would be handy to have random test, and a quick test already integrated into the application itself.
So just to clarify, what you’re saying is that I can copy say quick test from in this case, my game folder, and then put it into the fire fox search tab?
If so, that will be quite handy.