Hey there! So, I’m working on a game with an idea that’s been sitting in my head for… oh let’s say a decade. I just finished the first chapter and figured it’d be a good place to toss it out here. I’ll try and release a new chapter every 1-2 months. In the end, it’ll probably be 10 to 15 chapters.
Life was complicated enough when you were just trying to manage work or college. But, when magic, strange illness and frustrating, yet attractive individuals enter the picture, complicated becomes something of an understatement.
This is a urban fantasy story where the lines between magic and science are blurred. Where magic has been kept secret from most of the world, but technology and science are threatening that status quo. Where your community is not a particularly well to do one and thus easily threatened by the whims (or apathy) of the powerful. Where that leaves you, only you can decide.
- A dynamic family, with two complicated older brothers and a mother just trying to keep afloat.
- Mysteries to solve, lore to discover.
- A number of different groups/organizations which you can join, fight against or ignore.
- Five different potential love interests. One of whom is nonbinary, one of whom is trans. All but the nonbinary one come with the option of being a man or a woman.
- Each potential love interest has their own goals and hang-ups. Some of them will conflict with your goals, but you don’t always have to agree to get along.
- Play as cis or trans. As a man, a woman or a nonbinary person.
- Solve your problems in a variety of ways, from being the toughest in the room, to being clever or charming, to having a broad base of knowledge. Be warned, however, that every skill set has its short comings.
You can play the demo here: https://dashingdon.com/go/1646
Feedback is very much appreciated. While I have a pretty solid outline of where each of the story branches will go, I’m open to any and all feedback. I’d especially love feedback on how the game plays, as this is my first time writing a game.
Here’s where I’ll be keeping more detailed track of my progress. The game is currently slated to have 3-4 major story arcs, each 3-5 chapters long.
Minor revisions (typos, spelling, grammar sorts of things) will be done as soon as I find one/someone catches one I haven’t found.
First pass major revisions (edits to mechanics, plot, incorporating feedback and the like) will be done at the end each part.
Second pass major revisions will be done once the game is complete.
Chapter 1 - First pass rough draft done. ~6K
Chapter 2 - Detailed outline done. In the process of being written. (~6K/~15K)
Further chapters - Loosely outlined.